THE SECRET OF THE BLACK WIDOW…

THE TALE OF TWO SISTERS

They said that ones the memories started to flow like water it would be next to impossible to seal them back. The same went with Chae Won as she continued to wail for her lost innocence…for her lost belief in love and salvation.

“Chae Won, you have divorce him. It doesn’t matter anymore what other people will say about you. If you loved yourself and your baby; you have to divorce Il Woo”, Shinhye gently told her elder sister.

“I planned to, Shinhye; for such a long time now…I planned to divorce him but would it be right for me to take his right as father to our child?” Chae Won asked looking forlornly at the wall…her eyes misted.

“He’s been here for a month now trying to send you flowers, chocolates and nonsense gifts as if you would still believe him after he turned you into a punching bag for around 10 months”, Shinhye sarcastically commented as she threw one heart-shaped card at the trash bin.

“Shinhye, he called me. He said he wanted to reconcile with me and he planned a special vacation for the two of us at Aomori, Japan at the vacation house given to me by my father”, Chae Won informed Shinhye.

“You’re not seriously thinking of going with him, are you?” Shinhye stopped scanning the cheesy contents of one of the cards sent by Il Woo to Chae Won.

“I guess…I’ll give him the last chance…the final chance, Shinhye”, Chae Won replied while Shinhye just continued to stare at her sister as though Chae Won suddenly sprouted horns and fangs.

“Oh…crap! You can’t possibly believe that!” Shinhye irritatingly said as she exhaled upwards and rolled her eyes.

“I know…I know…I completely lost my senses. But it won’t be the end of the world to give him a second chance, right?” Chae Won replied.

“Okay…okay…I know you’ve completely lost your senses but what am I to do if you already decided to reconcile with him and come with him to a vacation at Aomori. Just be careful…just be extra careful especially with your condition”, Shinhye said as she embraced her sister.

“Thank you for always being there, Shinhye”, Chae Won said her eyes sparkling with love and hope.

“Everything and anything to make you happy”, Shinhye said.

“Let’s go eat downstairs. These past few days, I realized that I’m always starving”, Chae Won said excitedly as she touched her still flat tummy.

“It’s just a month since we found out your pregnant…but I realized, too, that you’re eating now for two people. I’m totally excited for the baby”, Shinhye said with laughter in her eyes.

The two went downstairs to eat their dinner. Shinhye even sliced fresh fruits for her sister to eat as they both shared their day. They were so happy that night…they even had fun packing Chae Won’s clothes for the vacation.

“What would you like me to bring you when I come back?” Chae Won asked.

“Just come home safe and sound…it’s enough for me”, Shinhye simply said.

The next day, Il Woo came to pick up her wife. He smiled at the sisters as he loaded Chae Won’s bag at the compartment of his black Hummer.

“I’d be going now, dearest”, Chae Won said with a beautiful smile as she embraced her sister.

Shinhye had never been that superstitious in her life…but at that moment she embraced her sister tightly as though she never wanted to let her go. Her heart suddenly raced fast…she suddenly felt nervous.

“Take care of yourself. Don’t skip meals and try to sleep early”, Shinhye reminded her sister after their embrace.

“Yes, dearest, good bye”, Chae Won said.

Shinhye’s heart beat a little faster…as she saw her sister entered the passenger seat of the Hummer. Chae Won waved from the window and Shinhye felt that something was not going to be right.

“This is bad! This is really bad!” Shinhye muttered to herself.

The flight to Aomori, Japan and the travel towards the private vacation house was uneventful. Chae Won slept at the majority of the travel because she easily got tired because of her condition.

“Chae Won, wake up. We’re here”, Il Woo said.

“Okay”, Chae Won said as she took off her seatbelt and went out of the car they rented since Il Woo decided to leave his Hummer for safekeeping at the airport.

“Whoa! This is so beautiful! The air is so fresh”, Chae Won happily said as she closed her eyes and spread her arms feeling the gentle wafting of the cold but refreshing air to her face.

“Let’s go inside”, Il Woo said as he carried their luggage inside.

Chae Won went inside the vacation house. The house’s interior and exterior were made of polished wood and the furniture and everything inside radiated a cozy, homey feeling.

