A QUESTION OF HAPPINESS…

THE TALE OF TWO SISTERS

Three days later, Chae Won and Shinhye were having their breakfast by the poolside.

“I don’t want to pry on your relationship with Joong Ki…but I’m worried about you, Chae Won”, Shinhye opened up before she sipped her black coffee.

Chae Won looked at Shinhye and smiled despite the sadness clouding her beautiful face. “Don’t worry about me…just stay happy with Yonghwa, okay? You’re my beloved sister and whatever happens…whatever I’ve been going through I’ll always be happy for you and will continue to support you”, Chae Won said as she held Shinhye’s hand and pressed it gently.

“Thank you very much, Chae Won”, Shinhye said with a smile.

“Let’s go…let’s go shopping. I’ll help you buy things you’ll need for the wedding”, Chae Won said changing the subject with a smile for her sister.

“Thank you, Chae Won”, Shinhye said.

“Anything for you, dear sister, anything for you”, Chae Won said as she stood and walked with Shinhye inside.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yonghwa and Joong Ki were also having their breakfast at Jung Mansion.

“I felt so happy…I can’t believe that I’m getting married again and this time I’ll do this right with the right person”, Yonghwa said his voice filled with excitement…thinking of the lifetime he would spend with Shinhye.

“Congratulations! You’re such a lucky man to find love with Shinhye”, Joong Ki said before he sipped his coffee and munched on his blue berry muffin.

“You were lucky, too, if only you’d hear Chae Won out. She was afraid at the time…she was afraid for her life and also for the life of Shinhye. You should understand her feelings, too, above everything else”, Yonghwa tried to reason out with Joong Ki.

“I loved my sister very much, Yonghwa. You know how much I loved my sister and Chae Won never gave me the chance to give my sister’s death the justice just because she was afraid?” Joong Ki tried to reason back.

“We’re just the same, Joong Ki. Heavens! I loved my father, too, but when I found out that Shinhye’s aunt killed him…I tried to see through Shinhye’s feelings. I imagined how difficult it had been to face her pains alone all those years…” Yonghwa said as he eyed Joong Ki warily.

“I don’t know, Yonghwa. Please, let us just drop the subject. I’m not in the mood to discuss my relationship with Chae Won at the moment”, Joong Ki evaded the subject as he continued to eat his breakfast.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chae Won and Shinhye decided to absent themselves from work and hopped from one department store to another. They bought pairs of pajamas, linens and beddings as well as naughtily designed lingeries.

“Oh my gosh! I don’t think I can wear that”, Shinhye said with a blush as she giggled when Chae Won got a black laced lingerie from the rack and fitted it to her.

“What? Why? You have a gorgeous figure so you just have to show it to Yonghwa and fulfill his dark seductive fantasy”, Chae Won teasingly said as she winked at Shinhye who blushed harder.

“Okay…okay…I’ll get it. Let’s go”, Shinhye said as she grabbed the laced lingerie and put inside their shopping basket.

“Wait…we’ll get another in red and pink”, Chae Won said as she followed Shinhye.

They even went to fit some shoes from the ladies section as well as gorgeously tailored blouses and skirts. It was already 6:00 in the evening when they went out of the department store carrying shopping bags from different clothing and shoe brands. They were so happy that they almost forgot for a while that people were after their lives.

“Heavens! I enjoyed a lot so much”, Chae Won said as they were walking towards an Italian restaurant.

“Me, too, it’s been so long since we did something like this. I feel so carefree at the moment”, Shinhye agreed with her sister.

“I hope we’ll stay like this forever…” Chae Won said as sadness clouded her smiling face.

“Don’t worry, Chae Won, I still believe that we can escape this particular dilemma as long as we help and support each other”, Shinhye said as she sat opposite Chae Won.

They ordered Italian spaghetti, some sausage and iced Americano. They were happily eating while talking about the motif of the wedding when someone spoke…

“Mind if we join you?” it was Yonghwa who smiled his sweetest to Shinhye. He was with Joong Ki who remained silent why eyeing Chae Won.

“Sure…join us”, Shinhye invited the two. Yonghwa sat beside Shinhye while Joong Ki silently occupied the seat next to Chae Won.

“What do you want to have?” Shinhye asked as she called the waiter to take the additional orders.

“I’ll just have some sausage, too; and, lasagna, a medium sized Hawaiian pizza and a tall glass of iced tea”, Yonghwa said.

“I’ll just have the same”, Joong Ki replied when the waiter asked for his order.

“Baby, it looks like you bought a lot”, Yonghwa commented seeing the number of shopping bags that they have.

“Yeah, Chae Won and I decided to unwind for a while ad we thought of reliving stress by means of shopping. How about the two of you? What are you doing here?” Shinhye asked.

“I bought a gift for you…for our wedding”, Yonghwa said a secretive smile.

