BROKEN…

THE TALE OF TWO SISTERS

“No one moves…its NYPD!” Joong Ki shouted as he and his team entered the premises where drug mules were hiding.

“Confiscate all the evidences! Make sure that you won’t miss a spot!” Yonghwa commanded to his team at the other room.

“Arrest everyone!” Joong Ki commanded his subordinates.

“Yes, sir”, the other detectives said as they started arresting drug mules…some were Asians while others where Caucasians and Africans.

Joong Ki did not waste time monitoring his team…he needed to arrest a particular person…Black Dragon. He ran upstairs…one of the detectives under his unit reported that Black Dragon stayed at the rooftop of the building.

“Black Dragon, where are you?” Joong Ki asked in a low voice as he was creeping upstairs…his breathing was heavy filled with anticipation…his 9 mm gun at the ready.

He heard movement inside one of the rooms and he ran towards it. It was Black Dragon…who tied a blanket at one of the windows in order for him to escape.

“! Stop or I’ll shoot you!” Joong Ki shouted.

“You can’t catch me, Detective Song”, Black Dragon said…as he fired his gun directly at Joong Ki.

Joong Ki jumped to the side to avoid being hit by Black Dragon’s bullet.

“See you around, Detective Song!” Black Dragon shouted…his voice fading as he was sliding on the blanket which would help him down from his building to the streets outside.

Joong Ki did not waste his time…he chased Black Dragon and also slid to the blanket…he fired two shots to Black Dragon who was already down the street. Black Dragon also fired a shot and it hit him on the shoulder. But Joong Ki was determined…he again fired two consecutive shots while he was sliding from the blanket and he managed to hit Black Dragon to his shoulder and to his left leg.

“Now, bastard, I got you”, Joong Ki said menacingly as he was already on the street…looking at the man who was lying on the ground shouting in pain.

Black Dragon tried his best to fire again but his gun was already empty.

“You wounded me and three of my subordinates, you little ! I’ll see you rotting in prison for this!” Joong Ki said as he abruptly charged at Black Dragon and turned him facing the ground and fastened the handcuffs at his wrists.

“Hehehe…do you think I’ll stay long in that place you called a prison? I escaped for so many times through the years and believe me I’ll escape again…hehehe!” Black Dragon laughed maniacally.

“Get up, bastard!” Joong Ki said as he pulled Black Dragon to his feet. He winced slightly at the pain on his shoulder.

“Joong Ki”, Yonghwa called to him as he approached with the other detectives.

“! I hate it when you’re going suicidal!” Yonghwa said as he tossed Black Dragon to the other detectives and assisted Joong Ki.

“Everything inside good?” Joong Ki asked…he winced again at the pain of his bullet wound.

“We confiscated everything and arrested the drug mules. That Black Dragon really ran a large scale illegal drugs deal”, Yonghwa said as they were walking towards their patrol car.

“He should rot in prison for destroying so many lives”, Joong Ki said as he entered the passenger seat and fastened his seat belt.

“If it’s up to me…I’ll just shoot him dead and have him buried right away”, Yonghwa said as he fastened his seat belt and started the car.

“Let’s go to the station”, Joong Ki said.

“We are going to the hospital, Detective Song”, Yonghwa replied.

“Sure, Detective Jung, whatever you say”, Joong Ki said as he closed his eyes and fell asleep. While Yonghwa drove to the direction of Bellevue Hospital Center.

“The two of you again?” Dr. Federer asked as they saw them at the emergency room.

“I’m afraid, Doc, you see we love playing with bullets like action stars. Sadly, Joong Ki here played it too hard…he was hit”, Yonghwa bantered jokingly.

“It seems that the two of you love shooting and being shot. Anyway, how did this happen this time?” Dr. Federer asked as he helped Yonghwa removed Joong Ki’s brown leather jacket.

Joong Ki detailed the incident to the doctor as he tried not to wince in pain as he was lying on the bed with the doctor taking out the bullet and patching him up.

“Yours have already healed?” Dr. Federer asked Yonghwa whom he treated the last time after the two had been in the operation busting a ion den specializing at abusing and selling minors.

“Yeah…good as new”, Yonghwa said as he hopped on his feet showing that his wound on his right leg was already healed.

“I hope you’ll be careful next time”, Dr. Federer told the two.

“Don’t worry, doc, you won’t see us at the morgue anytime soon”, Joong Ki said as he went to his feet.

“We’ll see you around, doc. Thank you very much”, Yonghwa said as he and Joong Ki walked towards the exit of the emergency area to the parking lot and entered their patrol car.

They arrived at the office of New York Police District (NYPD). They had been at the agency for around three years.

“Congratulations!” everyone at the office welcomed them for leading a successful raid of the illegal drug operation.

“Thank you”, Joong Ki and Yonghwa said as they were tapped friendlily by their fellow detectives.

“The boss wants to see you at his office”, one of the detectives informed them.

“Sure. Guys, let’s drink after work. The tab’s on us”, Yonghwa said which brought cheers from their fellow detectives.

“Sir”, Joong Ki said.

“I’d like to personally commend you and Detective Jung for a job well done”, the director said.