“You may rest upstairs, wife. I’ll take care of everything. I’ll just wake you up when it’s dinner already”, Il Woo said in a gentle voice as he moved to embrace Chae Won and kissed the top of her head.

“Okay. Thank you so much, husband”, Chae Won said with a beatific smile as she ascended the four steps stairs to the second floor of the house.

Chae Won slept peacefully on the queen sized bed that she did not notice Il Woo standing beside the bed looking intently at her.

“I’m so sorry, wife; but, you really have to die now. I have to end it now”, Il Woo whispered as he touched Chae Won’s cheek gently.

“Uhmm…is it time to eat already?” Chae Won asked as she opened her eyes and smiled innocently at her husband.

“Yes, let’s go downstairs”, Il Woo said.

Chae Won changed to a white night gown before she went downstairs. She saw a table set at the living room. It was a candle lit dinner…the entire living room glowed with the lights from the candles set on the floor and the furniture. It was beautiful and cozy and she felt like a princess.

“Did you like it?” Il Woo asked as he gave her a back hug.

“This is magical!” Chae Won replied…her eyes misting with tears.

“Let’s dance first before we eat”, Il Woo said as he pressed the player and a soft, slow and sweet song played at the background.

“This is so sweet, husband”, Chae Won said…her face glowed with happiness.

“May I have this dance, wife?” Il Woo said at Chae Won’s nod…he took her in his arms and they started to dance.

Shinhye on the other hand was on her way to Japan…she felt that something bad would happen and she could not stay at home to wait.

“Hurry! I hope I can reach Chae Won on time!” Shinhye prayed hoping that her sister would remain safe until she arrived.

The couple continued to dance…Il Woo decided to give Chae Won a back hug while they continued their sway to the soft music.

“This is so splendid…thank you so much”, Chae Won said…her eyes closed…her body leaning on Il Woo’s. She just did not notice the flash of insanity on Il Woo’s eyes as he took off a piece of broad, white silk ribbon from his pocket and gently looped it to Chae Won’s neck.

“What’s this?”Chae Won asked as she suddenly opened her eyes as she felt the ribbon on her neck.

“I’m going to kill you, wife. I’m just so glad I gave you happiness before you die”, Il Woo muttered as he tightened the ribbon around Chae Won’s neck.

“Ahhh, s…s…stop i…i…it” Chae Won gasped as the silk ribbon continued to tighten.

“You have to die, wife. When you die…I’ll finally get all your properties; the mansion…the bank. I’ll be so rich!” Il Woo said as he continued to tighten the ribbon.

Chae Won struggled to hold the ribbon to prevent it from tightening more and suffocating her while she was thinking of what to do.

“I can’t die here. Shinhye’s right…this is all a ploy. What am I to do now?” Chae Won silently asked herself.

Chae Won kicked Il Woo but since he was positioned behind her she could not aim a good kick at him while he was maniacally laughing at her struggles.

“You can’t fight me! You can’t!” Il Woo harshly said.

“I can! I can!” Chae Won repeatedly told herself as she elbowed him to his side and stepped on his foot as she pushed him backwards…her adrenaline pumping energy to her tired body. Il Woo managed to knock some of the candles when he fell on his bottom. The candles rolled towards the floor to wall heavy curtains. The fire spread on the heavy curtains…while Il Woo decided to chase Chae Won to the kitchen at the back of the house.

“Don’t come near me!” Chae Won shouted…in her hands was a 12-inch knife. She wielded it towards her husband as she coughed due to the smoke.

“You can’t stab me, Chae Won, but I can stab you with that”, Il Woo said as he stepped forward trying to grab Chae Won. Chae Won immediately side stepped and Il Woo caught air and he out balanced due to the forward momentum of his body and he hit the tiles of the sink. Blood flowed from the large cut on his forehead.

“You’re going to pay for this blood, wife!” Il Woo shouted…his teeth barred like a rabid dog while Chae Won continued to move backwards…she was nervously holding the knife.

“Stay where you are! I swear I’ll stab you with this” Chae Won shouted…but as she moved she realized she reached the corner of the kitchen. Il Woo grabbed her and the knife fell from her hand. Il Woo threw her on the floor and used his hands to strangle her.

