Chapter 11

The Chase

Yeji found her way home after a while and fell back on the sofa. But she couldn't get the scene out of her head.

For the first time in her life, she had actually talked to a suspect. That didn't know she knew. Then again, did he know? Ehh.. Probably.

She flipped onto her stomach and got out her phone to text Hyosung to ask her what she was doing next weekend. All was going well until she suddenly felt a weight on her legs. She looked up and saw Zelo smirking at her. "Noonaaa..." He called.

"What?"

"Do you think we could go to the store today?"

Yeji struggled. "Maybe if you.. Ugh!" Another person sat on her back, now pushing her whole body to the couch. "The hell?!"

"Please, Yeji." Daehyun begged. "I'm starving."

"Maybe if you.." She grunted. "Get off of me?" She scowled at them both.

Daehyun shot Zelo a look. "You heard her, get off!" They both stood up in front of her, hands folded with pouts on their faces. "Please?" They pleaded with her. She got up herself, rubbing her back and shoulders.

"I guess." She huffed out, stretching her back. "Where's Youngjae?"

Something landed on the floor right at the bottom of the stairs. "Here! I'm hungry too!" He ran to them.

Daehyun nodded. "Alright, alright." He looked back to Yeji. "Can we go now?"

She walked over to the counter and threw him the keys. "Go for it."

Daehyun ended up parking the car in the back of the lot, since it was packed with other people. It wasn't hard to understand, since it was later in the day after all. People needed dinner. Daehyun just claimed that he needed it more.

They all walked through the sliding glass doors where Yeji grabbed one of the grocery carts.

"YEJI!" Daehyun said loudly, already two rows down from the vegetables they needed first.

Youngjae rolled his eyes. "Can he be any louder?" He looked at his sister. "He complains about Himchan being loud.."

Yeji sighed, agreeing with Youngjae totally. But she still wheeled the cart over to where Daehyun was. "What is it?"

Daehyun was jumping up and down, pointing and smiling at something on the shelf like it was the last cheesecake in the world and he had been the lucky person to have found it. "Yeji! It's tofu! Get it, get it, get it.." He pushed her. "Then we can fry it! It's so good fried!" He threw it in the cart anyway. He strolled along the aisles looking for more food.

"Let's see.. Noodles, cake, ramyun, chips, chocolate.." He kept throwing whatever over to Youngjae and Zelo who had no choice but to catch it.

"Hyung.. Are we really getting all of this?" Zelo looked up nervously.

Daehyun widened his eyes and looked over. "Of course! This is all necessary!"

"But, all of this?" Youngjae lifted his eyebrow.

"I, Daehyun, am the oldest! Whatever I say, goes!" He declared, putting his hands on his hips.

Yeji blinked. "But oppa, I don't think we have enough money for this. We didn't bring that much." She took out the money in her pocket and started counting.

Daehyun went over and messed her hair up. "Arasso." He looked to the others. "You heard her, put it back!"

"Are you being-"

"Now, Youngjae." Daehyun glared into his soul. Youngjae gulped.

Yeji hit Daehyun's arm. "Yah! Don't."

"Mien~." Daehyun smiled sweetly at her, then looked at Youngjae secretly and gave him looks killer enough for Youngjae to hide behind Zelo.

"Hyung.. Just because I'm tall doesn't mean anything." Zelo looked over his shoulder.

"Kwenchana. It's enough." Youngjae nodded, eyes closed.

Yeji checked the sheet again. "Where's the meat again?" She looked around up and down the aisle she was currently in. It seemed to be in the frozen section at the end, opposite the cash registers. She walked over to it, the boys right behind her, pushing each other and poking fun.

"He's just mad that I'll beat him again on the tests." Youngjae told Zelo, who was on the other side of Daehyun.

"Am not!" Daehyun opposed, crossing his arms. "It doesn't matter because I'll live happy with chicks and food while you become a workaholic for the rest of your life."

Youngjae facepalmed himself. "Just because I want to succeed doesn't mean I'll be a work-" he stopped short, peering over at Yeji.

She was focused on something. Or someone. She had her eyes set on someone who was checking out the meats. It wouldn't have gained her interest, but the fact that the guy was checking his surroundings multiple times before taking a package and slipping it into a pocket inside his coat just screamed 'suspicious'. Especially since he had sunglasses on inside.

