Confirmation

Take A Chance On Me

 

Another day at university

The members are all very busy with their own assignments at Uni, as well as practise for the 'JYP World Tour Concert'. Everyone is working tiredlessly, but each one of them are slowly draining their physical and mental strength out. Those in the composition major must complete their assignments within the next 10 days, so time is fading away from then. Those in the dance major, need to prepare a solo stage related to 'Bi'. Those in the vocal major, have been given the task to sing a duet, from the most popular English love ballads over the last decade.

...

Junho's POV

I only have 10 days left, until my composition assignment is due. I have made some progress, trying my best to create a backing with piano, strings and acoustic guitar that fits in smoothly with the 'unrequited love' theme. However, I need to draw on some past experiences in order to write the lyrics. Tonight at the coffee shop, Jun.K hyung and I were meant to perform "Love Light" by CN Blue together, however his throat is not in great condition after the past few vigorous practise sessions. So, I will be having a solo stage instead but instead of singing the CN Blue song, I have chosen to sing an English song; 'Take A Chance On Me' by JLS. This song really expresses my feelings well, in relation to the situation with Ye Eun and also my curiosity about So Eun. I hope the audience will enjoy my performance tonight.

I desperately need my daily dose of caffeine and other things and I also need to prepare for tonight's stage; so off I go to 'Saint Pierre's'. Thank god the miss A members are rushing to their schedule after class and are not going to follow me again. Suzy was a little annoying last time, much to my displeasure...

Back at the coffee shop

So Eun's  POV

"The usual miss?" asked the same guy who serves me everyday.

"No, actually I want to try something new this time. Double-shot Caramel Latte please, also a Chocolat Fondant with Raspberry sauce thank you." I ordered. Why do I feel like changing my routine? I'm not a person who likes changes in life...

"No worries, please take a seat and your coffee and cake will be served to you." said the guy.

I walk towards the table in the corner, where the windows were and there was no one there. Maybe I wouldn't encounter Junho-ssi this time... Thinking back to that day, I feel guilty for leaving him and also being held by Kim Bum oppa, right in front of his eyes. I am not sure why I feel guilty anyway, he is not my brother or my boyfriend, just merely a friend, so it shouldn't matter. Or could I possibly be developing feelings for him? Is that why he is constantly in my mind, and made me change my daily coffee? I hope it is just my stupid optimisim and curosity, not anything more serious. Kim So Eun, he is seeing someone, restrain yourself from now on.

While snapping out of my daydream, I hear light footsteps coming towards my table. Who could it be? It shouldn't be him right?

"Is this seat taken?" a warm male voice asked. I recognised his voice at an instant. Lee Junho-ssi.

Junho's POV

Oh man, this place is packed again, there are bearly any seats remaining. Looks like I have to walk all the way to the back once again. But why do I feel nervous? She wouldn't be there right? It would not be such a coincidence... again.

As I walk closer towards the back of the shop, I see a girl with soft waves in her light brown hair, with her back facing towards me. Could it be So Eun? There seemed to be an empty seat, that I have to take. I walk slowly towards the table, and I then recognise the girl to be her. Kim So Eun, why do we always meet here? I walk up behind her, and softly touch her shoulders and ask- "Is this seat taken?"

No response, she did not even flinch from my touch nor glance at me. Does she not notice my voice? Or is she avoiding me, or does not want to see me for some reason? I haven't done anything to upset her though...

"Oh, it is alright. You must be waiting for someone, I'll go and find another seat." I said, and slowly walked away from her.

"Junho-ssi wait! This seat is not taken, I would love it if you accompany me... just like last time." yelled So Eun. She would love my company, just like last time? What does that mean So Eun-ssi?

"Ah yeah, So Eun-ssi annyeong! We meet again... such a coincidence right?" I said nervously.

"Junho-ssi annyeong! It really is a coincidence, us two... what is it fate or something?" Maybe it was fate for us to meet again, at the same place.

"I guess you can call it that."

"So how are you since last time Junho-ssi? Have you been well and not overworking yourself? By the way, about last time... I'm sorry that I had to leave all of the sudden, that was rude of me. Forgive me please." asked So Eun in concern. She is very considerate, but is she like that to everyone else, such as her Kim Bummie oppa?

"I have been ok, sometimes balancing between studies and work has been exhausting. I have been extremely busy these days, practising hard everyday also composing a song for Uni. Don't worry, I didn't take it to heart, so you don't need to ask for forgiveness So Eun-ssi." Liar Junho, do you think that she would be convinced?

