MY LIFE FOR YOURS…

THE TALE OF TWO SISTERS

Shinhye’s phone rang and she immediately answered the call. The detectives prepared themselves to track down the call…

“Hello”, Shinhye said.

“Hi, Shinhye, I have someone here who wants to speak with you”, Min Young said.

“Ga In, Ga In…” Shinhye said.

“Shinhye, it’s me…it’s Chae Won”, Chae Won said.

“What happened to you?” Shinhye asked as her worry increased tenfold.

“Soo Hyun tricked me…she was in cahoots with them”, Chae Won said.

“Try saying more and I’ll shoot you”, Min Young said as she pointed the barrel of the gun to Chae Won’s side.

Chae Won closed her eyes when she thought of something…

“Shinhye, do you remember when we were younger…you worked for a grocery and I worked for a diner. We lived in a ramshackled house with bug down heater…I love you dear sister…I love you so much”, Chae Won said as she cried.

“Chae Won, Chae Won…” Shinhye called but the call was already cut.

“What’s with the remiscing part, huh?” Min Young asked.

“I just wanted to tell my sister about our youth and how much I love her, is that bad?” Chae Won asked.

“Let’s go back to the hideout”, Tae Hoon said as he started to drive back to Incheon.

At the Jung Mansion…

“Have you tracked down the call, Shi Hoo?” Yonghwa asked as he saw Shinhye sat on the chair feeling so weak and defeated. Park Shi Hoo was another detective who replaced Joong Ki who left South Korea three months ago after he parted ways with Chae Won.

“No…but it’s possible that they made the call here in Seoul but since they are in I guess a moving vehicle it was difficult to pin point their exact location”, Shi Hoo replied.

“Here in Seoul…but where the hell here in Seoul?” Yonghwa asked as he raked his fingers through his hair.

Shinhye cried as she heard that the call was not tracked down.

“Shinhye, let’s go upstairs you need to rest or you might loose the baby”, Yonghwa said.

Shinhye wanted to protest but Yonghwa decided to carry her to their bedroom where he laid her to bed and covered her with blankets but even with the thick blankets…Shinhye felt cold deep inside.

At the hideout in Incheon…

“You won’t escape this one, Tae Hoon, you’ll pay! I swear you’ll pay!” Chae Won said in a low voice.

“Shut the hell up!” Tae Hoon said as he slapped Chae Won hard and she fell on the floor. She tasted blood from her broken lip…

Shinhye was lying on the bed that night when she analyzed what Chae Won told her during the call…and she arrived with a conclusion…

“Yonghwa, Yonghwa, I now where they took my sister and our child”, Shinhye said as she descended the stairs.

“Where?” Yonghwa asked.

“To Incheon…Chae Won reminded me of our lives when we were younger because they were in Incheon…in the area further than the main of the city. In a secluded area…you can pass the ramashakled house where we used to leave when we were younger before getting in that secluded area. There is a small abandoned house in that area”, Shinhye narrated.

“That’s wise thinking for your sister. We’ll go there right away”, Yonghwa said.

“Wait, let’s plan first and I think you’ll need my help to trap them”, Shinhye said.

“What do you mean?” Yonghwa asked.

“I’ll go there alone but you have to follow and monitor their movements before you make a surprise attack”, Shinhye said.

“Okay, tomorrow night we’ll make our move”, Shi Hoo agreed.

“But the baby, Shinhye”, Yonghwa worriedly said.

“I’ll take care that nothing will happen to the baby”, Shinhye said.

Yonghwa just nodded although he was not in favor with the plan…

The next night…Shinhye travelled to Incheon in her car and tracked down the place. She went out of the car when she reached the area. Her car was being followed by Yonghwa’s team.

“Si Yeon, I’m here now. Let go of my sister and my daughter”, Shinhye called out.

She was more surprised when the house opened and came out not Si Yeon but Min Young followed by Tae Hoon.

“You? It can’t be!” Shinhye muttered.

“Same reaction…just like her sister’s”, Min Young said as she pointed the gun at Shinhye while Tae Hoon came with a rope and tied Shinhye’s wrist at the back and moved her inside the house.

“Shinhye, what are you doing here?” Chae Won asked worriedly.

“Mommy, Mommy”, Ga In called.

“Are the two of you hurt?” Shinhye asked.

“No…they maltreated us with their filthy words but that’s all”, Chae Won said.

