THE ONE WHO LOST AND THE ONE WHO GAINED…

THE TALE OF TWO SISTERS

TWO DAYS LATER….

Jessica was a bit uncomfortable as she was eying Joong Ki who was busy with some of the papers from NYPD.

“I can’t take it anymore! Why don’t you go to her, Joong Ki? Don’t you love her anymore?” Jessica asked irritatingly.

“Jessica, sweetheart, it would look bad on me if I would still go there besides someone already replaced me there”, Joong Ki replied as the gold band on his left hand…fourth finger shimerred in the light of the fluorescent. He again married Jessica two weeks after they arrived in New York.

“Joong Ki, please…I feel so guilty with what we did to her”, Jessica said as she cried.

“Stop it, Jessica”, Joong Ki said as he stood and went to their room. He sat on their bed and he raked his fingers to his hair. He felt as though he was already being a nuisance to every one. He left his best friend Yonghwa despite knowing his problems about Shinhye’s aunt, he terribly hurt Chae Won despite the fact that she loved him so much and most of all he was hurting Jessica because he was using her to forget another woman.

“I love you, Joong Ki. I love you so much…so please stop hurting yourself…please stop hurting us…please stop being so unreasonable”, Jessica said as tears fell from her eyes as she was standing leaning at the side of their bedroom door.

“I want to learn to love you, Jessica and I’ll make a life for us here. I’ll leave the past behind because I can never come back to the past despite how much I wanted too”, Joong Ki replied as he stood and embraced Jessica.

“Joong Ki, go to her…say goodbye properly. I will be here when you return just inform me if you changed your mind”, Jessica said.

Joong Ki nodded and the next day, he flew on a first flight going Seoul. He went straight to a hospital in Incheon where Chae Won and Shinhye were confined.

“Yonghwa, Si Hoo…” Joong Ki called on the two as he approached.

“Joong Ki…” the two chorally said.

“How are they?” Joong Ki asked.

“It was a miracle that they survived. Shinhye nearly lost our baby and Chae Won nearly died of blood lost”, Yonghwa said.

“Are they awake, already?” Joong Ki asked.

“Yeah…they are…” Si Hoo said as he noticed Joong Ki’s ring on his finger.

“You married Jessica again?” Shi Hoo asked.

Yonghwa looked at Joong Ki and his ring…

“How could you do that to Chae Won, Joong Ki?” Yonghwa asked.

“I’m sorry, Yonghwa. I want to see her and explain everything”, Joong Ki said as he left went to Chae Won’s room.

“Come in”, Chae Won said after hearing knocking on her door.

Joong Ki entered and he could see surprise in Chae Won’s face…

“Hi”, Joong Ki started.

“Hi”, Chae Won said as she smiled a little at him.

“I found out about everything and I wish to tell you how sorry am I for what happened…for how I accused you of something you didn’t do”, Joong Ki said apologetically.

“You hurt me so much, Joong Ki”, Chae Won said as she looked at him and noticed the gold ring on his finger.

“I’m a married man again, Chae Won. I married Jessica in New York”, Joong Ki said.

“How could you do this to me, Joong Ki? I loved you and even during the time that I was dying thought about you…but you…you married another woman?” Chae Won said angrily as tears started to fall.

“I’m sorry, Chae Won”, Joong Ki said.

“Don’t tell me how sorry you are, Joong Ki. You should have listened to me…you should have understood me because isn’t that what true love is? Yonghwa knew Shinhye’s secrets and he still accepted her but you…you trampled me like dirt beneath your shoes”, Chae Won said bitterly.

“I wish to undo everything but I couldn’t do it anymore…” Joong Ki said as he was lacking the right words to say.

“Joong Ki, please don’t leave me. We can make this work again”, Chae Won pleaded pitifully. She was begging and at that time she forgot about her pride just to win Joong Ki back...

“I’m sorry, Chae Won, we aren’t really meant to be. I just came here to say goodbye”, Joong Ki said.

“Joong Ki, Joong Ki…” Chae Won called out as she was reaching her hand to him but he left her as he went to the door tears also streamed from his eyes for he hurt the woman who loved him so much…

“Joong Ki, have you spoken to her?” Si Hoo asked as he came to stand beside him.

“Si Hoo, I leave her to you…I leave her to you…” Joong Ki said as he walked to the exit of the hospital without a backward glance.

Si Hoo entered Chae Won’s room and found her crying as though her heart was being rendered to pieces.

“Chae Won, please stop crying or you’ll wounds might bleed again”, Si Hoo caringly warned her as he sat on the side of the bed.

“Si Hoo, he left me already…he left me…!” Chae Won said bitterly as tears fell.

“Please, stop crying it will be bad for you”, Si Hoo said.

“Could you hold me? Could you please hold me? I feel so cold”, Chae Won requested and she was enveloped in the arms of Si Hoo who felt as though his own heart was breaking seeing such a woman who loved and sacrificed all her life lost what she then valued most...

A FEW MONTHS LATER…

Shinhye woke up in the middle of the night…a strong contraction hit her…

“Yonghwa, Yonghwa, I think the baby’s coming!” Shinhye called to her sleeping husband.