"I still feel guilty for going so soon, so how should I make it up to you?" asked So Eun. Was she that disappointed? Wasn't she happy like a child recieving candy when her oppa came?

I struggle to answer the question, so I just remained silent for a short while. What I want from her, really want from her, is too much to ask and I don't even dare to ask regardless.

"Junho-ssi?"

"Sorry to disturb, but Miss, here is your Double-shot Caramel Latte and Chocolate Fondant. And Sir, the same for you. Enjoy your meal." The waiter did come at a good time, meaning I don't have to answer the question or make a bad mistake. Thank you Mr Waiter, you are my saviour!

"So Eun-ssi, you changed from your normal coffee! Ordering the same as me, why is that? I'm a little suprised because it seems like you never change your order..." I asked in curosity. Changing her order for the first time, to what I usually order, is there a special meaning to it? If it does, I will be in trouble.

"Ah yeah, I just wanted to try it out because I saw how delicious yours was the other day. I guess I got sick of my normal coffee, since I am a caffeine junky and drink the same everyday." Sure, that is how it is. Excuses So Eun-ah, its written all over your face. But I'll pretend to ignore it.

"Good choice right? It is so delicious that you have chocolate all over your mouth!" She did have chocolate all over , making me want to swipe it off with my lips. No Junho, restrain yourself, how can you think dirty thoughts like that! It is only the third time you've seen her! I had to do something to satsify my sudden urge, so I leaned closer, across the table, and placed my finger on and slowly but cooly wiped the chocolate remains off her sweet, pink lips.

"Ah thanks Junho-ssi... I'm a bit careless sometimes..." said So Eun shyly.

So Eun's POV

Junho had came and sat at the table, it really was fate between us, as we meet again at the same place. I quickly apologize to him about leaving him the other day to go off with Kim Bum oppa, however he insisted that he didn't take it into heart. Did he really did not take it in his heart? Good, so he was not angry or dissapointed at me. But why am I slightly uneasy still? Is it because he does not care whether I come and go with another man? I then offered him a favour, to make it up to him, but he just stared at me with those serious, intense eyes without giving a reply. Luckily the waiter came with our coffee and cake, just in time to break the intimidating silence between us.

"Ordering the same as me, why is that? I'm a little suprised because it seems like you never change your order..." asked Junho. Crap. How do I respond? I can't say the truth, as it hurts for me to think because my feelings are growing for him, after each meeting.

"Good choice right? It is so delicious that you have chocolate all over your mouth!" and before I can look down at my messy mouth or even respond, Junho had leaned so close towards my face and looked me in the eyes with sincerity before swiping the chocolate with his delicate fingers off my lips. My god, that was unexpected! Why does he always does things that make my heart flutter faster than a butterfly?! Lee Junho you are strangling me with your tender care and appeal.

"Ah thanks Junho-ssi... I'm a bit careless sometimes..." I said in complete studder, absolutely in shock from his soft touch on my lips. My cheeks were now burning red and my whole body had become heated and flustered.

"You are too careless sometimes. You need someone to look after you..." Can that someone be you?

"... like your Kim Bummie oppa." He already does, but what I want is your care and affection Junho-ssi.

Deng, deng deng! 

Junho's phone was ringing, just at the awkward time again. Saviour number two today.

"Mianhae So Eun-ah, I need to take this." said Junho considerately.

"Hello, Ye Eunnie what's up?" YE EUNNIE? Not her again.

"Ah yeah, tonight I'm having a solo performance at the coffee shop from the other night near Dongguk. It starts at 8, please come if you are free Ye Eun-ah, the others are coming too." A solo? Tonight? Here? Not again...

"I'll be coming to practise soon, I'm with someone right now, so I may be a little late. See you tonight best friend! You better come or else you're dead, arasso? Yeah bye Ye Eun." Did I just hear best friend? And saying he is with someone, me, so he may be late? Why am I so happy for? I can't help but brightly smile at him. Kim So Eun, you really need to get a hold of yourself, aren't you too obvious?

"Sorry about that So Eun. By the way, I'm performing tonight, but without Jun.K hyung because he is not in a good condition. I'm singing an English song tonight. I'd love for you to come and watch, since you said you loved my voice right?" asked Junho. He'd love for me to come? Chincha? I am officially going crazy again.

"Arasso, I will definitely be here tonight! I wouldn't miss it! An English song? I am anticipating." I said calmly, in attempt to maintain composure.

