Stalking

The Man who never Dies

"Are you ready?" Minkyu blinked at So Eun hesitantly.

"Yeah. Let's go." So Eun smiled at him. Minkyu beamed at her and took her bag for her enthusiasitcally, gesturing for her to walk first. He followed after her, bouncing like a rabbit.

Daehyun watched the scene with utter distaste and he wanted to storm out there, pulling So Eun back. However she chose this and he couldn't do anything to stop it.

The rest of the BAP boys were also watching. "I don't really trust that Minkyu guy..." Himchan murmured. "I haven't really talked to him before. What if he does something to our baby girl?"

"If he does anything to our baby girl, I'll break his-" Yongguk faltered and his face contorted, elbowing Himchan. " man, your way of speaking is really influencing me."

Daehyun burst up from his seat. "I'm going to stalk them." he grabbed his back, striding out quickly.

The boys stared at him in surprise, especially the others besides Youngjae. "I never thought I'd see Daehyun hyung react to this." Zelo murmured in wonder.

"You know what?" Youngjae grabbed his bag as well. "I'm interested to see more of his reactions. I'm going to stalk them as well." he ran after Daehyun.

Himchan and Yongguk met eyes and nodded, quickly following in the other two's footsteps. Jongup wondered if he should follow as well since it was invading So Eun's privacy, but Zelo pulled Jongup with him, making his mind up for his hyung. "What are you waiting for? Even our parents are going, of course we should as well."

The six boys tip toed in ultimate stealth as they trailed behind So Eun and Minkyu. Daehyun kept his eyes on Minkyu the entire time, like an eagle eying his prey. He narrowed his eyes whenever Minkyu got a little closer to So Eun and tightened his fists.

Minkyu was actually quite a gentleman because he never tried anything So Eun didn't want. He didn't even try to hold her hand. All he did was carry her bag  which So Eun tried to take back from him.

Daehyun scoffed at Minkyu's acts of carrying So Eun's bag, holding the door for her, pulling out her chair etc. What did Minkyu think he was doing? Trying  to act in a freaking drama?

Minkyu brought So Eun to the movie theatre first and they watched a romantic comedy movie. First thing wrong, Daehyun shook his head. So Eun preferred mystery films.

The six BAP boys too bought their tickets, making sure that their seats would be directly a row behind So Eun and Minkyu's seat. Zelo insisted on buying popcorn on cola and Yongguk had to pay for everything. They snuck into their seats after the lights were dimmed because they all knew So Eun was too smart to be fooled and they had to be careful if they didn't want to get caught.

While tip toeing, Yongguk accidentally stepped on Himchan's foot and the poor guy had to reesist screaming from the pain. Especially when their leader had been wearing boots. Oh seriously, all 64kg of him on Himchan's tiny toe. OWWWWW...

Himchan couldn't resist and he let out a little yelp.

So Eun turned back curiously at the weird sound and Jongup quickly twirled Himchan around to hide their faces. So Eun shrugged and turned to the front again, watching the trailers.

The BAP boys got seated without any further incidents and Daehyun got the seat directly behind So Eun. He stared at the back of her head, sighing softly. He never had a chance to watch a movie with her like this, in a movie theatre, even in the past lives. To think that the first time he had a chance to watch a movie with her was the time when she was on a date with another guy. How fantastic.

The movie started and Youngjae on Daehyun's left gestured at Jongup on Daehyun's right. "Pass the popcorn!" Youngjae whispered loudly.

Jongup nodded and tapped on Zelo's shoulder who was sitting a seat away from him, with Himchan in their middle. "Popcorn!" he whispered as well.

The popcorn travelled from Yongguk to Zelo to Himchan to Jongup to Daehyun and finally to Youngjae. Youngjae grinned and gripped the popcorn box, digging his hand into the popcorn and throwing one in the air, catching it with his mouth. One didn't land in his mouth and he frowned. "Aish! Missed!"

Daehyun frowned at Youngjae and elbowed the latter. "Hush." he hissed.

So Eun turned around, curious at the commotion and Daejae ducked. So Eun shrugged again, frowning slightly and turned back to the movie.

Daehyun glared at Youngjae and the brainiac just shrugged cheekily. "What? Movie comes with popcorn!"

-----

So Eun felt positively bored throughout the movie.

She liked the story line, it was a very touching one and the acting was not bad. However there was nothing surprising with the plot and even reading the summary of the movie, So Eun had already predicted the ending. What was the point of watching a movie when you knew the ending before that?

