Not enough time

The Man who never Dies

"You're lying." Zelo whispered after a long time of silence. "You lied right, hyung? It's too ridiculous to be true."

All the BAP boys stared at Youngjae attentively, eagerly, as if wishing Youngjae would nod. Youngjae sighed softly and shook his head, biting his lip. "I can lie about everything, but do you think I'll lie about someone dying?" he muttered. "Everything I've told you is true."

"True?" Yongguk tried to laugh but it came out forced. "True? How is Daehyun being a one thousand year old freak true? That So Eun and Daehyun were past life lovers? Do you think this is some sort of fairy tale? If it is, then you've got to learn something Yoo Youngjae. Because fairytales have happy endings." he said sarcastically.

Himchan stared at the ground, clenching his fists. "You're lying, Youngjae. I thought you were supposed to be the brainiac, the logical one. How the hell do you expect us to believe this ?"

Youngjae burst out of his seat and glared at the other guys. "Do you seriously think I'm bored enough to spin some story like this?" he snapped. "Do you think I want So Eun to die? I love her, we all love her. But she was the one who told me herself, about Daehyun and her feelings. She told me that there were photos..." he faltered and immediately stiffened. "PHOTOS!" he clicked his fingers. "Wait here, I'll get you evidence."

Youngjae ran out of the house and left the rest of the four BAP members staring at where he went. Jongup shifted on his seat uneasily, his heart thudding quickly in his chest. "I don't think Youngjae hyung is lying." he whispered.

"What the are you talking about?" Yongguk roared. "Do you seriously want to think that So Eun is going to die in eleven, no minus today, ten days? You want her to die?"

Jongup bit his lip. "I don't want anything to happen to her, to anyone. But think about it, Youngjae's right. Would he lie about this?"

Zelo let out a soft mewl as he hugged a pillow on the couch. Youngjae had to be lying. He HAD to.

Youngjae burst through the doors again in a few moments and he tossed a photo album at Yongguk. "First page, first picture. Look carefully."

Yongguk flipped the photo album hurriedly while the other three boys rushed over to look. Zelo blinked at the picture and scratched his head. "Hyung, this is the picture of the five of us when we were kids. What's wrong with it?"

"Look carefully at the back. Look. You'll know I'm not lying." Youngjae snapped, not caring if he hurt Zelo's feelings anymore.

The boys studied the picture carefully and their eyes widened. Himchan leaned nearer and rubbed the picture as if there was a smear. "T-That...that looks like Daehyun."

"He's just some guy that looks like Daehyun alright?" Yongguk insisted. "How the hell is Daehyun 19 years old so many years ago and still 19 years old now?" he laughed even though it wasn't funny.

"Second page. So Eun and my picture." Youngjae muttered while looking out of the window.

This time, it was Himchan who started turning the page quickly. They quickly knew where to look and they spotted Daehyun watching So Eun with a soft smile as she and Youngjae were fighting over a toy when the picture was taken. Zelo gasped and covered his mouth. "Daehyun hyung again."

Yongguk dropped the album and shook his head. "It's not true." he whispered. "It can't be."

"It is so deal with it." Youngjae growled. "Daehyun can't age, he's practically immortal. He will continue being this immortal freak until we can save So Eun and him from this ing curse that keeps killing her. Do you think we should continue acting like we were in the past if our friend might be taken away from us in ten days time? Do you?" he snapped.

"She might not..." Jongup hiccupped, scared. "This time we'll all help. Six guys protecting one girl, we can do it!"

"Not to be a wet blanket, but Daehyun has tried so many times in this thousand years. He failed. Things don't look good." Youngjae told them logically.

They lapsed into silence, each of them reminiscing the past memories when they were kids and through their teenage years, the times they had spent together, the six of them. Other guys always laughed at the five of them when they were younger, teasing them that they were So Eun's lackeys, the five of them hanging after So Eun's every word.

They never thought of abandoning their friendship though. They all adored the friendship they shared and So Eun was a pleasure to be around even though she was a girl and they all went through that girl-and-boys-can't-mix-together phase, they still stuck together.

