Unexpected Prince

His Bite I Crave

(Kevin’s POV)

To be honest, I was still rather upset that Lyna had left me for Joon. I didn’t want it to be that way and I helped save Joon. What was going through my mind at the time, I didn’t know. My heart was saying just let her be happy with the person she choose, but my mind told me to just let him die from the acid. I just didn’t know what to do then. My footsteps dragged through the grand halls as I went to go the main hall where the wedding would take place. My heart was still set on Lyna, but I know I could never get her back unless I proved it to her. All the servants were ordered to wear what was found in their rooms the morning of the wedding, all I could do was obey their orders. My eyes caught a girl changing to her original form before switching to match someone else’s appearance. A soft groan came from one of the guards before she killed him. What a cold woman.

 

(Ella’s POV)

Geez this guard was making too much noise. My ears heard soft, dragged footsteps, forcing me to hide in another appearance. I do hope nobody had seen me. It would be a shame if I had to do the same to the person as I did to that guard. It felt odd being in this body, but like every form I took, I had quickly adjusted and hurried to the hall. The ceremony was about to start, the stray servant coming inside just before the musicians queued the couple’s arrival into the hall. Joon had such a happy face, filled with such joy that he had never showed me once. Lyna was with him, her face filled with as much happiness as Joon’s. It completely disgusted me at how they looked together. Soft murmurs gave comments like “They’re so perfect for each other,” and “They are the couple that will make history,” which only made my stomach churn with anger and jealousy. It was supposed to be me walking down the aisle with Joon, not her!

 

I remained quiet as the ceremony dragged on, the priest taking his sweet time on the wedding. The tension grew as well as the hatred for Lyna. Just before they were to say their “I do”s, I snatched up my dagger and threw it right at Joon. My eyes were as red as the flames of a fire. I quickly left the room only to see a body crippling to the floor and a high pitched scream. On my way out of the castle, I was soon caught by a young man.....the one I framed.

 

Ella: Why you little s***!

 

Kevin: This is what must happen in order to have the kingdom be safe. Guards, please arrest her and banish her to the outermost part of the underground.

 

Ella: Says who!

 

Kevin: By command of the Prince of Melstrand, me.

 

My mouth hung open, only finding out he was a prince of Melstrand, but I could be put to death for doing that to him. He was just being merciful, since the only prince of Melstrand was rumored to be one of the most merciless princes on the planet. He was wearing the royal blue attire as well as the crown of the prince. I couldn’t say anything more and was taken away, but not forever...

 

(Kevin’s POV)

I soon arrested the young girl and banished her, soon dashing off into the palace to see Joon’s body on the floor, blood slipping from his body, tears in Lyna’s eyes. I knew that when I walked in as my true identity, that everyone would bow. I didn’t care. All my heart cared for was for Lyna’s happiness. Not only was this the second time that an assassination occurred during a royal wedding, but this time, Lyna wasn’t the one dying. Lyna’s eyes widened as I approached her and picked up Joon with the help of Kiseop. He was brought to the healers and was told he might not make it. A frown appeared on my face before leaving to see if Lyna was alright.

 

A soft weeping came from what was her private room so she could have time to herself. Her makeup was running a little, her wedding dress covered in blood. Her eyes looked up at me, a sharp pain hitting me right in the heart.

 

Lyna: Kevin?

 

Kevin: I’m sorry Lyna. I didn’t know something like this could happen twice.

 

Lyna: It’s alright. Is Joon going to be alright? Is he alive?

 

I sighed softly, looking away for a moment before looking back to her.

 

Kevin: The healers don’t know if he’ll be able to make it. We’re hoping he makes a recovery.

 

Her eyes filled with tears as she weeped more, only giving me a heart break. It pained me to see her so. I wrapped my arms around her slowly, pulling her to me so she could cry on my shoulder. I didn’t care if she didn’t love me anymore. All my heart wanted was for her to smile. As much as it hurt to do this for her, I knew it was right for me to take a step away so she wouldn’t be burdened further.

 

Lyna: I don’t know what to do Kevin.

 

Kevin: I’m afraid all I can say is for you to pray he gets better and all I can do is be here for you to cry to. And I have to tell you the truth of that night you saw me with that girl.

 

She looked up at me, confused from what I meant before slightly nodding her head, as a way of telling me she’ll listen. I opened my mouth and explained everything to her. I knew that I might never get the chance to tell her about what had happened to me that night she saw me with that girl, the one that tried to kill my love, and Joon.

 

(Lyna’s POV)

I was flabbergasted by what he had told me, this only making me feel guilty from what had happened and what I said to him. I felt extremely horrible about what I did to him and hugged him tightly. He was a bit shocked but hugged me tightly in response. That night I never cried so much, nor have I felt I have done the wrong thing.

 

I woke up to see I was no longer covered in blood, nor was my wedding dress on. My eyes looked and searched to see I was in my pajamas and Kevin was asleep at the foot of the bed. I sat up and reached a gentle hand out to his hair. It was as soft as the last time my fingers touched it. That last night we had together, before Joon was arrested. I remembered the time where I thought I was in love with Joon, only to find my heart was still with Kevin. I remembered every touch and caress as if it had just happened not too long ago. The thought hit me...and it turns out I was still in love with Kevin, but now at the same time with Joon. I don’t know what to do now....