New friend, new brother

60 seconds

NOTE: The next chapters will be PAST as well. I'll put PRESENT if the scenes are in PRESENT already :)

 


PAST

 

"Appa, I need some ride. I forgot my umbrella at home." Yuji pouted on the phone.

The other line chuckled. "Aigoo~ just wait til the rain stops. I can't go there right now. I have work, sweetie."

Yuji sighed. "Araso." she hung up.

She looked to the sky then sighed heavily. *When will it stop?* She whined then looked around. Her white coat, her brown heels and her leggings were being splattered with raindrops.

Suddenly, the rain seemed to disappear. Yuji's vision became black and she blinked in surprise. *What?* 

The black umbrella slowly lifted which made Yuji turn her head.

The guy looked up at the sky. Yuji tilted her head to get a better look of his face. The guy slowly looked at her then smiled. For some reason, Yuji felt happy. She smiled back at him, with her wide lively smile.

"Looks like it's not going to stop, right?" the guy looked at her.

Yuji looked up at him then slowly nodded. "I know." she pouted.

The guy looked at her. "I'm Kim Myungsoo, by the way. And you are?" he smiled.

Yuji looked up then grinned. "Jang Yuji. Nice to meet you, Myungsoo-ssi." she tilted her head with a grin.

He smiled at her. "You can call me L. My friends usually call me L." he smiled.

Yuji smiled back then nodded. "Araso... L-ssi...?" she said, unsure.

L chuckled. "Oppa." he corrected.

Yuji blushed a little. "L oppa." she smiled.

L smiled. "Where are you heading?" he looked at the sky.

Yuji pointed at her side. "My house's just around the block. But I forgot to bring my umbrella." she puffed her cheeks.

L looked at her with a smile. "Well, looks like the rain isn't going to stop. I'll walk you home." he smiled.

Yuji shook her hand frantically. "A-Aniyo! It's okay. I can go home by myself!" she smiled.

L shook his head. "I insist." he smiled.

Yuji sighed in defeat then gave him a shy smile. "Uhm... Thanks...?"

L chuckled. "Shall we go?" he nodded his head on the way.

Yuji looked up then nodded with a smile. The two of them walked away with the umbrella on L's hand. L looked down at her with a smile. Yuji looked up then gave him a sweet smile back.

---

"There it is." Yuji pointed at the simple, yet elegant house in front of them.

L looked up then back to her. "Are you sure you're okay by yourself?" he asked.

Yuji smiled. "To be frank, no."

L's heartbeat sped up.

"I'll make you some hot chocolate as a thank you." Yuji nodded her head towards the house.

L shook his head with a smile. "No, it's alright. You don't have to do it."

"I insist." Yuji smiled.

L stared at her. And then, he smiled then gave up. "Araso." he chuckled and Yuji giggled.

"Come on." Yuji led the way.

L followed her, with the umbrella still on his hand. Yuji opened the front door then opened it wider. "Feel at home, L oppa." she smiled.

L smiled then closed the umbrella. Yuji put the umbrella on the rack then she led him inside. L stepped inside and the simple living room was the one who greeted him.

A simple brown and white sofa, a built in book shelf on the wall, and a shelf for picture frames. Above the sofa was a large window pane. Since it was raining, the rain drops and the sky were fully seen on the window.

"Have a sit. I'll be right back." Yuji put her wallet with coins on the table. Testing him if he's going to steal it or not. She went to the kitchen to make two mugs of hot chocolate.

L looked around. He turned his head towards the shelf then saw a book. He stood up then walked over the shelf. He grabbed the book then read the title. *This look interesting.* He opened it.

"Here you go."

L turned around and saw Yuji placing the mugs on the table. Yuji felt happy that the guy she brought at her home wasn't a robber or what. He was indeed a good guy.

L put the book back to the shelf then sat down beside her. "Are you living alone?" he asked then grabbed the mug.

Yuji sipped some of it then shook her head. "I'm living with my parents." 

L nodded. "Do you have any sisters or brothers?" he interrogated.

Yuji brought her knees to her chest then shook her head. "I wish I have a brother."

L beamed. "Then I can be your oppa!" he suggested.

Yuji looked at him. "You serious?"

L nodded. "Why not? You're only child, I'm only child. Then we can treat each other as siblings." he smiled.

Yuji stared at him for seconds. Now, she felt happy and excited. "Nice idea you got there, huh." she grinned.

L sweetly smiled. "So, you're my new friend and new sister?" 

Yuji giggled then nodded. "You are." 

L smiled then pinched her cheeks. He wanted to pinch her cheeks so badly.