“Really, baby, that’s wonderful! I can’t believe it…we’re getting married three days from now. Heavens! I always pinch myself because I can’t believe that we’re finally together”, Shinhye said happily as she looked at Yonghwa who smiled back and gently kissed her lips.

“I love you”, Yonghwa said emotionally.

“I love you, too, baby”, Shinhye replied.

After a while, the orders of Joong Ki and Yonghwa arrived and they proceeded to eat. Yonghwa and Shinhye continued to discuss their wedding plans while Joong Ki and Chae Won continued to eat awkwardly without even saying anything to each other.

“I was thinking that red or blue would be a beautiful motif. Actually, Chae Won and I will consult with the wedding planner tomorrow for the final decisions and suggestions before they finally set everything at the hotel. I already called the minister over the phone and I asked him if he would be available to officiate for our wedding and he agreed”, Shinhye said as she brought out her small checklist notebook and checked the items and showed them to Yonghwa.

“How about your maid of honor and bridesmaids?” Yonghwa asked as he munched on his pizza.

“Chae Won will be my maid of honor and two of my co-teachers and Dr. Park Min Young will be my bridesmaids. I already finished the list of guests and the invitations yesterday”, Shinhye replied.

“That’s good…I’ll have Joong Ki as my best man”, Yonghwa said to Joong Ki’s surprise.

“Yonghwa, I don’t think it will be a good idea”, Joong Ki said seriously.

“Why? You’ll be paired with Chae Won during the reception and it will be a good time to talk things out”, Yonghwa replied.

“I don’t think I can find the time for that kind of responsibility”, Joong Ki replied icily eyeing Yonghwa warily.

“Joong Ki…” Yonghwa and Shinhye chorally said surprised at what Joong Ki did and concerned for what Chae Won would have felt at that moment.

Chae Won just continued eating. She did not want to say anything or comment because she was feeling bitter and angry at the same time that she felt like crying and slapping Joong Ki for how he was acting at that moment.

“Excuse me…why don’t we leave you so that you can sort things out”, Shinhye said as she left the table as Yonghwa also stood and grabbed all the shopping bags and the two walked towards the exit of the restaurant.

“You don’t have to act like that, Joong Ki”, Chae Won said in a low voice.

“I’m just saying that I can’t do what Yonghwa and Shinhye are asking of me. I’m just being honest”, Joong Ki replied.

“I know that you’re angry at me but that’s not an excuse to be rude in front of your best friend and my sister”, Chae Won said as she looked up and eyed Joong Ki angrily.

“I’m sorry, Chae Won, I just can’t play the naïve in front of them as though nothing bad happened between the two of us”, Joong Ki said.

“Yeah…the great Song Joong Ki…trying to accuse me of being an accomplice to his sister’s death without understanding the situation I was in during that time”, Chae Won sarcastically said.

“This conversation isn’t going anywhere”, Joong Ki commented.

“Of course…it isn’t going anywhere so I’m going home now”, Chae Won said as she stood and grabbed her purse.

“I’ll drive you home”, Joong Ki said.

“No…thank you…you just stay here and keep yourself company. I’m tired of explaining to you anyway”, Chae Won said as she walked towards the exit of the restaurant.

Joong Ki stood and chased Chae Won outside in front of the restaurant.

“Don’t act as though you’re a victim here”, Joong Ki said.

“I don’t…because I know that I had never been a victim in your eyes. I’m an accomplice to your sister’s death, right? As though I wished for her to die or helped in making her drink that drug laced juice”, Chae Won defended herself in the same ascerbic tone that Joong Ki used.

“I felt so betrayed, Chae Won”, Joong Ki said.

“You felt so betrayed? Bloody hell! Compared to what I had been through what you’re feeling at the moment doesn’t signify at all”, Chae Won said as she opened the taxi’s passenger door and sat. She closed the door and did not spare Joong Ki a glance. As the taxi sped away, she let herself cried the tears she had been controlling for a while.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The day of the wedding came, the hotel was decorated beautifully with red roses and violets set in a blue motif. The hotel was filled with well wishers from the highest rungs of the society. Everyone was anticipating the wedding ceremony. Inside the private room for the bride…

“You look so beautiful, dearest”, Chae Won said as she standing behind Shinhye who was sitting on a stool in front of the mirror.

“Thank you, Chae Won. Thank you for always being there for me…for being my dear sister…for taking care of me and for not wearing black on my wedding day”, Shinhye said as her eyes misted with the mixture of happiness and gratitude for her elder sister who was wearing a long sleeved princess cut blue gown.

“I love you and you know that whatever happens I’ll always do everything for you because you’re a part of me. Take care of yourself and of your new family”, Chae Won said as tears fell from her eyes because her heart was overflowing with happiness for Shinhye’s future with Yonghwa.

“I love you, too, Chae Won. Whatever happens don’t hesitate to call, okay?” Shinhye said as she wiped her tears.

“Don’t cry, dearest, you’ll ruin your make up. You’re so pretty like mom”, Chae Won said as she brought out a box from a paper bag.

