THE REIGN OF TERROR BEGAN…

THE TALE OF TWO SISTERS

Chae Won woke up that morning she fixed herself and went to eat her breakfast with Shinhye at the poolside of their mansion.

“Good morning”, Shinhye greeted her sister.

“Good morning, dearest”, Chae Won replied as she sat across Shinhye.

They both looked haggard and evidence that they were not able to sleep well the night before.

“I’m afraid, Chae Won”, Shinhye started before she sipped her coffee.

“I’m afraid, too, Shinhye”, Chae Won replied as she too sipped her coffee.

“I want to tell Yonghwa everything…I want him to protect me from everything…from Si Yeon…from my fears”, Shinhye said in a low voice.

“Yeah…me too I want to tell Joong Ki everything; but, if I did I also have to tell him that I’m the sole witness who saw his elder sister’s death. I saw his sister being killed and Joong Ki had been looking for a witness for such a long time and I denied him that”, Chae Won said as she put her face in her palms.

“Chae Won, what are we to do now?” Shinhye asked.

“We wait and stay alert and watch out for the enemy”, Chae Won replied trying to be brave.

Shinhye slowly nodded her agreement as they both continued to eat silently…when a servant came carrying a pink rectangular box.

“Madam, someone asked me to give this to you”, the servant handed the parcel to Chae Won.

Chae Won opened the box…only to be horrified when she saw the knife she used to kill Il Woo inside the box. It contained a note…

“For my beloved wife who murdered me…” the note said.

The box fell from Chae Won’s grasped and the knife hit the ground with a thud.

“No…no…” Chae Won said in a horrified gasp with her fingers covering .

“What is it?” Shinhye asked as she went to get the note.

“Heavens! It’s from him! Il Woo’s really alive!” Shinhye said in a horrified voice.

“Who gave this to you?” Chae Won asked the servant afterwards.

“Someone gave it to me but I could not remember his face because he was wearing a cap and he immediately left after handing this to me”, the servant replied.

“Chae Won, please, get a hold of yourself. Please…” Shinhye said as she opened the cap of valium and handed a tablet to Chae Won who immediately swallowed it.

“Okay, let’s calm down”, Chae Won agreed as she breathed in and breathed out.

Chae Won went to her office while Shinhye went to school. Chae Won arrived at her office at Moon Bank.

“Good morning, madam. How’s the party?” Soo Hyun asked.

“Ah…it’s okay”, Chae Won replied as she would not want to elaborate further. She walked in her office and saw Joong Ki looking out at the window.

“Joong Ki…about last night…I’m sorry”, Chae Won said.

“When did you start taking up valium?” Joong Ki asked without looking at her.

“Two years ago…after Il Woo’s death”, Chae Won replied.

“Why?” Joong Ki asked as he looked at her.

“What do you mean why?” Chae Won asked.

“You can’t keep this from me forever, darling, I’ll find out sooner or later”, Joong Ki said as he approached Chae Won and kissed her before he silently left the room.

Chae Won fell on the carpeted floor and cried knowing how much her heart longed to tell Joong Ki the truth but unable to let him see her as a murderess that she was.

“Good morning, Teacher Shinhye”, Ga In said as she kissed Shinhye’s cheek.

“Good morning, dearest”, Shinhye said.

“Hi, good morning”, Yonghwa greeted Shinhye with his charming smile which caused Shinhye to blush.

“I’ll pick the two of you after class”, Yonghwa said as he kissed Shinhye’s cheek.

Shinhye happily led Ga In inside the classroom and started with the lesson. She temporarily forgot her problems for a while. She was so happy as she watched the children enjoy themselves during playtime when she noticed that Ga In was missing…

“Where’s Ga In?” Shinhye asked one of her students. Her heart beat faster…

“She was just there…” the classmate pointed at the swing which was then already vacant.

Shinhye was starting to get nervous but she became more when her phone rang.

“Hello”, Shinhye answered.

“You’re looking for your daughter…she’s here with me, Shinhye. She’s such a cute little girl…so adorable…I want to slit ”, the voice of a woman said.

“Si Yeon, I’m warning you if you ever touched a hair on Ga In’s head…!” Shinhye said in an low voice laced with anger.

“I’m…so…afraid…” Si Yeon pretended to shudder as she laughed and cut the call.

Shinhye was already panicking…she went around the playground…she was so afraid for Ga In. At the nearby trees on the secluded part of the ground she heard someone call her…

“Mommy, mommy”, Ga In called as she was running towards her.

“What are you doing there?” Shinhye asked worriedly as she embraced Ga In tightly.

“Someone…a woman wearing a black hood and jacket gave this to me”, Ga In said as she handed an angel figurine to Shinhye.

“What does she looked like? Have you seen her face?” Shinhye asked.

“Nope, she was also wearing sunglasses”, Ga In replied.

“Next time don’t go with strangers, okay?” Shinhye said.

“But she called me and said that she wanted me to give you something, mommy”, Ga In said.

“Please, dearest, next time don’t ever go with a stranger not even for any reason, okay?” Shinhye said.

“Yes, mommy”, Ga In said as she also nodded and ran back to her classmates leaving Shinhye with the angel figurine.

There was a small paper in the small hole at the bottom of the figurine. She unrolled it and read.

“I’ll kill you and I’ll kill your beloved child and Yonghwa, too. Beware…angel of death because another angel of death will come to get you”, the note said.

Shinhye paled and her hands trembled…she realized that her and Chae Won’s enemies came back and they came back to destroy them and everything they held dear.


Hi everyone! Thank you for all your support...for reading, subscribing and commenting on my story. Please, let me know your thoughts and opinion if I'm doing a satisfactory job in writing my story. Please, inspire me more by leaving your comments. Thank you and love you all...