"I can't wait to see you tonight, you better come on time! I'll be expecting and looking for you in the audience! Mianhae So Eun-ah, I need to leave first because I need to go back and practise..." said Junho.

"Bye So Eun, I enjoyed our time once again. I will see you tonight" said Junho, then suddenly he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a gentle yet warm hug. Then he left the shop, leaving me in once again, in awe of suprise and shyness. I think I really have fallen for you, Lee Junho-ssi.

...

Solo Performance

"Annyeonghaesayo, I am 2PM's Lee Junho. Tonight I will be performing my version of an English song, called 'Take A Chance On Me' by JLS. I hope you all enjoy my song!" greeted Junho.

"Lee Junho! Lee Junho! Lee Junho, fighting!" yelled the audience.

Junho was feeling the lively vibe and excitement from the audience, which had included his friends; the 2PM members, the miss A girls, his Ye Eun... but he could not see So Eun. This made him feel a little dissapointment, as she promised him that she would come and watch his performance. Nevertheless, the show still has to go on, so Junho started to tune his acoustic guitar, also warming up his vocal chords. He scanned the audience once more, and is about to start. Suddenly, a girl rushes into the door and kindly excuses herself for a seat at the front stage. Right in front of Junho, was the person he was waiting for, So Eun.

After her arrival, Junho began to sing in a more passionate tone, making sure his emotions are conveyed well throughout the room, especially towards So Eun who was right in front of him, as well as Ye Eun, sitting in the corner with the JYP family.

You're so scared to fall in love
Cuz you end up in the dust
Everytime everytime...

Now you see us all the same
Like our words are just a game
Spitting lies, dirty lies

I know you know
There's something here
But you cannot get past the fear
I can help you make it clear...

 

As Junho was about to reach the chorus, he glanced and smiled handsomely at So Eun who was in front of him, then shifted his attention at Ye Eun, who was completely drawn into the song, as it was Junho singing it to her specifically. But she did not take to notice the change in Junho's smile at Ye Eun, one that he does not give to fans, but people special to him.


So when you feel like trying again
Reach out, take my hand
See how great it could be
To fall in love with someone you can trust

Who would never give up
Cuz you're all that he needs
Baby take a chance on me
Baby take a chance on, oh oh
Baby take a chance on me

"Thank you all! I hope you enjoyed my English song. Was it good, did I pronounce the lyrics right?" thanked Junho.

"Deh! Lee Junho manse!" chanted the audience.

Then Junho gave another sincere smile at So Eun, while he was packing up his guitar.

"So, was it good? Were you impressed So Eun-ssi?" asked Junho.

"WOW, LEE JUNHO, You were DAEBAK! Chincha! Of course I was, you really never fail to impress me or anyone because you are gifted with music." said So Eun, brightly.

"Thank you, So Eun-ah. I'm glad you came, but you were late!" exclaimed Junho.

"Ah mianhae, I was stuck in traffic. At least I showed up, or else you would kill me!" replied So Eun.

"At least you know the possible consequence." said Junho cooly.

Then Ye Eun ran towards the two and wrapped her right arm around Junho, as Junho put his arm on her waist; much to So Eun's discomfort, depsite knowing they are best friends. The tension between the three arises.

"Yah, Lee Junho, since when did you learn how to sing so well in English? You sang the lyrics so fluently for once!" said Ye Eun excitingly.

"Thanks Ye Eunnie, I have been practising hard!" said Junho.

"Is she a friend of yours Junho?" asked Ye Eun in suspicion.

"Ah yeah, this is Kim So Eun. She is studying in the acting major at Dongguk." said Junho.

"Annyeonghaesayo, I'm Kim So Eun, it is nice to meet you!" greeted So Eun kindly.

"Annyeong, I'm Park Ye Eun from the Wonder Girls. Junho's best friend." greeted Ye Eun.

"It is nice meeting you So Eun, I hope we can meet each other in future as friends. Junho, can we talk outside? Sorry to disturb you two..." asked Ye Eun courteously.

"No worries, you guys go on and talk. I'll see you next time Junho-ssi, and let's also be friends Ye Eun-ssi! Bye!" said So Eun, pretending to be happy, when she clearly was jealous of Ye Eun and Junho's close relationship and how she can talk to him with such ease.

"Thank you again for coming So Eun-ssi! I'll see you when I see you!" said Junho happliy, as he and Ye Eun head outside of the coffee shop, for a 'talk', which Junho knew it was going to be a serious talk, judging by the expression on his best friend's face.

...