“I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you!” Il Woo chanted as he continued to press his fingers on . He then took a small pocket knife from his pants and slashed deeply on the right side of her face. The deep wound extended from below her eyes to her jaw.

“Now…I marked your face”, Il Woo said as he threw the pocket knife and continued to strangle Chae Won.

Chae Won was nearly losing her consciousness due to Il Woo strangling her, the pain on her face and due to the smoke coming from the living room when she saw the knife that fell nearby.

“Nearer…nearer…” Chae Won muttered as she used the last of her strength to kick Il Woo away from her. He fell a little backwards as Chae Won grabbed the knife and stabbed Il Woo.

“You stabbed me…you stabbed me!” Il Woo muttered…his face filled with disbelief.

Chae Won did not waste time and she dealt him another stab until he fell backwards on the floor. Chae Won grinded her teeth as she felt pain on her waist downwards as if she was having a contraction. She gradually stood from the floor…seeing her husband still breathing.

“Help me, Chae Won, help me”, Il Woo called out to her.

Chae Won went nearer seeing her husband helpless or so she thought for he suddenly grabbed her and he got the knife which she left on the floor and stabbed her; luckily, it only hit her on the shoulder.

 “Now…you’ll die with me”, Il Woo said as he fell backwards…unconscious.

“Ahhh….ahhh” Chae Won cried in pain as she tried to rise… the knife still on her shoulder the tip protruding from her body. Her eyes misted from the smoke as she saw the fire coming at the kitchen. The fire already devoured the living room and most probably the rooms upstairs. Chae Won felt herself standing up and going at the backdoor. She ran outside towards the gate of the house.

“Chae Won! Chae Won!” she heard her husband shouting her name. He saw her trying to stand up as he was engulfed in flames. The gas inside the kitchen exploded and she took cover among the trees and shrubberies as the glass windows broke.

Chae Won saw the flames engulfed the entire house. She cried as she lay on the grassy ground in fetal position.

“Chae Won! Oh my heavens! What happened here!? Shinhye exclaimed in panic as she saw the vacation house in flames.

“Shinhye…S…S…Shinhye”, Chae Won moaned in pain.

“Bloody hell!” Shinhye saw her sister in her blood covered white night gown with her right face completely bloodied from the deep wound.  

Shinhye went to her sister and she saw the knife handle at her shoulder with the tip of the knife protruding at the front.

“My abdomen feels painful…ahhh….ahhh...!” Chae Won shouted as Shinhye was helping her stand. Then they both saw blood oozing from her body to her legs downwards.

“No…no…please…no not my baby!” Chae Won wailed.

“Let’s go to the hospital now…we might still save the baby”, Shinhye said as she helped her sister to the passenger seat of her Volvo.

Chae Won lost consciousness inside the Volvo while Shinhye drove as fast as she could to the nearest hospital.

Three days passed before Chae Won regained her consciousness. Shinhye came near her bed.

“How are you feeling?” Shinhye asked worriedly.

“I killed him, Shinhye”, Chae Won said.

“Il Woo?” Shinhye asked.

“Yes, I killed him because he wanted to kill me. He wanted to kill me to have all my properties including the ChaeShin Palace where we live”, Chae Won said as she stared at the ceiling…her eyes blank but tears fell from them to the pillow.

“He hurt you so much…you lost a lot of blood that you needed immediate blood transfusion. He left a deep scar on the right side of your face”, Shinhye said.

Chae Won raised her fingers and he felt large gauze covering the right side of her face just below her eye. A little higher and she might have been blinded.

“The police asked what happened but since you were still unconscious I told them to come back”, Shinhye said.

“My baby?” Chae Won asked.

“I’m sorry, Chae Won, you lost the baby”, Shinhye replied as tears also fell from her eyes.

Chae Won’s eyes filled with tears and she cried for her lost innocence and death of her innocent baby. Shinhye embraced her tightly giving her warmth and comfort.

“My baby…my baby…my baby…” Chae Won whispered as she continued to cry.

The Aomori police investigated the case. Chae Won and Shinhye decided to make up a story that she and her husband were attacked by men wearing black masks. Chae Won claimed that they went inside the house to kill only her husband for reasons unknown to her and she only became a target because she helped defend her husband. She cried and wailed as she told her story that the police believed her tale. It also helped that the police unearthed evidence pointing at Il Woo and his connection to a counterfeit money syndicate.