“Thank you, sir”, they both answered.

“Why don’t you take the time off? Particularly, you, Detective Song”, the director suggested.

“It’s okay, sir, I’ll just stay here at the office instead”, Joong Ki replied.

“The last time it was Detective Jung now you. Please, be careful of yourselves…I’d hate to bring your dead bodies to your wives”, the director admonished the two.

“Don’t worry, sir, you’ll just have to bring mine to my daughter since I and my wife are already divorced”, Yonghwa replied.

“Sorry…I forgot…you’ve been unhitched two years ago”, the director said.

“It’s better that way, sir. But if you’d bring Detective Song’s just send it at the branch of Moon Bank here in New York”, Yonghwa said.

“Moon Bank?” the director curiously asked.

“Sir, don’t mind Detective Jung…I think he’s having a fever…we’ll get going, sir”, Joong Ki said as he already walked out of the room with Yonghwa following him. The director just smiled and shook his head.

“Why do you have to say that?” Joong Ki asked as they were sitting at their swivel chairs at the corner of the room.

“It’s true…if you’d die you would be very happy if they’d send your remains to Moon Chae Won, right?” Yonghwa said assured of what he knew of Joong Ki’s obsession and love for the heiress of Moon Bank.

“Yonghwa, she’s no longer Moon Chae Won…she’s already Jung Chae Won and you know that I’m already married to Jessica Jung. Heavens! Why do I have the affinity to people with the Jung surname?” Joong Ki asked pretending to wonder why.

“Joong Ki, she’s been a widow for two years now and your divorce with Jessica would already be finalized this week”, Yonghwa reminded his best friend.

“Really? I didn’t know that. How did her husband died?” Joong Ki’s curiousity peaked.

“I know…I watched it when it was broadcasted by Jung So Min, Kim Hyun Joong’s wife, for K Channel. I have a cable subscription there and they said that Jung Il Woo, Chae Won’s husband, died in a fire at the couple’s villa at Aomori, Japan”, Yonghwa narrated.

“I think I heard that news but I didn’t believe it. So the rumors about her husband dying on her after they had been together for a year are true?” Joong Ki confirmed.

“Yes and everyone accused her of killing her husband. Everyone is speculating that she killed him”, Yonghwa said.

“That’s bull! Why would she do that? I saw her…I saw her as a happy bride. You knew that I was outside that church when they got married and she was so happy being married to him”, Joong Ki said as revulsion and pain at that particular memory surfaced on him.

“I don’t know, Joong Ki, but the point is…she’s already a widow and a week from now you’ll be a divorcee like me”, Yonghwa commented.

“How’s the settlement for the visitation rights of the child?” Joong Ki changed the topic.

“Fine…my infidel wife, Seo Hyun…actually Cho Hyun for two years now decided to leave the entire custody of our daughter to me since Kyuhyun doesn’t like my daughter at all”, Yonghwa bitterly replied.

“Do you still love her?” Joong Ki asked.

“Love her? I hated her so much for cheating on me and for abandoning me and our daughter”, Yonghwa replied angrily.

Joong Ki knew that Yonghwa’s relationship with Seo Hyun had never been a good one. They were in their second year in law school when Seo Hyun became pregnant and the two got married. Yonghwa’s daughter, Jung Ga In was already five years old.

“What are your plans then?” Joong Ki asked Yonghwa.

“I’ll raised my daughter and maybe I’ll find a good woman to marry and help me raise her”, Yonghwa replied.

“I hope you’ll find her, Yonghwa”, Joong Ki said.

“I hope so, too”, Yonghwa said.

“I’ll just get some fresh air at the rooftop”, Joong Ki said as he stood from his chair and went towards the stairs to the rooftop.

Joong Ki was looking at the city from the rooftop…the air was cold but it was refreshing despite the twinge of pain it brought his bullet wound.

“Hye Kyo noona, I miss you so much. It’s been years now but I haven’t found him yet”, Joong Ki silently told himself as memories flooded back.

“Is this, Song Joong Ki?” the person at the other line asked.

“Yeah…may I know who’s calling?” Joong Ki asked.

“It’s Detective Lee from Seoul Police…we just like to inform you of your elder sister, Song Hye Kyo’s death”, Detective Lee reported.

“What? Who is dead?” Joong Ki asked…he could not believe what he was hearing.

“You’re sister, Song Hye Kyo is dead”, Detective Lee repeated.

“How did that happen? How…?” Joong Ki’s tears fell from his eyes…the only family he had was already dead…

“Suicide…your sister committed suicide. She overdosed in causing her heart attack”, Detective Lee said.

“No…it can’t be. My sister has no reason to commit suicide much less to take ”, Joong Ki said.

“Mr. Song, I’m just telling you what happened to your sister. We would also like you to fly here to Seoul and claim your sister’s body”, Detective Lee said.

“Yes…I’d be there tomorrow”, Joong Ki agreed before he cut the call and cried bitterly.

“Joong Ki, what happened?” Yonghwa asked as he saw her at the floor crying…his room was in shambles.

