Busan trip II

The Man who never Dies

So Eun woke up the next morning and the first thing that came into her mind was...8 days left.

She sighed softly and shook her head in hope of clearing her thoughts, hopping off her bed lightly and going to wash up for the new day. She never remembered once that she would dread her birthday so badly.

Birthdays were the monumental event in a kid's life. When she was young, she loved her birthdays so much because it meant presents and cakes.

The BAP boys would write a card for her and she always enjoyed reading it, not knowing what she would find.

She would get race cars and toy chemistry sets instead of doll houses and toy sewing machines, but she loved her gifts a lot. The boys would look forward to her birthday as well because her presents would be shared and they would get a new toy to play with as well.

As she got older, birthdays meant maturing and growing. Her birthday wishes would slowly change from self-centered ones like wishing for a pony, to wishing that her parents would be less busy at work, to the welfare of other people.

For the past few years, she had wished for the happiness of the people around her, the goodness of the world.

This year, she would be a little selfish again. She wished she didn't have to die.

-----

So Eun got out of her room and yelped in fright when she headed straight into Daehyun's chest, knocking her head against his chin. She rubbed her head and frowned up at him, wrinkling her nose. "Yah."

"Morning to you too." Daehyun laughed softly, knocking her head. He closed her door and took her hand, leading her to the lift. "Had a good night's rest?"

"Yeah." So Eun nodded. "I clonked out immediately when I laid down on bed. Cried too much last night." she rubbed her eyes. "Too bad I didn't bring make up or anything to cover these dark circles." she pointed.

Daehyun moved her hands away from her face. "You look good so stop abusing your face." he muttered. "We're going for breakfast and then the Nampo-dong. You're a girl, I assume you'd like shopping?" he raised his brows.

"Yeah, but the guys won't." So Eun yawned. She looked around them before stepping into the lift with Daehyun. "Speaking of which, where are the boys? Still sleeping?"

"Nope." Daehyun gave a mischievious grin. "They're up half an hour ago and have already gone for breakfast. They're going to the beach again. Jongup and Zelo wants to jet ski."

"Oh." So Eun slowly caught his meaning. She grinned slyly. "So maybe we should join them as well?" she asked innocently. "I think I might like jet skiing since we didn't try it yesterday."

"No I don't think you'll like it." Daehyun blinked as if he didn't get what she was implying. "You'll like shopping better. We're going shopping."

"Now that's an assumption." So Eun bit back a smile.

Daehyun raised his brows. "No it's not. You like shopping better and you're going shopping with me. And besides, what if you drown in the water while jet skiing? Doesn't sound too attractive does it?" he pulled her out of the lift as it dinged at the first floor.

"I really think I'd like jet skiing." So Eun murmured, laughing.

Daehyun shot her a look and So Eun burst out laughing. "Oh alright, shopping it is." she grinned, hugging his arm. "Didn't know you were so desperate to have some alone time with me."

"I'm always desperate. I just don't show it." Daehyun pecked her lips.

 

 

 

The couple went to Nampodong for the most ordinary date ever. Shopping, eating, sight seeing. However to them, every minute was precious, every thing they saw and did together would be stored in their minds for as long as they could remember.

So Eun went into almost every single shop and annoyed the hell out of Daehyun, because he knew she wouldn't buy the things. They were branded stuff like Tommy Hilfiger, Zara that Daehyun knew So Eun wouldn't waste her money on. But still, she enjoyed going in and pretending she was a potential customer, trying on clothes and getting the salesgirls' hopes up.

"Why are you going into every store when you aren't buying things?" Daehyun huffed. "Just buy something, anything. Pick one and I'll buy it for you."

"It's too expensive." So Eun clicked her tongue. "But I like going in to try stuff on. Don't you like seeing me in different clothes?" she raised her brows.

Daehyun gave her a sly grin and opened to answer when So Eun raised her hands to stop him. "Alright, I don't want to hear it." she squeezed her eyes clothes. "Jesus, Daehyun I didn't know you could be a hormonal teenager at 1095 years old."

"What were you thinking of?" Daehyun blinked innocently. "I wanted to say I like seeing you in any clothes because you'll still be beautiful. Were you thinking in the lines of changing the word any to no?" he shook his head. "Didn't know you were so y So Eun."

"Yah." So Eun elbowed him. Daehyun laughed and wrapped an arm around her waist, leading her out of the shop. "If you were wondering however, I love you no matter what clothes you wear. So even if you decide not to wear any, I'll still love you. Just a boost of confidence." he teased.

"Jung Daehyun!" So Eun blushed red and stomped away.

Daehyun laughed and caught up with her, enjoying her embarrassment. She huffed at him and stopped in front of a street stall selling fishcakes. "Hmm!" she pointed. "I want these.'

"Okay, I'll get you some. Sit over there and wait." Daehyun pointed at the tables by the street. So Eun nodded and bounced over to an empty table, swinging her legs while waiting. Daehyun bought them some fishcakes on sticks and a plate of ddubokki, making his way over to her.

On the way, he caught sight of a store selling jewelry. Rings, specifically.

His eyes narrowed down on a pair of wedding bands that looked simple and elegant, a single diamond encrusted on the surface. He swallowed.

"Over here!" So Eun waved.

Daehyun snapped his gaze away from the rings and he sent her a smile. He glanced back at the rings once more and bit his lip before walking back to So Eun.

He mentally counted the number of notes he brought that day.

 

 

 

The couple met up with the rest of the gang in late afternoon, the boys baked red from surfing in the sun. They seemed excited and gossipy when the couple reached them, like something exciting was happening.

