School Trip

The Man who never Dies

"So how's it going, staying with my daughter?" Himchan nudged Daehyun. "She's annoying isn't she?"

The boys were walking to the Parade Square, all of them excited because it was the day of the School Trip. They walked together, their shoulders bumping each other as they sauntered over with the rest of the student body.

So Eun frowned at Himchan's question and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Excuse me?" she retorted. "It's a pleasure to be staying in the same house as I am, Kim Himchan."

Daehyun just shrugged, trudging on emotionlessly. "She tried to peek at me while I was sleeping, muttering to herself and wondering if I was ."

So Eun's eyes widened and she snapped her head towards Daehyun, while the rest of the boys gasped in surprise. So Eun mentally smacked herself and glared at Daehyun. Couldn't that guy keep shut as he always did?

Youngjae's eyes were the largest and he bumped So Eun's shoulders. "Oh gosh I never expected you'd have that in you." he laughed. "!"

So Eun frowned and her cheeks pinked. "It's not like that!" she defended. "Do I look like I'd be someone who would peek on a guy?" she put her hands on her waist and glared at the boys. Only Jongup shook his head dutifully while the rest of them just looked back at her.

So Eun sighed and raised a hand up to silence them. "I changed my mind. Don't answer that."

Yongguk just shrugged with a sly grin. "Yeah yeah whatever. We all know you're a ." He slammed his hand on So Eun's mouth to stop her from talking when she opened to protest. "Anyway, we're late for that briefing thing so let's go now."

The gang moved off and So Eun sulked, angry that things became this way. So Eun pulled on Daehyun's bag to stop him from walking and sent him a glare. "Liar!" she whispered. Daehyun raised his brows teasingly. "I didn't exactly lie, did I?"

-----

"Get into the buses with your classes and all Class Monitors, come to me after this to collect the class lists to mark the attendance." A teacher hollered. "Make sure you've brought your money and all your valuables! And have you worn your proper shoes?"

"YES!" everyone chorused.

"Good. NOW BOARD THE BUS!"

Everyone cheered since the briefing had been going on forever under the hot hot sun and they were finally allowed into the inviting air-conditioned buses. The students got up the buses and heaved a sigh of relief as the cold air relieved the heat.

The BAP boys too scrambled up the bus with their fellow classmates. So Eun sat with Youngjae, Himchan with Yongguk, Zelo with Jongup and Daehyun chose a one sitter by himself.

"Where are we going anyway?" Zelo asked curiously. "I wasn't paying attention when Teacher Shin was talking, I was playing with sudoku." he grinned sheepishly.

"You wouldn't even realize it if someone kidnapped you." Jongup shook his head in amusement. "We're going to Jikso Falls. I hope there are bears." he beamed excitedly and brought up his DSLR which he hung around his neck. "I want to take pictures."

"Continue hoping." Youngjae rolled his eyes and shook his head, catching what Jongup had said behind him.

The teacher counted the students and gave a nod to the bus driver. Soon, the engine roared to a start and they were off. Zelo and Jongup looked wildly excited, Himchan couldn't be bothered as he adjusted his hair with his pocket sized mirror and Yongguk was already asleep.

"He's really the oldest." Youngjae whispered to So Eun. "Look at him." he pointed. So Eun nodded in agreement and stiffled her laughter. "I'm not asleep yet you toot." Yongguk's voice boomed, making Youngjae jump in surprise.

Jongup leaned forward to So Eun's seat. "So Eun ah, I prepared snacks. So if you're hungry you can get some from me." he showed her his bag full of snacks. "Oooh chocopies!" Zelo snatched it away quickly, smiling widely.

So Eun looked over at Daehyun who had pulled his cap over his eyes and crossed his arms in front of his chest, closing eyes to sleep. She pouted slightly and settled back into her seat after sending a grateful smile at Jongup.

She had been hoping for a little chat.

 

 

 

"And so that's it for the history of Jikso Falls." The tour guide said into his speaker. "Now you guys have four hours to look around. There are some gift shops down at the village as well so you might want to check it out. Meet here four hours later and we'll take you guys to dinner."

The students dispersed and whipped out their cameras to take pictures of the beautiful mother nature. The waterfall wasn't very tall, but it was still beautiful and breathtaking. The water that pooled below was a deep turqoise color that looked really pretty especially under the glimmer of sunlight.

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_67465

"Hey, let's go up to the top." Himchan pointed at some of the tourists who had gone to the top of the waterfall to take pictures. "It'd be fun."

"Maknae you better follow tightly." Yongguk muttered as he took the lead. "And So Eun, you too."