“W…What? The baby’s coming!” Yonghwa exclaimed in panic as he went up and without even changing to his shirt and jeans carried Shinhye down the stairs to his car wearing only his pajama set.

“It hurts!” Shinhye cried as another contraction hit her.

“Just breathe in and breathe out, baby. We’ll be at the hospital in no time”, Yonghwa said.

They arrived at the hospital 15 minutes later…and the doctor and nurses took Shinhye to the birthing room where she started laboring…

“Yonghwa, how’s Shinhye?” Chae Won arrived with Si Hoo.

“She’s inside giving birth…I don’t know what to do already”, Yonghwa said as he paced back and forth.

“Mr. Jung, your wife is requesting your presence inside”, the doctor said.

“Go inside”, Chae Won motioned to Yonghwa.

“Shinhye, dearest, how are you?” Yonghwa asked.

Shinhye did not say anything she just grabbed Yonghwa’s hand and held it on her own.

“Madam, just push more…I can see the head now”, the doctor said.

“Baby, just push more…push”, Yonghwa encouraged Shinhye.

“Ahhh….ahhhh…” Shinhye said as she screamed while pushing the baby.

A distinct sound of a crying baby rendered in the air as Shinhye’s head slowly fell on the pillow. She was exhausted but happy…

“Congratulations, Mr. Jung, it’s a healthy baby boy!” the doctor said.

“Yonghwa, we have a son”, Shinhye said happily.

“Thank you so much, baby, for giving me a son”, Yonghwa said as he kissed Shinhye’s forehead and embraced her.

“Yonghwa, how’s my sister?” Chae Won asked when Yonghwa came out.

“She’s fine, Chae Won, she gave me a son”, Yonghwa said…happiness reflected on his face.

“Congratulations!” both Chae Won and Si Hoo said happiness was also reflected on their faces.

A MONTH LATER…

The baby was christened as Jung Lee Won…he was a handsome baby boy who inherited his eyes and complexion from his mother and his nose and lips from his father. Everyone doted on him most of all, his sister, Ga In who was a proud sister to her baby brother.

“You look so happy, Shinhye”, Chae Won commented at the reception of Lee Won’s christening.

“I am, dear sister. I thought I would be losing Lee Won that time after we encountered those murderers but I’m so thankful that we were saved…we were all saved”, Shinhye said as she pressed her hand to Chae Won’s.

“Stay happy, Shinhye”, Chae Won said.

“You should; too, dear sister. After everything you had been through you deserve to be happy. Try to forget Joong Ki and start a new. You and Si Hoo have been closed after the incident when he helped you the night we were rescued”, Shinhye commented.

“We’re just friends…I’m tired of getting hurt again…first Il Woo, then Joong Ki…I don’t think I can take another heartache”, Chae Won replied.

“Chae Won, the things happening to us are just challenges which will make us stronger in life and in love. Try your best to trust again and believe again”, Shinhye said.

“Shinhye, could you take care of the bank for me? Since Yonghwa decided to leave the police force to take care of the Shipping business; could you take care of the bank for me?” Chae Won asked.

“Why? Where are you going?” Shinhye asked.

“I’ll leave for United Kingdom to start rebuilding myself…I’ll have my scar removed and start buying new things…I’ll burn all my black dresses and start a new…I’ll leave the past behind”, Chae Won said.

“Okay, if that’s what you want to do. I’ll take care of the bank for you. Take care of yourself abroad, Chae Won”, Shinhye said as she embraced her sister.

That night when Chae Won was at home packing her things…the buttler called her…

“Madam, a visitor is waiting for you at the garden”, the butler said.

Chae Won’s heart leaped up thinking that it might be Joong Ki but when she arrived she was surprised to see that it was Si Hoo…

“Good evening”, Si Hoo greeted her. He was carrying a bunch of red roses and violets for her.

“Si Hoo…” Chae Won said as she cradled the bouquet in her arms and smelled the flowers.

“I heard from Yonghwa that you’ll be leaving for United Kingdom two days from now…so I thought of giving you a parting gift since I think it might be a long time before we see each other again”, Si Hoo said.

“Why? Are you going back to New York?” Chae Won asked.

“No…I left the police force already…I guess it is time for me to take the helm of the perfume business that my family has here and in Paris. I neglected the business so much after I fulfilled my dreams of becoming a detective so this time I’m going to fulfill my family’s desire to have me back in the family business”, Si Hoo explained.

“You made the right decision, Si Hoo”, Chae Won said.

“Thank you…I’ll go ahead…I have to take care of the papers at home. Good luck to your trip to UK”, Si Hoo said.

“Si Hoo…” Chae Won called and Shi Hoo turned to face her.

“I’m just wondering if I could go to Paris with you and have my scar surgery there? Anyway, we’re really good friends and it will be nice to travel with a friend”, Chae Won said.

Si Hoo just smiled at her…”yeah…sure…I guess it will be really good to travel with a friend”, he said as he bowed and left ChaeShin Palace.

Chae Won just smiled as she smelled the flowers Si Hoo gave her…


Hi everyone! I'll upload the final chapter...thank you for those who are reading, subscribing and commenting on my story...