Chapter 5

The Chase

"Where exactly are we going?" Youngjae asked from the backseat next to Zelo.

"Somewhere." Yeji answered, taking a right turn. 

Right as they walked out the doors, Yeji had sneaked up behind Daehyun, taking the keys in the process and ran to the driver's seat. Which was weird for her, seeing as she never really liked to drive in the first place. There was only one place she wanted to go, and her brothers knew it- the scene.

"N-noona, this place looks sketchy." Zelo looked around the scenery outside at all the crates piled up in rows near the river. The warehouse was clearly seen from where they were, which was about a little under a mile away.

Yeji didn't hear him. She was too busy focusing on the road to get to the actual warehouse. When she made it, she parked the car right next to the back door, in case people were in there.

She got out of the car, while the boys got out hesitantly, ready to push her back in if something was wrong. But nothing felt wrong, so they trailed her.

She peered through the little window on the door for confirmation that no one was there. When everything was silent, she opened the door and slid her way through, making no sound. 

"Yeji." Youngjae said as he kept the door open for Zelo.

"What?"

"Dad will murder you if he found out about this."

She looked at him and shrugged with a smirk. "Who says he has to?" She turned around and took everything in. Pieces of police tape was still there. So was trash and crumpled up papers that was mostly by this desk in the corner. "Hey, keep a lookout." She ordered the boys.

Not even trying to be quiet anymore, she walked across the huge room towards the obvious place, which was the desk. She the light, even though there was nothing there, paper wise.

"Does anyone have a pencil or a piece of paper?" She called.

"Why?" Daehyun asked.

"So I can catch any imprints made when someone was writing on this thing." She answered, feeling the top of the desk. She opened the drawers on the right side.

"I have a receipt." Daehyun said, looking through his pockets. "And I wouldn't be surprised if Youngjae had a pencil anywhere."

Youngjae walked over with Daehyun. "What's wrong with carrying a pencil? Sometimes it's handy to have them around. Like now."

"Thank you.." Yeji said slowly, taking them and immediately coloring over the paper. When nothing came up, she erased and scribbled again. It took a minute for her to find anything written, which was different because the thing looked old. But nonetheless, she found a number and an adress right next to each other. She but her lip and handed it to Daehyun.

He flipped it over and read it aloud. "Chana Apartments.. What's this?"

Yeji stood up and went over to examine the walls. "It's an adress. It'll make more sense when we know who the victim is." Nothing was out of the ordinary, but a hair that she couldn't do anything about because she didn't have the required machines.. Or did she? She took out a small Tupperware container she kept for spare change. She took the hair and put it inside the empety containe, and back into her pocket.

Next, she walked over to where the body was found. There was dried blood and black marks. "Did they say if they found the actual bullet?"

"I think Seunghyun hyung had it on his desk." Zelo answered, still near the back door. "Noona! When can we go?" He whined.

"Just a second." She took out her phone and took pictures of everything at different angles, then put it back into her pocket. "All right. I'm finished here." She answered, pulling Daehyun behind her. Youngjae and Zelo were already out the door.

"I'll be taking those.." Daehyun grabbed the keys from Yeji, who didn't seem to mind the slightest.

 

While they were driving in the car, Yeji got out her phone.

Jieun-ah.. You there?

She sent the message and waited for a reply.

Yeah, why?

I was just wondering.. Don't you have a lab somewhere in your house? Jieun's dad was a chemist.

Yes. Do you need something?

Do you think he could run a hair sample for me? Yeji asked bluntly.

It might take a while, but I guess he could. Yeji, you're not looking into anything related to a case are you? There's no other reason for you to examine someone's hair if you were sane.

I'll tell you when I give you the sample. When could I come over?

Anytime is fine for me.

Great! Love you Jieun! Yeji sent with a smiley face and ended the conversation.

"You're not going with this case thing, are you?" Zelo broke the silence and asked.

"I might, might not." She answered. She knew the answer was yes. "But I'm not gonna do it on my own. Maybe I'll hang around Jiyong and the rest. Like an internship maybe."

"What if dad finds out?" Youngjae asked.

Yeji turned around. "What? Is that your favorite question or something? You've asked that three times."

"Still.."

"Either way, it'll be fine. You know I know how to take care of myself." She smiled. "I haven't lost a fight once.. Including against you guys."

Zelo and Youngjae gave looks to each other. Daehyung gripped the wheel. He felt like he was crushing it. While the two in the back were wavering on the situation, Daehyun was set against it. There was nothing anyone could say that would make him believe that this was a good idea. He didn't like the thought of his sister getting caught by some gangsters or something in the middle of all this. Yeah, she could take care of herself, but what about if it was 4 to 1?

But he wouldn't tell his dad. Not just yet.