So Eun suppressed a yawn and discreetly tried to stretch. If only the ending was more special or had some unexpected twist.

She would have loved watching a mystery film if she came with her boyfriend. She would get to guess the ending and that would be so much more fun.

"Did you enjoy the movie, So Eun?" Minkyu asked with a smile. "I heard girls liked movie like this."

*Not me.* So Eun shook of her thoughts. *Don't be too harsh on him, he doesn't know you well enough yet.* She forced a smile and nod. "Yeah it was good."

"Great!" Minkyu looked relieved. "Then uhm, want to grab a bite?"

"Sure." So Eun nodded. She followed after him as Minkyu went first. She gazed at his back view and rubbed the back of her neck, wondering why Minkyu, who was taller and more muscular than Daehyun didn't give her the sense of security Daehyun gave her.

The two of them moved towards the nearest eatery with the BAP boys following close behind.

The boys rushed to another table at the end of the store and hid their faces with the menu. "What can I get you boys?" the ahjumma asked with a smile.

"Just orange juice for all of us, thanks." Yongguk thought of his wallet, knowing that the boys would definitely make him pay. "What? No!" Zelo frowned. "We're ordering two plates of kimbap. I want a bibimbap and a sprout bean soup. How about the kimchi stew, hyungs? The picture looks good."

"It is! It's our signature dish!" The ahjumma nodded.

"Really? Then two of that. One for me too." Himchan drooled. "How about the pancakes? Wow amazing. Let's have one piece for each of us."

"Wait, how much are you going to order?" Yongguk asked, panic-striken. "You should know I'm not going to pay for it right?"

"Why not!" Himchan grinned. "You're the leader aren't you? Ahjumma, we'll have twenty fishcake sticks as well!"

"KIM HIMCHAN!!" Yongguk roared.

Daehyun's eyes widened and he quickly grabbed a nearby newspaper and held it out in front of all of them. So Eun looked over at their table in surprise and blinked. *Did I just hear Yongguk's voice?*

The six boys stayed extremely quiet, praying that So Eun wouldn't notice the suspicious heap of them. So Eun was about to stand up to go over to them when Minkyu tapped her shoulder. "Where are you going, So Eun sshi? Our ddubokki is here."

"Oh, okay." So Eun nodded and sat back down. She glanced back at the suspicious table once more and scratched her head. Strange...

Minkyu kept up with easy talk as they shared a ddubbokki. So Eun didnt' know why she felt awkward eating off the same plate with some other guy, but she did. Her smiles were forced and she wasn't enjoying herself much.

She kept wondering what Daehyun was doing back at home. Would he even care if she went on a date with someone else? Of course not, he already had Sohyun.

A mother brought her kid to the eatery and sat down at the table next to hers. She glanced at the little boy who seemed to be extremely happy. "Umma umma! Can I open it now?" he tugged at the shopping bag.

The mother smiled and nodded, unwrapping the toy from the bag. She produced a new toy train model and the boy let out a squeal, hugging it. "Thank you umma!" he squealed, proceeding to play with the toy train with glee.

So Eun watched with an amused smile. That reminded her of Daehyun so much. He behaved so much like a kid then, it was too adorable for words. Daehyun had always hidden behind this facade he painted for himself. He had always strived to look emotionless and gave a misconception that nothing could ever affect him.

Wrong.

Perhaps that was his defense mechanism after he had been hurt by the curse so much. So Eun couldn't imagine him keeping his sanity after so many years of watching Sohyun die. If she had to watch the one she love die so many times, she thought she would have gone mad.

But So Eun had seen the real Daehyun before. The real Daehyun was the one who saved her whenever she needed help, was the one who seemed so excited when he first played with toys, was the one who tried not to show his concern for her as he nagged when she fell ill.

That was the Daehyun she fell in love with.

So Eun's eyes widened and her hand stopped the fork she was holding, the ddubokki not making it's way to . She swallowed hard at the realization.

She loved Daehyun.

Perhaps she should have seen it from the beginning, how this guy managed to grab her attention. There was something about him that attracted her to him, the mystery perhaps, or the romance in a guy that had something to hide.

He was so different from the rest of the guys and even when he didn't do anything much, she was attracted.

Even when her brain knew it was such a stupid thing to fall for him, she couldn't help it. Her heart was already his.

"So Eun sshi, the sauce is dripping."

So Eun blinked at the ddubokki which was still suspended in the air and she quickly put it down on the plate. She glanced up at Minkyu sadly and forced a smile. "I'm sorry Minkyu sshi...but I think I can't do this anymore."