Babo

The Man who never Dies

"Kim So Eun." Himchan sulked. "What were you up to the last few days?" he demanded. "You've been out of action."

"Yeah what?" Yongguk asked curiously. "You drag Daehyun off every single day and you almost run off when school ends." he narrowed his eyes at So Eun and Daehyun suspiciously. "You two haven't been dating behind our backs have you?"

"No!" Daehyun blurted quickly before So Eun could reply. So Eun blinked at his response and made a face. "Yeah, no we aren't." she muttered. *How could we? When he's so in love with Kim Sohyun?*

Zelo sulked as he shuffled over to So Eun. "Noona, you even forgot to bring me my usual chocopies each day." he muttered. "How could you?"

So Eun bit her lip guiltily. "Mianhae, I'll buy you a box, I promise." Zelo instantly grinned.

"But seriously, what were you up to, So Eun?" Jongup asked worriedly. "I thought something happened."

"You noticed?" Yongguk commented. "I thought you were too busy texting that Lee Haerin from that cafe to notice anything else." he teased. Jongup reddened and fanned his cheeks.

"Wellll..." So Eun glanced at Daehyun. She knew it wasn't in her position to tell anyone else Daehyun's story and if they were to know about it, Daehyun had to be the one telling the story. "Uhm Daehyun and I were engaged in this...uhm..."

"We were playing scrabble." Daehyun muttered blandly.

All eyes turned to him in surprise. "S-Scrabble?" Himchan blinked, his eyes wide.

"Yes, we were playing scrabble." Daehyun didn't even flinch. "Why?" He caught So Eun's bewildered gaze and knew she was trying not to laugh. So Eun nodded and bit her cheeks. "Yep. We were playing scrabble."

"Are you kidding?" Zelo retorted. "Noona, you run off once school ends everyday and even ditched club duties once for...scrabble?" he looked so surprised.

"Yeah." So Eun tried hard not to laugh. "Don't you know? Scrabble is reeeeeeallllly fun." she blinked innocently. Youngjae rolled his eyes, looking through her lies at once. *Seriously, of all excuses...Scrabble.*

"Be truthful." Himchan narrowed his eyes at the two. "Scrabble isn't a code word for making out right?" he wagged his finger.

"BANG YONGGUK!!!" So Eun squeezed her eyes shut. "Your mind is too filthy for words!"

"What?" Yongguk huffed. "Hormonal teenagers nowadays, how would I know? I'm trying to protect you, you toot."

"We're not making out." Daehyun muttered with a straight face. So Eun glanced at him, wrinkling her nose. She frowned at Yongguk. "Why would I make out with a guy I'm not dating?" she commented. "Bang Yongguk you're so annoying!"

"So you two were really playing Scrabble?" Jongup rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't remember you liking scrabble that much in the past." he tried to remember.

"Well I like it now." So Eun defended. "Scrabble is fun alright?" She tugged on Daehyun's sleeve. "Let's go home. We've got a scrabble match....remember?" she looked at him, pleading for him to agree.

Daehyun nodded. "Hm."

The two of them walked back together, leaving the rest of the gang. Himchan watched as the two went with a tinge of melancholy. "Why am I feeling like I'm marrying off my daughter? The two aren't even dating." he commented.

"But she sure is spending a lot of time with him. And they're even living in the same house." Zelo pointed out.

Yongguk shrugged. He turned to Youngjae curiously, raising his brows. "Yah Yoo Youngjae, why haven't you said anything at all this whole time?" he asked. "I thought you'd be the first to make some snarky comments."

Youngjae snickered. "You know how it feels like when a kid stole cookies and he's cooking up some excuse for why he did it?"

"Ridiculous?" Jongup cocked his head to the side.

"Exactly." Youngjae laughed knowingly as he walked off, shaking his head.

 

 

 

"So far we've visited seventeen Kim Sohyuns and none of them are your Sohyun." So Eun muttered. "And you're of no help at all, the picture you drew of her was...a stick figure. How am I supposed to know how she looks like?"

Daehyun looked away. "I can't draw." he fibbed.

"Fine." So Eun murmured. "Can't blame you. I can't draw either." She rolled over on his bed and looked at him. "Let's go visit more houses again, Daehyun. We've got to find Kim Sohyun." So Eun got off his bed, ready to go.

"I'm not going."

So Eun stopped in her tracks and turned around to look at him in utter shock. "What? But why?"

