THE TEST OF COURAGE...

THE TALE OF TWO SISTERS

Two months passed and still no move from the people who were terrifying them and at that time the sisters thought tried to let go of their guard and live a normal life…

“Good morning, baby”, Yonghwa said as he went to the kitchen that morning. He gave a kiss on Shinhye’s lips.

“Good morning, sit down and I’ll prepare your coffee”, Shinhye said.

“Is Ga In awake already?” Yonghwa asked as he got two pancakes and put them on his platter and spread butter and poured some maple syrup on them.

Shinhye was about to reply on Yonghwa’s question when she felt her stomach heaved violently. She suddeny went to the sink and vomited…

“Hey, are you okay?” Yonghwa worriedly asked as he ran his hand gently on her back to ease her while vomiting.

“I don’t know…it’s been like this for around two weeks now. I’ll smell something then I’ll immediately feel nauseated then I’ll start vomiting”, Shinhye replied.

“Have consulted with the doctor?” Yonghwa asked as he handed Shinhye a glass of water to rinse .

“Not yet; but, I’ll consult with the doctor this afternoon after school”, Shinhye replied.

“I’ll go with you”, Yonghwa said.

“Okay, thank you, baby”, Shinhye said with a smile as she gently wiped with Yonghwa’s handkerchief.

“Be careful when you’re in school, okay?” Yonghwa said.

“Yes, I will”, Shinhye said.

“Mommy, let’s go”, Ga In said as she went downstairs and called on Shinhye.

“Wait, Ga In, I’ll just brush my teeth. Just wait for me at the living room”, Shinhye replied as she grabbed her brush and started brushing her teeth.

After she brushed her teeth, she retouched her make up…kissed Yonghwa and went to her car with Ga In. They arrived earlier at the school and Shinhye decided to fix her visual materials when she felt as though the entire place was spinning…

“Mommy, are you okay?” Ga In asked when she noticed Shinhye clutched at the side of the teacher’s table for support.

“I feel dizzy all of a sudden”, Shinhye replied as she felt as though she was floating then she fell slowly on the floor…the world went black and the last thing she heard was Ga In calling for help.

After almost two hours, Shinhye woke up and saw a very worried Yonghwa looking at her. Beside her was also Ga In who was looking sadly at her as though she just came from crying.

“Yonghwa, why are you here?” Shinhye asked as she tried to sit up.

“Don’t get up…you need to rest. Ga In asked for help when you fainted at the classroom. Then, the directress called at the station to tell me what happened so I rushed here to check on you”, Yonghwa replied as he held Shinhye’s hand to him.

“Mommy, are you still feeling dizzy?” Ga In worriedly asked.

“No, little angel, mommy’s already well because you and daddy are already here”, Shinhye said soothing Ga In’s worries.

The doctor came inside the room…a broad smile on her face.

“Detective Jung, there’s nothing to worry about…you’re wife is just pregnant with your baby”, the doctor informed them.

“Pregnant? Baby, you’re pregnant!” Yonghwa exclaimed happily…his face glowed with excitement as he looked at Shinhye.

“Really! Baby, I’m so happy…a baby…I’m carrying your baby”, Shinhye said excitedly as happy tears fell from her eyes.

“Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Jung”, the doctor said.

“Thank you, doc”, Yonghwa said as he embraced Shinhye.

“Ga In, you’re going to have a baby brother or a baby sister”, Shinhye said as she looked at Ga In.

“Really, mommy? I so excited already”, Ga In said as she embraced Shinhye.

“We’re all very happy to welcome him or her in this family”, Yonghwa said as he embraced his daughter and Shinhye and kissed their foreheads.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chae Won was at the bank that morning, she was reading the papers for the loan application submitted to her when she received a call from Shinhye…

“Hi, dearest”, Chae Won answered.

“Chae Won, I’m so happy…so happy”, Shinhye said.

“Why? Is there good news?” Chae Won asked as she smiled hearing the happiness reflected in her sister’s voice.