"It's not like I'm going to wander off by myself." So Eun murmured under her breath and blew on her bangs. "Stop depicting me as if I'm a kid. This kid scored second in level for goodness sake."

The gang moved up the trail and some of the other students were already in front of them. So Eun smiled appreciatively at the view around them and snapped pictures once in a while. She took pictures of her friends as well when they were making funny faces, and she found herself trying to capture shots of Daehyun.

Daehyun noticed and used a hand to cover her camera lens. So Eun huffed and pulled away, checking her camera. "You'll dirty the lens!" she complained.

"Then stop acting like a stalker." Daehyun mused in a quiet voice. So Eun made a face but it soon dissolved into a grin.

Youngjae came up behind them and barged between them, knocking them both to both sides. "Stop flirting and let's go!" he looked back with a playful grin, sending Daehyun a meaningful look. Daehyun looked away, clearing his throat, uncomfortable.

"I swear, I don't know what's going on in his mind half the times." So Eun muttered. She looked back at Daehyun who had slowed his steps and pulled on his arm. "Come on, follow. Yongguk walks surprisingly quickly. We've got to catch up."

Daehyun's eyes dropped to her hands on his arm and a small smile crept up his lips. He let himself be pulled without removing her grip, following her quietly.

He deserved that little bit of enjoyment didn't he?

-----

"I'm tired. Are we there yet?" Zelo whined, already wanting to sit down on a random rock. "My legs are tired. Hyung, let's rest." he complained.

Yongguk rolled his eyes and stopped, going back to where Zelo was and pulling him up. "We're reaching." he convinced. Zelo shot the leader a look. "That's what you said half an hour ago."

Himchan pushed Zelo from behind. "He's right, maknae. We're reaching, be a man and let's go. We can rest when we reach the top." he encouraged with a smile.

Jongup looked back at So Eun whose cheeks were flushed pink and her lips parted as she panted softly, trying to keep up with the boys. So Eun was particularly grateful to Daehyun who would walk behind her so he was the last one in the group. She knew he had the capabilities to overtake her but his presence behind her made her feel assured.

"Are you doing okay, So Eun?" Jongup asked in concern. So Eun nodded and made a fighting sign. "Yeah I can do this. Go on, I'll only be slightly slower." So Eun looked back at Daehyun. "Anyway he'll be here to catch me if I fall won't he?"

Daehyun looked away to hide his smile. At least she trusted him.

Jongup didn't feel to comfortable at the thought and he slowed his steps even though he didn't feel tired. "It's okay, I'll walk with you too."

The three of them moved slowly due to So Eun but both boys didn't mind. The boys in front reached the top of the cliff first and Zelo immediately collasped on the ground. "Whoohoo." he muttered lifelessly. "We finally reached."

Youngjae grinned happily and glanced back to call out to the rest of them when he noticed the trio. Daehyun and Jongup were glancing at So Eun frequently with worried looks on their faces and making sure they were by her side.

Youngjae bit his lip. "Heheh interesting."

The trio reached the top and So Eun let out a large breath, fanning herself and wiping away her perspiration. "Wow. It looks pretty from up here." she smiled, not a word of complaint. Daehyun overheard other girls behind them complaining about the weather, the bumpiness of the trail, the insects....just everything.

He looked back at his girl and smiled softly. That was his girl, never complaining.

Jongup immediately got to work, opening his bag full of supplies and offering So Eun a bottle of water which she accepted gratefully. He got out towels and even helped So Eun wipe away perspiration from her face.

Daehyun felt something in him twitch when he saw that and he averted his gaze quickly, taking a deep breath.

"Stop looking and do something if you like her."

Daehyun turned around quickly and saw Youngjae wriggling his brows at him suggestively. Daehyun rolled his eyes and shot him a look. "What?"

Youngjae grinned knowingly and crossed his arms, bumping Daehyun's shoulders. "You know what I mean. I know you like So Eun."

Daehyun froze for an instant before he relaxed himself. He shot Youngjae a serious look and shook his head. "No, I don't. You've seriously misunderstood." he turned away.

Youngjae scratched his head and watched Daehyun go, feeling the turmoil. "He doesn't seem like he's lying at all, and I'm the best judge of these things." he murmured thoughtfully. "But it doesn't make sense either. Daehyun hyung doesn't like So Eun?"

Daehyun walked away with a small satisfied grin, knowing he confused the brainiac.

*I don't merely like her, dummy.* he glanced at So Eun who was laughing merrily with Zelo. *I love her.*