Best gift

60 seconds

Yuji and L entered a fancy coffee shop around the city of Daegu. The shop has this summer feeling around. The chairs and tables were really simple, but the place was very elegant. Only few people know this fancy place.

"What are we doing here?" Yuji asked, slightly disappointed.

L smiled then squeezed her shoulder. "Let's have some late breakfast together." he led the way.

Yuji pouted then followed him. L sat on one of the tables while Yuji sat beside him. A waitress with white longsleeves and black skirt came to them with a grin. "Can I get your orders?" she asked.

L nodded. "One coffee and..." he looked at Yuji. 

"Hot chocolate." Yuji smiled.

The waitress smiled then bowed before walking away.

L looked at Yuji then smiled. "What do you want for lunch?" he asked.

Yuji rested her elbows on the table. "Anything will do." she smiled.

L nudged her. "Come on. It's your birthday." he winked.

Yuji shrugged with a smile. "Anything." she lightly laughed.

L gazed at her for a long time with a smile on his face. Yuji cautiously looked back at him then blinked. "W-Wae?" 

L smiled wider. "Happy birthday." he poked her cheek.

Yuji's heart fluttered in surprise. She smiled at him, happy that she's spending her birthday with him. *Thank you for greeting me, L oppa.* "Thank you." she replied.

The waitress came back with the orders. She placed it on the table then bowed. L and Yuji grabbed their mugs then took a careful sip. 

Determined, L rested his left palm on the table then started tapping it. He looked away, hiding the big smile threatening to appear on his face. Yuji looked down and took a double look instead. She looked up at him then blinked. "Geuge mwonde?" she pointed at his finger. "Are you married?" she slightly gasped.

L turned her way then smirked instead. He took another sip before putting the mug back on the table. He gently grabbed Yuji's left hand. Yuji blinked surprise, baffled by his actions. *What is he doing?*

L pulled out something from the pocket of his black blazer. Yuji looked down at her hand as L guided his own hand on hers. Her eyes were slightly widened and was slightly agape when L slipped the same ring on her ring finger.

 [A/N: Sorry can't find the same ring they wore on the MV >//< let's just pretend! ^^]

It was a simple ring with infinity sign around it. Yuji blinked at it then looked up at him. "W-What's this?" she croaked.

L smiled then fisted his left hand. He grazed his fingers on her fingers, looking at their ring fingers with the same ring. "We have the same ring now." he looked at her with a smile.

Yuji gulped. "W-What's the meaning of this?" she barely whispered.

L opened Yuji's hand then intertwined his fingers on hers. "The ring explains everything, right?" he smiled.

Yuji gasped. She clamped her free hand on . "Y-You mean..." she trailed off.

"Yes. We're now officially a couple." L finished. "Happy birthday." he kissed Yuji's knuckles.

Yuji grinned. She never expected this. But inside, this was the best gift ever. *I never thought about this.* Yuji thought.