Prize

The Man who never Dies

Daehyun have a small grin to himself as he collected his test paper.

100 out of 100 again. Jung Daehyun, no doubt 1000 years old huh?

Daehyun walked back to his seat, feeling everyone's gaze on him as he made that small walk back. Admiration, that was what they felt. And not to mention a certain feeling that was only present in the females' eyes: lust.

He ignored all of them and sat back down, raising his brows at the girl beside him, the only girl he cared about in the entire place like this.

So Eun was pouting, frowning and making faces all at the same time as she stared at her own test paper. "Babo." she whispered to herself, hitting her own head. She turned to Daehyun slowly and discreetly, slightly startled when she saw that he was already looking her way.

So Eun let out a sigh and looked at him, staring back with full force. "Fine, so you win." she muttered.

Daehyun felt the sides of his lips curling upwards and he had to force them to be straightened. He gave her a what-else-did-you-expect expression and So Eun wrinkled her nose, making a face.

"Fine, so what do you want as a prize for winning?" So Eun asked, on the insides of . Daehyun thought she looked like a hamster. A...very cute hamster.

Daehyun almost smiled. Even at a time like this, she still remembered the prize? He didn't need a freaking material prize. He just wanted her to stay alive, that was the best prize he could ever get.

Daehyun just gave ae grunt and looked forward, ignoring her question. So Eun blinked, looking surprised as she scratched her head. "Wait, what does that mean?"

Daehyun continued ignoring her and So Eun shook his arm. "Yah Jung Daehyun, I'm talking to you." she murmured, frowning. "Listen and answer will you?"

No reply.

So Eun leaned back into her seat, making at face at him, annoyed at his lack of response. She sighed to herself, muttering to herself.

"So it seems I can't make Jung Daehyun dance The Boys in front of the school anymore." she murmured, deep in thought.

Daehyun caught what she said and his hand flew to his mouth, propping his chin up with his elbows as he pretended to yawn. His lips curled upwards in the brightest smile possible and he chuckled softly.

*The Boys?* he shook his head in amusement. *Thank goodness I won.*

 

 

 

"How could you not have won the challenge with my help?" Youngjae shook his head. "I can't believe it. You have like an encyclopedia helping you with tution and you don't win it." He gestured to himself. "You're helpless, So Eun."

The BAP boys and So Eun were having lunch in the cafeteria while Daehyun was having his alone in his table. They were discussing about So Eun's failure in the very rash challenge she had fired against him.

"Are you an idiot?" Yongguk rolled his eyes. "The only way not to lose but be on par with Jung Daehyun was to get full marks. How can Kim So Eun get full marks with that brain of hers?" he retorted.

"Hey!" So Eun frowned at the comment.

"But hyung, you didn't even get full marks yourself. How can your tutee get any higher than you?" Jongup grinned. So Eun high-fived him and sent him a grin. "Heard that, Youngjae?"

Youngjae made a face and pouted. "Full marks." he muttered under his breath.

"By the way noona," Zelo turned to look at So Eun. "Has Daehyun claimed his prize yet? The prize for winning the challenge."

Everyone turned to So Eun. "Yeah has he?" Jongup asked in interest. So Eun shook her head and pouted. "No. He ignored me when I talked to him, that rude guy." she complained. "I couldn't even get him to react or bat an eyelid."

"Isn't that good?" Yongguk pointed out. "You don't need to do anything. What if he makes you dance the chicken dance in front of the school huh?"

"HAHAHA Thanks for putting that image into my mind hahaha!" Youngjae burst into laughter. "That was hilarious!"

So Eun elbowed him in the stomach and he doubled over in pain. "Wait what if the prize he asks for is a Ferrari?" Zelo blurted in wonder. All eyes focused on the maknae and Himchan rolled his eyes, throwing a chocopie at him. "Babo."

Himchan turned to So Eun, looking very serious. "So Eun, you're a big girl now, turning 18 this year. I know you can protect yourself now, especially since I invested so much time in teaching you self-defense techniques last summer. Do you still remember them?"

So Eun nodded. "Yes, umma." she raised a brow at him. "Is this...THE TALK?"

Himchan sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "I never thought THE TALK had to come this early, but since the world is advancing so fast and even twelve year olds think they can go clubbing, I think it's time to bring THE TALK forward." he nodded to himself.

"What are you talking about, hyung?" Jongup asked, completely confused.

Himchan continued looking at So Eun and gave a soulful sigh. "So Eun ah, if that Jung Daehyun requests something vaguely strange as his prize for this challenge, you've got to learn how to say no okay?"