“Chae Won, I’m pregnant with Yonghwa’s child”, Shinhye happily said.

“Really! Congratulations, dearest, I’m so happy for you. Where are you now? Do you want me to come over?” Chae Won excitedly asked.

“I’m at home right now and Yonghwa is very much spoiling me like a queen ever since he found out this morning that I’m pregnant”, Shinhye replied.

“Okay, I’ll go there, dearest”, Chae Won said as she cut the call and called on her personal secretary, Hong Soo Hyun.

“Yes, Madam”, Soo Hyun asked.

“Cancel all my appointments for the rest of the day. I have to visit my sister”, Chae Won said as she grabbed her purse and her car keys.

“What happened? Is she sick?” Soo Hyun asked worriedly.

“No…she’s pregnant”, Chae Won replied as she went to the door and left.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That evening, Il Woo, his sister and Si Yeon were having dinner at Il Woo’s apartment.

“Pregnant? Shinhye’s pregnant?” Si Yeon asked surprised.

“Yes, she is”, Il Woo’s sister confirmed.

“Where did you hear that?” Si Yeon asked.

“Around the office of Moon Bank”, Il Woo’s sister replied.

“Very good job, dear sister”, Il Woo said.

“Thank you, oppa”, his sister said.

“We’ll attack them three months from now so that like Chae Won, Shinhye will also loose her child”, Il Woo said with a sinister smile.

“Cheers!” Si Yeon said as she raised her wine glass.

“Cheers!” Il Woo’s sister seconded as she too raised her wine glass.

For that night, the three celebrated the fact that they would use Shinhye’s baby to attack Shinhye and her sister.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That night, too, Joong Ki visited Jung Mansion to personally congratulate Yonghwa and Shinhye.

“Yonghwa, congratulations!” Joong Ki happily said as he gave Yonghwa a brotherly hug.

“Thank you, Joong Ki. Do you want to see Shinhye?” Yonghwa asked.

“Sure…I also want to congratulate her personally”, Joong Ki agreed as he ascended the stairs with Yonghwa.

They entered the master’s bedroom and they saw Shinhye who smiled at them as well as Chae Won who stopped talking when she saw Joong Ki.

“Good evening, I didn’t know that you’re sister’s here. I just want to personally congratulate you, Shinhye. I’ll leave now”, Joong Ki said as he avoided looking at Chae Won.

Joong Ki bowed shallowly and turned his back and went to the door and left. Chae Won stood and followed Joong Ki as he reached the bottom of the stairs.

“Joong Ki…” Chae Won called.

Joong Ki stopped but he did not turn around to look at Chae Won.

“Joong Ki, how much more are you going to hurt me? How much more are you going to blame me for something that I didn’t do?” Chae Won asked.

“Chae Won, I’m sorry for what happened to the two of us but I can’t come back to the past anymore. I can’t come back to where we originally started”, Joong Ki said as he tried to stifle tears from falling from his eyes.

“I’m sorry too, Joong Ki, I’m sorry for what happened to both of us; but, the thing that hurt me most is that I fell in loved with you so much that I thought you’re love was stronger than anything…that it would withstand whatever happened to me in the past; but, I was wrong”, Chae Won said as tears fell from her eyes.

“I’m sorry, Chae Won”, Joong Ki said.

“I hope for your happiness, Joong Ki. I wish you’ll be happy eventhough not with me. Goodbye, Joong Ki; and, thank you for making me happy even for such a short period of time”, Chae Won said as she turned her back and ascended the grandstaircase.

Joong Ki felt as though his heart stopped when he heard the finality of goodbye in Chae Won’s voice. He then turned around and saw Chae Won ascending the stairs. He wanted to call her but pride stopped him and he left the Jung Mansion with his heart tattered but his pride intact.


Hi everyone! Thank you for reading, subscribing, voting and commenting on my story. Please, stay tune...five chapters to go before the end of The Tale of Two Sisters. Please, feel free to leave your comments and opinions...they inspire me so much to write...again thank you.