"I don't feel like looking for her, alright?" Daehyun snapped. "You can't find her, So Eun. Don't try anymore, you're just wasting your time."

So Eun let out a huff and growl, striding towards him. "How can you say that? Don't you love her? Don't you want to find her? You're acting like you don't care if she's living or not, Jung Daehyun!" she fumed.

"I care." Daehyun burst up from his seat to look at her face to face. "But I also know you can NEVER find her, so why try? I can find her myself, there's no need for you to worry yourself about it. Stop wasting time."

So Eun narrowed her eyes at him. "I can't feel your love for this Kim Sohyun if you don't get your off that chair to find her, Jung Daehyun!" she snapped. "I'm going to look for her if you're not going. I'll take pictures of the Sohyuns that might be yours and you identify them yourself. Don't say I'm not helping."

She stormed out of the room and slammed the door.

Daehyun sighed and raked his fingers through his hair, frustrated. He didn't want her wasting her precious time on someone that didn't exist. But he couldn't tell her that, and he didn't want to encourage her fruitless search either.

Daehyun walked to his door and gazed downstairs. He saw So Eun putting on her shoes and running out, her hair flying behind her.

"Please give up hope soon." he murmured.

-----

Daehyun stared at the clock.

So Eun had been gone for a good four hours and she hadn't even returned. Daehyun was getting worried about her. He called her the first time two hours ago to force her to come back but she didn't agree to.

He called again fifteen minutes later and So Eun hung up on him.

He tried for another few times and she finally picked up, eventually getting into a fight with him. Daehyun loved how she was stubborn when it came to things she had set her mind on, but sometimes that stubborn character of hers was really infuriating.

He didn't want her running about outside looking for Kim Sohyun when that girl didn't exist but she just wouldn't listen to him. Both were firm in their stands and they ended up arguing and So Eun hung up on him for the second time.

That had been an hour ago.

Despite his pride telling him not to call her, Daehyun picked up the phone again and dialed her number. He paced around the room as the ringtone continued ringing and ringing with no response from the other end.

She didn't pick up, not even after six tries.

Daehyun frowned. He wasn't sure if she missed his calls because she was still angry or if something happened to her. He should have followed her out, aish babo.

Unsettled, Daehyun grabbed his jacket and ran out. He took out his new phone which So Eun's parents had given him, a rather foreign device.

He scratched his head in frustration as he tried using the GPS function of his phone. , why was it so difficult to use?

Daehyun spent a great ten minutes trying how to figure out using the application and finally managed to acquire So Eun's position. He frowned when he saw that she was supposed to be halfway through a row of street houses that sold furniture.

"Whatever. That's where I'm going." Daehyun stretched his arm out to wave for a cab.

-----

"So Eun?" Daehyun ran down the street and peeked into every shop.

People stared at him when he suddenly burst into the store, panting, and shouted a random name. Daehyun's eyes scanned the people in the shop and frowned when he didn't see So Eun.

He was where the GPS system told him where So Eun was, but where was she?

Daehyun ran to the next shop and burst in as well. So Eun wasn't anywhere to be seen and Daehyun checked his phone again. She was supposed to be here! Did something go wrong with the application?

Daehyun ran around wildly, looking around like a maniac. "KIM SO EUN!" he yelled.

People stared at him. "What's up with him?" they murmured amongst themselves.

Daehyun growled frustratedly. He glanced at his phone again. He was supposed to be right next to So Eun right then, so where was she?

Daehyun looked around himself. He was standing by a shop selling fruits, there were cars rolling by on the road and a dark alley between two shophouses near by. Daehyun stared into the dark alley and saw no one about. He looked into the shop and didn't see a single customer.

He stared at the road. So Eun couldn't be out on the road when they were cars could she?

Daehyun frowned and scratched his head. He looked back at the dark alley when something caught his eye.

A pair of white flats.

Daehyun felt his heart stop as he bolted towards the pair of feet protruding out from behind a discarded cupboard box. As he got closer, he finally got the full sight of her.

So Eun had collasped on the ground in a heap, unconscious. She was out cold and she looked exceptionally pale.

Daehyun rushed to her in a hurry and gathered her in his arms, shaking her. "So Eun!" his voice was an octave higher than it usually was. "So Eun wake up! So Eun!"

Her cheeks felt cold and her lips were purple. . .

Daehyun quickly carried her behind his back as he ran to the nearest hospital.

"Babo." he muttered under his breath. "This babo."