"Guess who we saw on the beach~" Youngjae sang. "Someone unexpected."

"Who?" So Eun craned her neck to look out at the beach. "Kim Tae Hee? Oh my gosh don't tell me you saw Shim Changmin!" she squealed, clapping.

Daehyun yanked her back down to her seat, his face gray. "That guy's only 25. He's too young for you."

"Don't you think you're too old for me then?" So Eun grinned. Daehyun sent her a look and she laughed. She turned back to Youngjae with interest. "So who did you see?"

"Lee Haerin." Youngjae looked like a grandmother trying to pair her granddaughter off with someone else. "That girl from the cafe you told us about, who has a crush on Jongup and vice versa. She's here in Busan as well! We saw her wearing a swimsuit and Jongup nearly nosebled!"

"HAHAHAHAHA!!!" So Eun burst into laughter while Daehyun shook his head in amusement. Daehyun looked out at the beach. "So where is she and Jongup right now?"

"They're currently having a drink at the beach pub." Youngjae told them. "Only I'm kind enough to tell you guys this okay? The rest are too busy spying on them. Want to join?"

Which was how the six of them found themselves hiding behind a tree while spying on Jongup and Haerin who were talking over a refreshing drink. "Oh look, he's blushing!" Himchan whispered. "How cute!"

"You sound like you're gay." Yongguk frowned. "Aish why isn't he doing anything? They met all the way here in Busan, it's fate. He should do something besides buying her a drink. That's so..."

"I feel a little bad spying on them though." So Eun whispered even though she never took her eyes off the couple. "I feel like we're invading their privacy."

"Oh don't worry." Zelo shook his head. "It's not like it's the first time we're doing something like this."

So Eun took several moments to process what the maknae had said and Youngjae whacked Zelo's head. "Shut up!" the brainiac mouthed.

So Eun's jaw dropped and she glared at the boys. "Did you boys spy on me as well?" she hissed.

"It was the date between you and that guy called Kim Minkyu, remember?" Yongguk quickly defended. "It was harmless! Just accidentally being in the same place you two were! Total coincidence!"

So Eun narrowed here eyes and Yongguk gulped. He pointed at Daehyun. "He suggested it."

So Eun shot her gaze towards her boyfriend. "Jung. Dae. Hyun."

"I was jealous okay?" Daehyun raised his hands up. "Am I not titled to feeling jealousy because I love you too much?"

The rest of the boys cringed at his words but apparently it worked. So Eun pressed her lips in a firm line. "Fine, forgiven." she muttered. "You didn't speak much in the past, or I wouldn't have liked you if I knew you had such a glib tongue." she joked.

"Maybe I should have talked more then." Daehyun teased back.

"Shush you two, focus." Himchan pointed back at Jongup and Haerin. "Aish what are they talking about? I want to hear. Why isn't Jongup doing anything?? Look! Her hand is just on the table. Just reach out to grab it. GRAB IT!!!!" Himchan nearly strangled Youngjae beside him.

"Maybe we should do something to help." So Eun whispered with a grin.

-----

"...and we just checked in this morning." Haerin was saying. "How many days are you guys staying here for?"

"I'm not very sure." Jongup shrugged. "Maybe a few more." he eyed Haerin carefully. "How long are you girls staying here?"

"Till the day after tomorrow." Haerin told Jongup and he mentally made a note to tell the others that they wouldn't be leaving before that. "I'll have to go back to work after this."

"I'll visit you at the cafe." Jongup promised, smiling. Haerin bit back a grin, her cheeks pinking.

Jongup smiled and took a sip of his drink when he noticed a strange group crowding outside the pub. He blinked when a large white board appeared in sight and a familiar sprawl he recognized as Himchan's was dotted on it.

HOLD HER HAND YOU !

Jongup blinked and realized those people were his friends. OH MY GOD.

He looked back at Haerin to see if she noticed but thankfully she didn't. He lowered his gaze to where her hand was on the table and he moved to put his hand on the table as well. Should he?

JUST HOLD IT, DAMN IT!

Jongup reached out to hold her hand. Haerin blinked in surprise.

REPEAT AFTER ME.

"Repeat after me." Jongup murmured absent-mindedly. Haerin raised her brows. "Eh?"

YOU !

"You dumba-" Jongup quickly shut up. "Nope, sorry. Forget what I just said."

I LIKE YOU A LOT, MORE THAN HOW MICE LOVE CHEESE AND AND I WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH YOU And I love the way you smile and how hot you look in your swimsuit

JONGUP, IGNORE WHAT THE REST HAVE WRITTEN. JUST EXPRESS YOUR FEELINGS AND ASK HER OUT!!!

Jongup gulped. "I like you." he blurted, meeting So Eun's gaze. "The first time I saw you was when I was with So Eun on a date."

Haerin didn't know whether to smile or frown at that statement.

"I thought I liked her because she was the only girl I was close to and I mistook friendship for love." Jongup continued. "But then I realized that what I felt for her paled in comparison to actual love when I saw you at the cafe. I was immensely attracted to you then and I was glad So Eun forced me to get your number." he pinked.

Haerin bit back a smile.

"I'm not very good with words." Jongup rubbed the back of his neck. "But I really do like you and and...will you be my girlfriend?"

Haerin nodded, smiling shyly. "Yes."

Jongup's face lit up brilliantly. "YES!!!" he pumped his fists in the air.

YES!!!!!! WELL DONE !!!! The board flashed.