She pushed the cart over to Youngjae. "Don't let Daehyun get whatever he wants. I'll be right back." She told him as he nodded, scratching his head.

Yeji discretely followed him, pretending to look at the meat also. When he finished stuffing the package inside, he went to the liquor aisle and snagged a bottle, putting it beside the meat in his pocket.

He hung around for a while before checking out the magazines for five minutes. That's when he looked around one more time to make sure it was clear to leave.

The man made his way towards the exit near the pharmacy center away from the checkout counters.

Yeji gaped. "Really?" She jogged over to him. "Yah! You dropped your wallet over here, mister!" He took one look at her, stared for a second and then all of a sudden, made a run for it. "Yah! Ajussi! Your wallet!" She ran after him.

He didn't even know where he was going himself, but he ran anywhere he could.

Since the man had meat and alcohol in his pockets, it wasn't hard for Yeji to catch up with him. Until he started pushing carts at her, blocking her path.

Too bad he didn't make it very far. He tripped over someone's foot. The thief looked up and saw a smirking face.

Yeji cleared the way and ran to the man before she saw a boy her age with blonde hair say something to the man before he stormed off with his friends.

"Geez! You're trapped! Stop running!" She leaned on one of the cart racks. "I'll catch you anyway."

He struggled to get up before he started backing away, bumping into someone in the process. He turned around and saw someone in a suit staring at him before holding up handcuffs. Yeji held up her phone at the same time.

"Hyung! Wait!" Daesung called out. He saw that Jiyong had already handcuffed the guy and was walking over to him now. "Aww! You always get the best parts!"

Jiyong grinned. "I know. Isn't it great." He punched Daesung's arm on the way to the car.

Yeji walked over. "You know, if you wanna make up for it, you could just buy me some ice cream." She raised an eyebrow with a smile.

Daehyun ran across the lot to where Yeji and Daesung were. "Yeji! What's going- oh! Hyung! What are you doing here?"

"Apparently buying you kids ice cream." He answered. Yeji patted him on the back with a smile.

"Really?" Daehyun's eyes sparkled.

"Not so fast, Daesung. We sill have to take this guy in." Jiyong motioned with his thumb over to the police car where the thief was hanging his head behind the bar barrier.

Daehyun pouted. "After?"

Jiyong thought. "Sure, I guess. It'll have to be quick though. I'll invite Seunghyun too. God knows how much he loves ice cream too." He flipped out his phone and gave him a call.

"Stay here, I'll be back." Yeji told Daehyun and Daesung to walk back in.

She caught sight of Youngjae and Zelo with the cart waiting in line for the register. Sighing, she walked over, where Zelo was picking up candy and checking out flavors. "Noona! What happened?"

"Nothing. Daesung and Jiying oppa took care of it." She waved it off, checking the cart. "Did Daehyun get more junk?"

"Hyungs are here?" Youngjae groaned. "Can't we just go to the store without involving the police?" When people started looking at him, he held up his hands in defense. "Hypothetically."

Yeji shrugged. "Not my fault someone tried to steal liquor."

"Noona, Youngjae hyung let Daehyun hyung to get more food than you said." Zelo accused, pointing at Youngjae with an outstretched arm.

"Mw-mwoh? Aniya! No way! He must've snuck stuff in during that whole chase thing. I didn't see anything." Youngjae argued while Yeji sighed, shaking her head.

They went through the line, Yeji paying for everything, including the food Daehyun got. They wheeled the cart out, since they were not able to carry all eight bags themselves. They put the bags in the cart rack and got in the car.

"They said they have to postpone." Daehyun got in the drivers seat. "Apparently Seunghyun hyung found something involving your little case." He told Yeji, who was sitting in the passenger seat.

She just nodded, too tired to leave to go with Jiyong in his car. She'd just call them later. "When we get home, I'm taking a nap. Don't wake me up." She ordered, putting on her seatbelt, closing her eyes and drifting off in the car.


Update!! :D

It's really hectic, with finals this week and orchestra all weekend. Three shows down, one to go!

then after one week.... 

WINTER BREAK. HUNCJDJKAOJDMKDAKVNFJOXKF. KRISUS YES