"What vaguely strange prizes?" Youngjae asked slyly, asking when he obviously knew what his hyung was thinking about.

"Well you know...those...vaguely strange prizes." Himchan started to turn red, which was funny since he already made that big of an introduction before this. He shrugged and rubbed the back of his neck embarrassedly. "Well you know...you must say no if he asks for something like...a hug or a kiss or anything of the likes."

So Eun reddened and threw her bun at Himchan. "Aish Kim Himchan!" she wailed. "Why are you having such dirty thoughts?"

"What dirty thoughts!" Himchan protested and caught the bun. "It's perfectly normal for a teenage guy with raging hormones. I'm just trying to protect my daughter here!" he frowned at Yongguk. "Yah you! Why aren't you saying anything to protect your daughter? What kind of a father is this?"

Yongguk raised his hands up in defense. "Hey I did. I told her not to go near that Jung Daehyun at all, and what did she do? Go challenge him in History. This kid's a smart , really."

So Eun just rolled her eyes as her "father" and "mother" continued quarrelling and she sighed softly, looking over at Daehyun's table. He seemed lonely sitting there even though he had a bunch of girls that invited themselves to his table every single time.

It was weird really, how he looked so lonely even when surrounded by people. How he seemed to be able to block everything out of his ears by the other girls even though they tried to hard to get his attention. And it seemed like he didn't even make an effort to ignore them.

A thousand years of training, really. Only she didn't know that.

So Eun scratched her head and bit her lip as she looked at him. "I wonder what he wants as his prize." she murmured softly.

-----

"Where did that girl go?" Daehyun murmured under his breath.

School had ended and all the students rushed out of class as per usual. Daehyun packed slowly, waiting till the BAP boys and So Eun left before he followed behind them to make sure she went home safely. An extra act really, especially since there were already five other guys walking home with her.

Her safety might have been excuse for his stalking, truthfully. He just wanted to see her for a while more, even if it was just for a few minutes while watching her from the back.

That day when Daehyun had gone out of class to follow the BAP boys, he realized that So Eun was not with them. She didn't have any club activities that day and she didn't look for any teacher as far as she knew. And the BAP boys always waited for her wherever they went so why today...?

Daehyun followed them urgently, his eyes darting around him as well, feeling frustrated. Where was So Eun? If she wasn't with the BAP boys, where was she?

"Aish." Daehyun muttered. "Where is she?"

"Where is who?"

Daehyun jumped, startled. He whipped around and saw the girl he was looking for. So Eun looked around curiously and scratched her head. "Where is who?"

*You, babo.* Daehyun let out a sigh of relief. He fixed his expression and eyed So Eun up and down. So Eun smiled at him. "So, what do you want for your prize? You won the challenge after all." she reminded him. "I may not like your attitude very much right now, but I know you're hiding things and I'd like to solve the mystery. First thing's first, I have to keep up my word."

"So." So Eun looked up at him. "Prize?"

*Stay alive. Please stay alive.* Daehyun gazed at her wordlessly. He closed his eyes momentarily and walked away, stuffing his hands into his pockets. So Eun frowned and ran to catch up with him. "Yah! You haven't answered!"

Daehyun continued strolling and So Eun tried to follow his large strides with her shorter legs. "Will you slow down?" So Eun huffed. "Prize, am I speaking greek or japanese? Are you not understanding me?"

Daehyun slanted a glance at her. "I don't want a prize."

So Eun rolled her eyes and stopped where she was. "And he finally speaks. A miracle." she raised her hands and head up to the sky. Daehyun chuckled softly, shaking his head and continuing to walk. So Eun ran to catch up and smacked his back. "How can you not ask for a prize? Don't be shy." she bumped her shoulders with his.

Daehyun wanted to scold her. Did she get so chummy with guys she wasn't familiar with?

"Fine fine so you don't want a prize." So Eun muttered, looking at his expression. "I'll walk you home then."

Daehyun stopped and raised his brows at her. "Walk...me...home?"

"Yeah. There's such a thing as gentlemen so why not gentlewomen?" So Eun protested. "Come on, I'll walk you home and make sure you get home safely. So where is it?" she looked around.

Daehyun gazed at her with an amused smile on his face. Oh So Eun.

 

 

-----

Hey my lovely readers!

Yesterday''s my 2nd Anniversary on AFF and I wrote you guys a letter. [CLICK]

Thank you so much for your continuous support! :D