“What’s that?” Shinhye asked.

“Yonghwa’s gift for you”, Chae Won said as she showed Shinhye a tiara. It was a gold tiara set with precious stones like sapphire and emerald…a fit crown for any royal princess.

“It’s beautiful!” Shinhye exclaimed.

“I’ll hand this to Yonghwa after the ceremony and he’ll give this to you as a symbol of his love and affection aside from the wedding band”, Chae Won explained as she closed the box.

“Chae Won, I guess it’s already time for me to meet my groom”, Shinhye excitedly said as she smiled and went out of the private room followed by her sister.

The wedding started and Shinhye walked towards the make shift altar wearing a princess cut strapless gown that accentuate her tiny waist and fair complexioned skin. She was wearing a Belgian lace veil, her engagement ring and her drop earrings as her accessories. She was looking at Yonghwa who was handsome in his crisp white polo paired with his black tuxedo and black loafers.

“You look ravishingly beautiful, baby”, Yonghwa whispered which made Shinhye blush.

“Thank you. You look handsome, too”, Shinhye said as she looked behind at the guests and winked at Ga In who was sitting with Chae Won. Ga In in turn gave her a flying kiss.

“Everyone we are gathered here today to witness the joining of Jung Yonghwa and Park Shinhye in holy matrimony”, the minister started.

“Jung Yonghwa, do you accept Park Shinhye as your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to honor, love and cherish her in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer till death do you part?” the minister asked.

“I do”, Yonghwa replied.

“Park Shinhye, do you accept Jung Yonghwa as your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to honor, love and cherish him in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer till death do you part?” the minister asked Shinhye.

“I do”, Shinhye replied.

The ring bearer brought the ring to the minister.

“Shinhye, wear this ring as my sign of eternal love to you. I love you and only you for the rest of my life. Thank you for accepting me and Ga In in your life”, Yonghwa emotionally said as he put the ring on Shinhye’s ring finger on her left hand.

“Yonghwa, wear this ring as my sign of eternal love and devotion to you and only you. Thank you for your love…thank you for completing my life”, Shinhye emotionally said as too put the ring on Yonghwa’s ring finger on his left hand.

“By the power vested on me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride”, the minister said.

Yonghwa lifted Shinhye’s veil and held her face and kissed her lips passionately amidst the cheers and applause of everyone. After the kiss, Chae Won approached and opened the box where the tiara was. Yonghwa lifted the tiara and in front of everyone put the tiara on Shinhye’s head.

“Everyone, I present you my queen…the queen of my heart…the queen of my home…the queen of my life”, Yonghwa announced as he again kissed Shinhye passionately.

After their kisses, the minister announced to everyone…

“I now present you…Mr. and Mrs. Jung Yonghwa”, the minister happily said.

“Congratulations!” Chae Won approached Shinhye and Yonghwa.

“Thank you”, Yonghwa replied with his charming smile.

“Thank you, Chae Won”, Shinhye said as she happily leaned her head on Yonghwa’s shoulder.

Joong Ki also approached the two…in his arms was a beautiful woman…

“Congratulations! Yonghwa, Shinhye, I hope you’ll understand why I’m not your bestman. You see Jessica here called and asked me to pick her up from the airport”, Joong Ki said as he looked and smiled charmingly at Jessica who also smiled at him.

“Its okay, Joong Ki, anyway one of the executives in Park Shipping agreed to be my bestman. Have you introduced Jessica Jung to my bride and her sister?” Yonghwa asked.

“Yeah…sure…by the way, Shinhye, Chae Won, this is Jessica Jung my ex-wife but we’re still good friends so she decided to attend the wedding ceremony”, Joong Ki introduced Jessica.

“Hi, I’m Jessica, Joong Ki’s ex-wife but I hope that we’ll get the ex-wife thing if Joong Ki and I would be married again this time here in Korea”, Jessica said as she bowed shallowly in greeting.

“Please to meet you, Jessica”, Shinhye said as she bowed shallowly.

“Delighted to meet you, Jessica”, Chae Won said as she too bowed shallowly.

“Thank you”, Jessica said.

“Yonghwa, I guess I and Jessica will go ahead at the reception”, Joong Ki said as he turned his back and held hands with Jessica who gracefully walked with him outside the wedding venue.

“Chae Won, are you okay?” Shinhye asked concernedly.

“Of course, I’m okay”, Chae Won replied with a smile although her heart felt like bleeding at what Joong Ki did. She realized that Joong Ki’s actions and his lack of understanding on her situation only showed her that she was wrong in trusting a man again because she was someone really unfortunate in love.


Hi everyone! I'm sorry for not updating these past few days i had been so busy writing the chapter 4 of my thesis for graduate studies and so I decided to have here a long chapter to make up for the days i hadn't been able to update. Thank you very much for supporting my fanfic...for reading, subscribing and commenting on my story. Love you all so much...