“My sister’s dead, Yonghwa, they said she committed suicide”, Joong Ki replied his voice hoarse from too much shouting and crying.

“Hye Kyo noona? But she doesn’t have a reason to kill herself”, Yonghwa immediately said.

“I told them that but they wouldn’t believe me. They said she ingested and it induced heart attack”, Joong Ki replied.

“Let’s go to Seoul”, Yonghwa suggested.

“I will…I’d like to see my sister”, Joong Ki said.

They booked their flight and called the university to inform their professors of what happened. They arrived in Seoul the next day. They immediately went to Seoul Police Station to claim Hye Kyo’s body.

“Detective Lee, my sister would not commit suicide”, Joong Ki declared.

“We investigated your mansion…there’s no force entry…the servants were sent out that day for an off…the cctv cameras doesn’t contain anything that might give you an idea about a possible foul play”, Detective Lee said as he gave the police report to Joong Ki.

“Detective Lee, my sister didn’t commit suicide. I’m sure of that”, Joong Ki said as he claimed her sister’s body and brought it to their mansion for the wake.

Many came to give their condolences. The sisters Park Shinhye and Moon Chae Won also claimed to extend their condolences for his sister’s death.

“Joong Ki, we’re deeply sorry for your lost”, Chae Won said as she and Shinhye bowed politely to him.

“Thank you very much…thank you very much”, Joong Ki said as tears rolled from his eyes.

Chae Won came near to him and enveloped him in her arms as his body shook from the pain he felt.

“Chae Won, my sister didn’t commit suicide and I’ll someday prove it to anyone”, Joong Ki declared.

Chae Won wiped his tears with her thumbs… she looked so beautiful and serene…her eyes solemn and sad as she stared at him.

“Wait for me…will you wait for me?” Joong Ki asked Chae Won.

Chae Won did not say anything…she just embraced him once more before she and Shinhye looked at Hye Kyo’s face inside the casket before they sat with the other visitors.

“Hye Kyo noona, I know that you were murdered and I’ll prove it to them. I won’t stop until I have them on their knees”, Joong Ki promised his sister.

He became surer of his assumption that his sister was killed when he received a phone call that night.

“Hello, Song Joong Ki?” the woman at the other line asked.

“Speaking”, Joong Ki replied.

“Your sister didn’t commit suicide. She was murdered….the was mixed in her juice. I was there…I saw it. He already escaped to US…I heard him say that he would stay at the US”, the woman said.

“Who are you? Please, help me bring this man to justice”, Joong Ki said.

“I can’t help you anymore…it’s the only thing that I can do for you”, the woman said as she cut the call.

“Hello? Hello?” Joong Ki shouted as tears of desperation again fell from his eyes.

It thus started his obsession to find his sister’s killer…the quest that took him back to US…to New York to NYPD leaving his family’s business to his sister’s assistant Lee Jong Hyun. He volunteered to every operation specially those related to illegal drugs in order to ease the pain he felt in his heart and to seek revenge against illegal drugs perpetrators.

His memories were interrupted by a phone call…it was Detective Lee Jung Shin…he and Yonghwa’s classmate and friend who decided to work for the Seoul Police.

“Joong Ki, I finally had the lead for your sister’s case”, Jung Shin said.

“You finally tracked him down”, Joong Ki said.

“Yes”, Jung Shin replied.

“Is he still in here in the US?” Joong Ki asked.

“No…he already went back here in South Korea”, Jung Shin replied.

“Do we have a name?” Joong Ki asked.

“Yes…its Kim Tae Hoon”, Jung Shin replied.

“How did you know?” Joong Ki asked.

“I followed the trail for years, Joong Ki. He and your sister dated for two years…I interviewed some of your servants and others at the offices at the mall. He actually changed his name when he stayed in US but I had my sources and I was able to track him for you”, Jung Shin replied.

“How could you be sure it’s him?” Joong Ki asked.

“Joong Ki, he was sitting right here in the jail at the police station…he was arrested for killing a person using ”, Jung Shin replied.

“I’m coming back to Seoul next week. It’s time I face him personally”, Joong Ki replied.

“I’m hoping you’d bring Yonghwa and his daughter with you”, Jung Shin reminded Joong Ki.

“Deal. Jung Shin, thank you so much. I owe you a lot”, Joong Ki said.

“Don’t mention it. You and Yonghwa saved my cousin when she was kidnapped and I owe you a lot for that, too”, Jung Shin replied.

“Thank you again, Jung Shin”, Joong Ki said as he cut the call.

“So we’re going back to Seoul for good?” Yonghwa asked…he arrived as Joong Ki and Jung Shin were busy talking at the phone and he heard everything.

“I guess we are”, Joong Ki replied.

“That’s good…I’m kind of missing South Korea for such a long time now”, Yonghwa said.

“Are you sure you won’t want to stay here in New York?” Joong Ki asked.

“Nah…let’s go back to Seoul. Who could tell? I might meet the woman whom I’ll love for the rest of my life in Seoul”, Yonghwa said as he remembered Shinhye’s angelic face.

The two went down from the rooftop to speak with their director about going back to Seoul.


Hi everyone! Thank you for all your support...love you all...