Chapter 17

The Chase

After the three girls watched and listened to Dongwoon, Kikwang, and Hyunseung after they got back to the hotel Hyunseung was staying in, they learned a few things.

One: Hyunseung was very clean.

Two: Hyunseung was fashionable.

Three: Hyunseung was very insightful.

Four: Hyunseung looked pretty dang shocked to hear about Doojoon.

Hyunseung collapsed on the side chair in shock. "M-mwo? Hyung.. Is d-d-" he couldn't even say it. He shook his head, then laughed. "You guys got me! Where is that loser anyway? He should be here!"

Kikwang bit his lip. "But we're not. We're completely serious."

"Why would we even want to joke about this?" Dongwoon asked.

"What even happened?" Hyunseung ordered, standing up in their faces.

Dongwoon shrugged. "I don't even know. They said hyung was murdered, but.. Oh, I don't know! He could've had a heart attack or something? I don't remember and I don't wanna remember!" He swallowed.

The room became silent. "Yah," Kikwang said softly. "We were all gonna meet up at his house for a get together. Like old times and maybe help out Gayoon with Jowoo tomorrow. You up for it?"

Hyunseung snappe out of his trance. "I mean, I guess. Just.. I need some time to think."

Dongwoon and Kikwang shared looks at each other and nodded. "Just call us if you need anything." Kikwang offered as they opened the door and left, leaving Hyunseung alone in the hotel room.


"This is boring! Can't we stop for a while? Just record it or something!" Hyosung groaned, going out of her mind. 

The girls had indeed been watching Hyunseung just sit there on his bed and look at his phone occasionally. Literally, he hadn't got up to walk around or anything, just sat there. After the airport, they left for Jieun's house , where they watched on the big screen. It was already their third bowl of popcorn and five bottles of soda.

"For once, I'm with Hyosung." Jieun sighed, stretching her arms out. "Let's take a walk somewhere."

Yeji cranked her neck and rubbed her shoulders. "Trust me, I'm all for it." She pressed the red button to record it and they all got up and left the darkened room.

In no time, they had left the house and made their way to the sidewalk outside the gates. It was a great day, the breeze blowing and the sun shining. 

Yeji's phone rang and she answered it. "He-"

"YAH! Where are you?!" A mad Daehyun yelled from the other line.

"I'm with Hyosung and Jieun. Why? What's wrong?"

"I'm hungry and Youngjae is trying to cook but he keeps failing! YEJI! WE'VE BEEN TO THE GROCERY STORE THREE TIMES ALREADY. THE WORKERS KEEP LOOKING AT US LIKE WE'RE CRAZY OR SOMETHING!" He heavily emphasized.

Yeji put on a disgusted face. "I don't get your point."

"Please, Yeji I am begging you, please make something! We're starving to death and we don't know where dad put the extra money to go out!" He whined.

Yeji sighed and looked over a Jieun and Hyosung. "Guys? Is it okay if we stop at my place for a bit?" Of course, they agreed in a second, finally finding something to do. Yeji put the phone back to her ear. "I'm on my way."

"Noona! You're our savior!" Zelo cheered in the background.

"YOU GUYS, MY COOKING ISN'T THAT BAD." Youngjae tried to convince everyone else. Shortly after, the line disconnected.


The three girls took off their shoes at the front door and entered the house. Zelo came sliding from the room next door and grabbed Yeji's arm and dragged her towards the kitchen. A confused Jieun and Hyosung followed closely behind.

In the kitchen, Youngjae had an apron wrapped around his waist and Daehyun was laying facedown on the floor. He had clearly given up on the whole matter. Utensils and opened packages were everywhere. Plus, there was water on the wall and the floor.

"What do you want anyway?" Yeji asked, taking the wooden spoon from Youngjae.

"Ramen." Zelo answered.

Jieun gasped. "You guys made this mess just by trying to make ramen?" Hyosung just shook her head and sat on the counter.

"Have you seen Youngjae cook before?" Daehyun's words were muffled. He didn't move a muscle.

"Oppa.." Yeji brought herself to Youngjae. "Why are you trying to use a frying pan to cook ramen?" She inspected the now black pan as she flipped it over in her hand.

Youngjae looked lost. "You're not supposed to?"

"It's fine, you at least tried." Yeji in air through her teeth. "Can you hand me the noodles?" She asked.

Not even ten minutes later, the six kids were sitting down at the table, eating like there was no tomorrow. Daehyun even pushed Youngjae away and grabbed some of his food.

"Thanks noona!" Zelo said with his mouth full. Yeji just smiled in response at him.

"You guys look tired." Daehyun commented.

Hyosung looked down at the table. "Of course. We've been watching some gu-" Jieun elbowed her in the side and she immediately woke up. "Gu-great movie but it's just so sad I can't watch it and so I got bored a bit."

Youngjae blinked. "What movie?"

"It was more like a documentary." Hyosung said lifelessly.

"By the way Jiyong hyung called." Zelo spoke up. "He wants to keep his promise of giving us ice cream."

"Good! I'm starving!" Daehyun threw his chopsticks on the empty bowl.

"That's your third bowl, you fat pig." Youngjae spat. He closed his mouth and acted like he didn't say anything while Daehyun growled at him.

"When are we doing that anyway?" Yeji asked.

"Hyung said he would call us again when they can. Apparently they're really busy right now or something." Zelo shrugged. 

Hyosung yawned and almost let her head fall into her food. "Do you have any soda or anything?"

Yeji nodded. "It should be in the fridge. I'll get some. Anyone else?" She checked.

She ended up getting everyone some and sat back down.

"You guys should've seen the guy that checked us out at the register earlier!" Daehyun said out of nowhere. "He looked really mad or something."

"He kept glaring." Youngjae added.

"Maybe that's because we went through him all three times we were there." Zelo side commented. "But he was. He was pretty scary."

"Very hostile." Youngjae nodded. "I'm pretty sure he asked for some item we didn't even get. Our bill kept going higher and higher every time, even though we got the same stuff."

Jieun clicked her tongue. "You should take it up with the manager. That doesn't seem fair."

"Oh, I asked alright." Daehyun folded his arms across his chest and started to scowl at the wall. "But he kept saying the manager wasn't available at the time or something. How can he not be? He's the flipping manager!"

"Go some other day then." Yeji said. "I'll go with you. What was his name, do you remember?"

The boys looked at each other trying to remember. Zelo shook his head. Youngjae snapped his fingers after a while. "Oh yeah! It was like, Yosoob or something like that."

Yeji gulped. "Yoseob?"

"Yeah! That's it!" Youngjae pointed at her.

"Nice guy he is." Daehyun pursed his lips.

Yeji secretly made eye contact with Jieun and Hyosung, signaling something. Of course, Yeji didn't want to bother them anymore than she already had, so she walked them to the door. "It's okay. I'll go by myself."

"You sure? Grocery stores are always fun." Hyosung nodded at her own statement.

"Yeah. I don't even know if it's Yang Yoseob or just another Yoseob. I just remembered Seunghyun oppa saying something about a Yoseob working at a grocery store." Yeji pushed them out the door. "Don't worry, I'll see you guys at school tomorrow."

Jieun smiled. "Bye bye!" The two girls waved and walked away.

Yeji bit her lip. "Guys, I'm going to the grocery store! You need anything?"


I AM BACK!! I am sooooo sorry for not updating for a while!! I've been so busy with the holidays and... School... :(

By the way, it's very very late, but

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!:D