The way they survived each day was being sarcastic to each other, to tease and insult in the joking manner, but even if they never said it out loud, they all loved So Eun. Not the way Daehyun loved So Eun, but in the friendly manner.

"Now what do we do?" Zelo whispered, crying softly.

Youngjae stared at the ground. "We make her possible last days happy."

 

 

 

"Let's go on a trip."

So Eun blinked at Yongguk, especially surprised because it was him who suggested it. There was a week break from school and they were still thinking about what to do during the break. So Eun tried not to think about how her birthday fell just after the break and the possible consequences.

"A trip?" She echoed. "To where?"

"Anywhere." Yongguk shrugged, smiling softly. "Just a trip. Let's get out of here, go to some nice place and take a hell lot of pictures. A lot...of pictures." his eyes dimmed slightly.

Zelo sighed softly at Yongguk's words.

So Eun looked over at Daehyun for his opinion and he just shrugged, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I'm fine with anything. I'll go if you want to." he offered.

"Then let's go." So Eun grinned. "A trip sounds good don't you think? Study study all the time...meh." she wrinkled her nose. "Let's go some place far from here. How about Busan? I've always wanted to try the Twin's Pork rice soup and grilled eel!"

"Let's go there then." Jongup smiled sincerely. "That sounds nice."

"Isn't it?" So Eun grinned. "But I'm not sure if umma and appa will allow me to. I mean, it's such a long way away and we'll definitely need to stay overnight there." she tapped her chin in thought. "Although I don't think it'll be dangerous if I'll be going with six boys like you guys."

"It's okay, we've already told your parents and they're okay with it." Himchan assured. "We can set off tonight." he grinned widely but his eyes didn't match his smile.

"Tonight?" So Eun's jaw dropped. "It's..." she stared at her watch. "Like three in the afternoon now. You mean like five hours later we're going all the way to Busan?"

"Why not?" Yongguk shrugged. "There's the night bus we can take. If you're okay with it, I'll go book the bus tickets now."

"But...tonight?" So Eun shook her head, still trying to digest the fact. "Why are you boys so excited to go to Busan? Wait, Busan was suggested by me even. Why in the world are you rushing? We have a whole week of break ahead."

"There's not enough time." Zelo whispered, staring at the floor.

So Eun blinked at Zelo in confusion. Daehyun snapped his gaze at Youngjae and the latter just sighed apologetically. Daehyun felt a tug at his heart when he realized Youngjae had told the other boys of the curse which explained why the boys were trying so hard to be nice to So Eun.

Daehyun could feel the guilt rising up his chest and he closed his eyes momentarily. If he hadn't been so useless all these years...how many chances had he had to save her? How many times did he fail?

If he wasn't such a useless bastard, the other boys wouldn't be suffering as well as he was.

"Let's just go tonight, So Eun." Daehyun touched her arm. So Eun's eyes rounded and she stared at him in surprise, not expecting him to agree as well. "Be spontaneous." he grinned a crooked goofy grin. "Oh?"

The six boys stared at her expectantly and So Eun swallowed. "Oh alright!" she wrinkled her nose. "But I warn you guys, I'll need time to pack my stuff so don't book a bus too early alright? Oh man! I have to choose which clothes to bring! You guys cause so much trouble!" she ran back to her house up to her room.

Daehyun watched her go and bit his lip hard. He slowly raised his eyes and saw the boys looking at him, some studying his every detail, some just having a distant melancholic gaze in their eyes.

"Nine more days." Jongup whispered distractedly.

"There's six of us, not only Daehyun this time." Himchan tried to give a pep talk but he didn't sound to bright. "This time we can help, we'll be able to stop this erted Hong Yu from doing anything to So Eun." he assured. "Everything will be alright."

"I hope so." Zelo murmured, sniffling. "I don't want noona to die."

"I should book the tickets now." Yongguk rose from his seat, quickly grabbing his phone. "There's not enough time. Not enough..." he muttered and disappeared into his room.

Daehyun closed his eyes and sighed.

*This is all because of me. I'm a useless bastard.*