Chapter 3

The Chase

The kids made their way home in ten minutes. They pulled into the driveway of their two story house on the edge of their street. It wasn't the biggest or fanciest house in the whole city, but it was enough for them. 

They got home and started on their homework. Well, everyone besides Daehyun, who insisted one watching television first, to first stimulate his mind since school was so boring he almost fell asleep.

Meanwhile, Zelo was in his room. He had always had trouble with school. It was the worst thing in the world for him, and it was worse now that he was in high school. He looked at the algebra problem, scratching his head trying to think of a formula, but nothing came up. 

"Youngjae hyung!" He finally got up and yelled. He grabbed his book and made his way to Youngjae's room. The door creaked open slowly, not to bother him. "Youngjae hyung?"

He didn't turn around. "Yes, Junhong?"

"I need help with my math." Zelo started. "Do you think you could help me?" He prayed, since Youngjae was the smartest in the family.

Youngjae sighed and swiveled around, still in his chair. "Mien. I want to, but I have two essays due and a project. Maybe next time." He smiled and turned back to his desk and started writing his paper.

Zelo sighed and closed his door, walking down to his other brother.

"Hyuuung!" He ran and sat down next to Daehyun. He smiled up at him.

"What?" Daehyun asked, eyes glued to the tv.

"Do you think you could help me with something?"

Daehyun slowly turned his head with a sly smile, and punched Zelo's arm weakly. "What's this? You found someone you're interested in? Then you came to the right hyung! What's her name?"

Zelo blinked. "I was talking about math."

Daehyun's smile faded and turned back to the tv. "Yaa, you know I don't know anything. Go ask Youngjae or something."

Not wanting to disturb him anymore, he got up. "Arasso." He bowed his head and started walking up the stairs, when he heard some pages flipping at the kitchen table.

Yeji was sitting there with her glasses, reading a huge book, pencil in hand.

Zelo ran over to her and picked up the paper she was writing, and started reading aloud. "In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue.."

Yeji snagged it back with a small grin. "That's not what it says." She started writing again. "Need something?"

"Uh.. Yeah." He slid the chair out and took a seat next to her. "I don't get this problem.. Or this one, or this one." Immediately, Yeji pushed her stuff over, and started teaching Zelo the formulas and explanations. That was one of the perks of having Yeji as a sister. Sure, she could be out of hand sometimes, but she wasn't totally mean, like Sungjong's sister.

".. And y=16." Yeji yawned. "Understand?"

Zelo nodded. "Thanks noona."

"Anytime." She smiled.

The door opened and voices started booming.

"NEVER FEAR, HIMCHAN IS HERE! LET THE PARTY BEGIN." Himchan walked in the kitchen from the back door and walked past Yeji and Zelo to the couch where Daehyun was.

Yongguk then saw them and walked past. "You should really lock your doors. Burglars will get in."

"Hi Yeji." Jongup waved and followed Yongguk.

"If dad was here, he'd kick you out, Himchan. Man, you're loud." Daehyun gave him a look and scooted over, giving them room to sit down.

"Well, he's not, so it's fine." Himchan smiled. "YA, YEJI! WHAT'S FOR DINNER?" He yelled.

Youngjae walked down the stairs. "Who says you're staying for dinner, you pig?!"

Himchan turned around and caught eyes with Youngjae. He gulped. He ran up the stairs and Himchan jumped up and started chasing him. "Come back here! Don't talk to your hyung that way!"

Yeji rolled her eyes and started doing her history again. 

"In other news, a man's body was found in the warehouse on the other side of the Han River. Investigators say he was shot and killed last night. There are no witnesses, but detectives say they haven't caught the killer yet." The news reporter on tv stated.

"Why are we watching the news?" Yongguk asked. Daehyun shrugged and turned it off, right as Yeji grabbed the remote and turned it back on. "Ya!" Daehyun pouted.

"Yes, the killer is still out there." A detective appeared on the screen. They looked like they were in the warehouses right next to the river. In the background, police officials had the place cut off by tape and pictures were being taken. Samples and animals were being caught and examined. The body of course was behind the big white morgue van.

"Hey! It's Taeyang hyung!" Zelo pointed.

Yeji let out a small laugh. Of course it was Taeyang. He was the only one in his group that could talk in front of cameras and appear sane. Jiyong would be too jumpy, and Seungri would just make jokes the whole time. Daesung would seem too happy about the whole 'being on camera' thing. And Seunghyun would just be too awkward with the news lady.

"We have forensics looking into the case as we speak, but we can't say anything special about the case just yet." Taeyang finished and flashed off the screen, just as the group saw Seungri in the background jumping up and down, laughing at how Daesung tripped over a brick.

"Those idiots." Daehyung commented to himself.

Yongguk noticed Yeji staring at the screen. "What? Interested in this one too?"

She turned to him. "Why not? He's still out there. What if he kills again?"

"Noona, you know dad doesn't approve of you getting into the police business, especially his cases." Zelo nudged her.

"What? It's not like he ever lets me close enough to evidence or anything." She pouted. In the future, she wanted to become a detective, just like her father, but he disapproved in a snap. But if her brothers wanted to be detectives, he would support them through everything.

"Still.."

Yeji pushed herself off the floor and threw the remote at Daehyun. "Knock yourself out. I'm making dinner, you guys want anything?"

Jongup raised his hand. 

Bless his soul. "Yes, Jongup?"

"Can you make braised chicken?" He asked. Yeji nodded. 

"Arasso. It'll be done in a while." She called before heading into the kitchen.

Daehyun let out a sigh and scratched the back of his neck. He didn't like the idea either. It was too dangerous. "That girl is going to get herself in some serious trouble someday." Yongguk nodded at Daehyun, who just tried to focus on the game.