Chapter 12

The Chase

When they got home, Yeji slept. And slept and slept until it was already night time. Even her brothers were confused.

"Yah. I thought she just wanted a nap." Daehyun murmured softly to the others, not wanting to wake her up. 

"I don't know!" Youngjae sighed. They had tried to make their own dinners themselves, but failed miserably. Daehyun had overcooked the noodles, Zelo cut up the onions too big, and Youngjae had dropped the sauce, causing it to spread over the floor. Plus, they didn't even have most of the vegetables. Because of the whole stealing thing going on, they had completely forgotten about it. "I'd go to the store, but I don't know what we need."

Zelo blinked. "Then just wake her up." He grabbed one of her stuffed animals and tossed it into the air in front of him and caught it. "Like this."

"Zelo!" Daehyun warned. Zelo took the bear and chucked it at Yeji's sleeping figure on the couch. She started to stir in her sleep and shifted her position, which caused Daehyun and Youngjae to wince.

"Mien noona. I have no other choice." Zelo took a pillow and started swinging, hitting her head and stomach.

"Yah!" She roared and sat up, frowning. "What do you want?!"

The boys looked at each other, then at her. "We still need dinner." Youngjae spoke up.

"Wae? Didn't we just go to the store?"

"Yeah, but Daehyun hyung burnt the noodles." He pointed accusingly at Daehyun.

"You little.." Daehyun started.

Yeji let out a large breath. "Arasso, I'll go again." She rubbed her eyes and stretched. "Same thing?"

"Ne!" They chorused.

Yeji put her hair up and her ponytail through her hat, then put on her shoes and grabbed her small sling purse. "I'll be back!" She called once more before disappearing through the door.


Yeji puffed her cheeks before stepping through the sliding glass doors at the grocery store. Immediately, she headed to the vegetables. She grabbed the onions and peppers before her phone started ringing.

"Yobeoseyo?"

"YAH!" Hyosung yelled. "What's this about going out this weekend?"

"Himchan oppa invited all of us." Yeji explained, still looking thoroughly for ingredients. "You and Jieun. He's going with my brother's group of friends."

The other line went silent. "Oh really now. What are we doing anyway?"

"I guess a movie or something." Yeji shrugged. "I don't even know myself."

"Well that's just great. So what are you even doing anyway?"

"Buying stuff for dinner. Daehyun burnt the food." She explained.

Hyosung scoffed on the other end. "How exactly did he manage to do that? How do you even burn noodles in water? That idiot.."

"Who knows. He's always been like that. Coming up with the impossible." Yeji made a face. "Oh yeah! I still need to ask Jieun if she wants to come! How did I forget?"

"You and Daehyun are from the same family all right."

Yeji clenched her jaw. "Yah! I'm taking that as an insult."

"Good. Because it was." Yeji could almost imagine Hyusung stickin her tongue out at her through the phone. "Anyway, I gotta go. Parents just got back."

"What? Are you grounded from your phone again?"

"Yep! Gottagoloveyouseeyoutomorrowbye!" Hyosung ended the call abruptly. Yeji let out a small laugh before putting her phone back into her pocket and kept on shopping when someone bumped into her.

"Sorry!" Yeji bowed to the man in front of her. 

He only laughed. "Sorry."

Yeji looked up and her eyes bulged out of her sockets. This couldn't be happening. For the second time this weekend.

Son Dongwoon.

She made another small bow. "U-uh.."

"Yeah?" He raised a brow.

She gulped. What the hell was she supposed to say? She looked at her feet and noticed a couple of small cards on the ground. She picked them up and handed them to Dongwoon. "You dropped these."

He checked his pockets. "Oh. Thanks." He smiled.

"You're a car salesman?" She read his business card. Then it clicked. Why did Doojoon know Dongwoon? Because they worked together, but these two were especially close at work, knowing that their offices were next to each other.

Dongwoon nodded. "Need something?"

She thought. If she said yes, she would be able to go to Doojoon's workplace and check it out. Not to mention, see what Dongwoon had against Doojoon to become someone who was suspected of his murder.

Yeji nodded herself. "It's almost my dad's birthday and my family is pitching in to get him a new car. He's had the same one for fifteen years."

"Then keep that and I'll see what I can do to help you and your family." He smiled. "What's your name again so I can help you?"

"Joo Yejin." She answered immediately. Just in case she ran into Junhyung and Dongwoon in the same place or something. "B-but don't look me up and ask for my dad. It's a total secret." She told him. If he contacted her dad, she'd be dead. For sure. Plus, he wouldn't be able to find her anyway.

"Okay, Joo Yejin. I hope I'll be seeing you in the future." He bowed his head and left.

Yeji gulped. "This is insane."