“Min Young? How come?” Shinhye said as she sat on the floor.

“I’m Si Yeon’s bastard daughter and I’m just here to avenge the death of my mother. Because of you, she died. If only you died, then I would have been the heiress not you!” Min Young angrily said.

“And you…I thought that you’re already dead”, Shinhye asked angrily at Tae Hoon.

“He isn’t Il Woo he just stole Il Woo’s face. He is Tae Hoon Il Woo’s half brother…a drug dependent surgeon whom he also killed helped him change faces”, Chae Won explained.

“And Soo Hyun…I thought she’s on to this?” Shinhye asked.

“Yeah, she just bought something outside but she’s on to this since she was sister to Tae Hoon and Il Woo…that snake whom I trusted”, Chae Won replied.

“Don’t worry…after tonight the three of you will already feel nothing because you’ll die. I’ll kill you after we had eaten our dinner”, Tae Hoon said as he turned his back and called in Min Young to prepare the table at the dining area.

“Shinhye, we need to escape here”, Chae Won said.

“How? We’re tied”, Shinhye told her sister.

Chae Won discreetly showed Shinhye her bloodied wrist and the nearly undone rope.

“I’ll work on this for a while and when I’m already free I’ll free you and Ga In, too”, Chae Won said.

After a while, Chae Won managed to free herself but she pretended that she was still tied. While Soo Hyun came back from buying dinner but before she sounded the alarm, Yonghwa and Shi Hoo already grabbed her and gagged and put handcuffs on her wrist.

“Let’s go…move”, Yonghwa said as they crept in the shadows near the house.

Shi Hoo grabbed a stone and threw it to the window shattering the glass…

“What’s that?” Tae Hoon asked surprised.

Min Young immediately ran to the shattered window and looked outside when she suddenly fell on the floor with bullets on her heart as Shi Hoo shot her. Chae Won on the other hand took advantage of the situation and freed her sister.

“You brought the police here, !” Tae Hoon shouted as he leveled his gun to Shinhye but before he managed the trigger…Chae Won jumped at him and they wrestled with the gun.

“Shinhye, hurry, grab Ga In and run!” Chae Won said as she continued to wrestle with Tae Hoon.

Shinhye grabbed Ga In but she also saw the gun that fell from Min Young who was shot dead. She grabbed the gun and as she was about to go when she heard a shot.

“No! No! Chae Won!” Shinhye shouted as she saw her sister fell on the ground. Chae Won was shot by Tae Hoon in the stomach. Tae Hoon even fired another shot at Chae Won’s stomach before he leveled his gun to Shinhye who was also pointing a gun to him.

“You cannot kill me, Shinhye. You cannot do it!” Tae Hoon said.

Shinhye looked at Tae Hoon and they both fired at the same time. Shinhye dodged the bullet but her shot also missed Tae Hoon who laughed as he continued to level the gun to Shinhye. Shinhye felt that all hope was gone as she lost a grip on the gun she was holding and it fell on the floor.

“Don’t try to retrieve it, Shinhye or I’ll shot you and your daughter!” Tae Hoon warningly said.

“Please, spare my daughter…please…”Shinhye pleaded as she embraced Ga In tightly ready to feel the bullet coming at her.

Yonghwa crept at the door with Shi Hoo and Chae Won in her blurring vision saw them. She decided to make another sacrifice for her sister…she grabbed Tae Hoon’s leg so Tae Hoon’s attention was again focused on her.

“Let me go, !” Tae Hoon said as he leveled the gun that time again to Chae Won. Yonghwa saw the opportunity and without thinking twice shot Tae Hoon thrice…one on the head and two at the heart. Tae Hoon slowly went on the floor dead…

“Chae Won, Chae Won”, Shinhye called at her sister who laid convulsing on the floor because of pain and nearing lost of blood. She gave Ga In to Yonghwa as she went to Chae Won’s side. Shi Hoo took off his jacket and tried to use it to staunch the bleeding.

“I love you, dear sister, whatever happens remember that”, Chae Won said as she smiled to her sister.  

“No, you’ll survive. I won’t let you die”, Shinhye cried as she also used her cotton sweater to control the bleeding.

“Mrs. Jung, the ambulance is already here…I’ll bring Ms. Moon outside to the ambulance”, Shi Hoo politely said as he carried Chae Won in his arms.

“Who are you?” Chae Won asked groggily.

