60 seconds

60 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P8G4yUb9Fo


PRESENT

 

"Where are you going?" Sungyeol asked, looking at his friend, L.

L grabbed the black umbrella then looked at the window. It was raining and the sky was gray. "Coffee."

Sungyeol nodded. "Buy me some Americano." he grinned.

L smiled then nodded.

He went to the door then heaved a heavy sigh. *Rain. Always matching my mood.* He shook his head then opened his umbrella.

---

L walked out of the house, with the rain pouring on his umbrella. His mind wasn't focusing at all. And his legs has its own minds. He looked straightly on the way, staring blankly at the drops of the rain on the cement.

His thoughts were cutted off when someone bumped into him. The umbrella twisted a little on his hands. He turned to look at the intruder and he bowed. "I'm sorry." the latter said and he bowed back then walked off as well.

L sighed then looked up. Looks like the rain isn't going to stop in any moment. He lowered his head then started walking again. The rain wasn't showing any difference. It was still the same, heavy and continous.

He walked, and walked, and walked, until he spotted a jewelry shop. L dragged himself towards the store and he stopped. He looked inside and saw random jewelries. He closed his umbrella, left in on the rack stands then opened the glass door.

The door made a twinkling sound which made the lady looked up. She smiled then stood up. "How may I help you?" she softly asked.

L looked up then gave her a weak smile. The lady understood what he meant so she sat back down.

L scanned the jewelries through the thick glass. Necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings were there. He walked on a little until he saw a hand figurine with two rings on it. The rings were placed on the ring finger and the pinky finger.

He lifted his left hand saw stared at the two rings on his fingers. One was his, while the other one was hers. 

His ring was placed on his ring finger while the other one was placed on the pinky finger. 

Two years had passed, and he's still not letting the ring go. Even his friend Sungyeol asked him every time whose ring was that, and he'll just say no one. Whenever he answers the questions, his heart will long for her.

"You're idiot, you know that? How could you not just let the ring go if you really want to forget the owner of that? The most stupidest idea is to keep that ring, Kim Myungsoo." his friend Sungyeol told him once.

L sighed then twisted the ring on his pinky finger.

"That was your girlfriend's ring, huh?"

L looked up and saw the owner leaning her arms on the glass. She looked really young but you can see that she's aging because of her hair and the wrinkles on her face. 

L gave her a very small smile then nodded. "It was." he muttered.

The lady shook his head with a smile. "Do you mind if I ask you something?" 

L looked up. "Of course not, ahjumma. What is it?"

The lady smiled. "Why did you keep that ring?" she pointed at it.

L was speechless. He, himself didn't even know the answer for that question.

"That easy. You kept that ring because you still love her. You want her back. You want her to love you again." 

L felt a pang on his heart. She was right. Absolutely right.

The lady smiled. "It's not the end yet, young man. Maybe you'll see her sooner or later, right? Maybe she wanted you back too." she cooed.

L bit his lip. He sighed then ruffled his hair.

"I'm telling you this, young man. If you find her already, don't let fate separate you again. And if she's yours already, don't let her go." she smiled. "Life is too short. Do what is right. If your mind and heart tells you that you still love her, then find a way to solve it. Don't waste your chance." 

L slowly nodded. He looked up then bowed with a smile. "I'll remember that, ahjumma! Thank you very much!" he bowed.

The lady smiled then nodded. "You're welcome."

L flashed a smile to her one last time then walked out of the store. He grabbed his umbrella then walked again. He felt refreshed. The owner's words made him feel confident.

Soon, the rain came to a stop. L closed his black umbrella then shook it. Removing the remaining drops of rain.

He wandered around the new place. He kept looking left and right, scanning the cute and cozy places around him. Of course, with a big smile on his face. He walked on a little more and stopped in his tracks.

Is this true?

His smile slipped off his face as he stared at the girl right in front of his eyes. 

Are all of these for real?

Is that Jang Yuji?

L stared at her longingly. 

It looks like time had stopped.

Everything stopped.

He wanted to hug her so much like he used to do.

Until, a drop of rain fell on his cheek. He wiped it using the back of his hand then he slowly looked up.

Only to see the Jang Yuji walking back inside.

*No, wait.* He gulped then followed her.

Now he needed 60 seconds to tell the story.