“Let’s go home, Chae Won”, Shinhye said as they boarded the airplane going to South Korea.

Chae Won had never been the same after that incident. She lived up to her tale as a mourning widow and perpetually wore black and continued to wear her wedding ring. She refused to cook or get near any fire not even to light a candle. She preferred the cold air to the warmth of the heater. Most of all, she did not allow any doctor to take off her scar on the right side of her face. It marred her beauty but it added mystery to her whom they called Black Widow as many believed that she killed her husband.

Chae Won remained seating on the ground…as tears continued to fall. She lost her baby…she lost the one person to whom she would have given all the love Il Woo never wanted.

“Do you love him so much?” it was a voice she also knew so well. She was still seating on the grassy ground when she turned around and lifted her face. She saw Song Joong Ki.

“Chae Won, do you love him so much?” Joong Ki asked again.

“What are you doing here?” Chae Won said as she lowered her face to wipe her tears with her black handkerchief.

“I came to see you at your office but they said that you’re here because today was his birthday”, Joong Ki replied.

Chae Won stood but she lost her balance being seated long on the ground. Joong Ki immediately grabbed her elbow to steady her.

“Do you love him so much?” Joong Ki repeated for the third time.

“Why do you ask?” Chae Won questioned back.

Joong Ki did not reply as he took the wide brimmed hat she wore and he saw the deep scar that marred her face.

“You’re still the same despite this scar”, Joong Ki said as he held her face and his thumb brushed the scar gently.

“Detective Song, please, don’t do this”, Chae Won said as she tried to avoid his touch but Joong Ki held her face steady.

“You’re still the woman whom I called in my sleep…the only woman whom I dreamed of spending my life with”, Joong Ki continued to say staring at her eyes…staring at her face.

“I’d better go, Detective Song”, Chae Won said as she tried to get away from his stare but he would not let her.

He let go of her wide brimmed hat and his left hand deftly took the pins that held her chignon in place. Her hair tumbled around her shoulders to her elbows and the wind blew her hair gently.

“You’re the most beautiful woman for me…the most beautiful I ever gazed upon”, Joong Ki said in a low voice imbued with emotion.

“Detective Song, it wouldn’t be good for us to do this”, Chae Won said.

“Nothing’s better than being with you…holding you. Why didn’t you marry me years ago?” Joong Ki asked.

“We were friends then…” Chae Won replied as she felt Joong Ki’s breath fanning her face. He smelled of mint and his aftershave cologne. He also smelled of his Armani perfume.

“It broke my heart seeing you married to him…it broke my heart and I had been with women to forget you…been married, too, but my marriage ended up in divorce because I can’t love another but you and the women I’d been with all called me pathetic”, Joong Ki said as he pecked her lips with a gentle kiss. Chae Won felt electricity at the first touch of their lips and her eyes widened…staring at him.

“You taste like peppermint and smelled like floral vanilla…good enough to nibble”, Joong Ki teasingly said as he deepened their kiss. He pulled her to him tightly and coaxed to open as they exchanged hot kisses…melding their lips and tongues together…breathing as one.

Chae Won felt current flowing through her veins as her hands and arms gently crept up to pull Joong Ki to her as she too allowed their kiss to deepen. Her mind screamed that what she was doing with him was wrong but how could something so wrong for her to do taste sinfully right. They were kissing in front of the grave of the husband she killed…she wanted to stop herself but somehow her body had a mind of its own….


Hi everyone! Finally, our ChaeKi couple met again!!! I just hoped that Song Joong Ki can manage to convince Moon Chae Won that they are the right ones for each other...oh well...Joong Ki's sweet kisses can be a start. I'm also happy that you appreciate the love and caring Shinhye and Chae Won have for each other. In this story, I really wanted to show how much siblings can overcome obstacles and find happiness while helping and caring for each other. Anyways, to all my readers, subscribers and friends, thank you all so much for all your support. Please...please...feel free to drop your comments because your lovely comments inspire me more in writing my story. I Love you all so much...Thank you and Happy New Year to all of us! May the year 2013 bring us all the joy and blessings....