“I’m Park Shi Hoo, Ms. Moon. I’m with Yonghwa’s team”, Shi Hoo replied as he put her on the stretcher.

“Where is Joong Ki?” Chae Won asked.

“He left for New York already with his ex-wife, Jessica Jung three months ago. I replaced him two weeks after he left”, Shi Hoo replied.

“Did he know that I was in danger tonight?” Chae Won asked as the stretcher was already put inside the ambulance.

“We informed him yesterday but up to now he isn’t returning our calls”, Shi Hoo sadly informed Chae Won.

Tears fell from Chae Won’s eyes as she knew that Joong Ki really abandoned her already. She felt so alone…her heart in tatters…

“Can I ask you a favor, Detective Park?” Chae Won asked Shi Hoo.

“Yes, what is it?” Shi Hoo asked.

“Please, stay with me. I feel so alone and I think I’m already dying. Please, hold my hand…I’m afraid to die without someone holding my hand”, Chae Won said as she weakly raised her hand towards Shi Hoo.

Shi Hoo felt his eyes watered with tears. He knew the secrets of this woman and he felt his heart broke because of the pain she endured in her life…

“Detective Park, you’ve been looking at my sister’s picture for a long time now”, Shinhye commented when she caught him staring at Chae Won’s picture the first time he arrived at the Jung Mansion to help Yonghwa after Ga In was kidnapped.

“She was breathtakingly beautiful. I wondered why Joong Ki decided to give her up for Jessica”, Shi Hoo replied.

“I don’t understand Joong Ki myself. You know what? My sister and I lived a painful existence all our lives”, Shinhye started.

Shi Hoo looked at Shinhye curiously.

“We were very poor before we met our real fathers and inherited wealth. When I was young I killed my aunt who was trying to sell me at the triad…as she also killed my father. My sister mistakenly married a sadist who tried to kill her but she managed to kill him in Aomori. She was the sole witness to the death of Joong Ki’s sister and when Joong Ki found it out he lashed out at my sister as though it was her fault. We were afraid at that time for our lives so we couldn’t do anything”, Shinhye narrated as tears fell on her eyes and Yonghwa came to embrace her.

“I understand the situation, Mrs. Jung. I understand why you did it and I understand why your sister kept the secret of Joong Ki’s sister’s death…if I were your sister I would have done the same to keep surviving. If I was Joong Ki, I would have understood what your sister had been through”, Shi Hoo said sincerely.

“Detective Park, I hope that when you meet my sister…please be kind to her…she had been through so much and she is one of the kindest and caring persons…please be kind to her”, Shinhye said as tears continued to stream from her eyes.

“I will, Mrs. Jung, I will be kind to her”, Shi Hoo replied.

Shi Hoo continued to hold Chae Won’s hand as his thoughts returned to the present.

“I’ll be kind to you…I’ll be kind to you”, Shi Hoo said still holding Chae Won’s hand as he followed the medics who pushed the stretcher towards the operating room.

Shinhye on the other hand was carried to the emergency room as the doctor and the nurses busily helped each other to save Shinhye’s baby after she bled as a result of trauma and stress.

“Please…Yonghwa tell them to save our baby…” Shinhye pleaded.

“I will, Shinhye, I will…” Yonghwa replied as tears came to his eyes.

For that night…their enemies had been vanquished but their lives were still in danger…


Hi everyone! Thank you for all your support...for reading, subscibing and commenting on my story. Actually, I felt heartbroken for these two sisters while I am writing this story. I just realized that in writing this story, I had no control over the characters particularly with Chae Won's character since with Shinhye's I always know for a fact that she'd end up with Yonghwa; but, as for Chae Won's who endured the hardship of being married to Il Woo's character then abandoned by Joong Ki...I was thinking with all the hurt she endured could she still find happiness? I really wanted her to be happy but since I too do not have a complete control with Joong Ki's character...his knight in shining armor turned egotistic character, I do not know if i could end this story as it is expected by everyone. If Chae Won's part here in this story do not end up as it should be...this author would like to apologize from the bottom of her heart. I still hope I could make a fairytale ending but sometimes fairytale endings are not always what we could write for certain characters and certain circumstances especially since The Tale of Two Sisters is more of a compare and contrast between two sisters who endured too much sufferings in their lives. Again, thank you very much.... I hope you'll stay tune until the end...I guess there will just be two chapters more to go before the end.