The Special Two

Take A Chance On Me

Continued from the last chapter.

...

Hee Sun's Birthday Party

"Kids gather around! It is time for a game!" yelled So Eun, who was the emcee for her little dongsaeng's birthday party today.

"Neh!" screamed the children and ran into the living room from all different sections of the Kim residence.

"Unnie, what game are going to play?" asked Hee Sun cutely, with her friends clinging closely onto her. Junho and Kim Bum, who were sitting awkwardly on the couch next to each other, smiled at the cute sister of their So Eunnie.

"We are going to play a game where these two handsome oppas here will be blind-folded, and they will be given an object in a box, where they have to put their hands inside and feel what object it is." explained So Eun, as the two oppas in question both swallowed their saliva and stared at So Eun with looks expressing "You cannot be serious!". So Eun was giggling along with the children, and both Junho and Kim Bum looked at each other hopelessly. They were really trying to make an effort to get along.

"So, kids, you will have to divide into teams. Then you have to help your oppa guess what the object is. The winner will have a special prize! So choose wisely. Five kids on each team! Let's go!" said So Eun.

"Yah, I want to go on Junho oppa's team!"

"Aniyo, Kim Bum oppa is better!"

"But Junho oppa is from 2PM!"

"Yah, SHINee is better than 2PM!"

The kids continue to bicker and contemplate which team to go on, and the 'team leaders' were starting to gain a competitive urge. They were determined to win, not because of the special prize but because their pride was put on the line. They desperately wanted to impress So Eun.

"Okay! Now separate in your teams!" said So Eun.

"Hee Sun-ah, come to oppa. You know I am more handsome than him." stated Kim Bum, who nudged Junho roughly, making Junho surprised by the sudden action.

So that's how you want to play Kim Bum? I will not lose to you. Hee Sun will join my team! Junho thought to himself. 

"Mianhaeyo Kim Bummie oppa! I want to be on my 'Prince Charming' oppa's team! I love 2PM!" exclaimed Hee Sun, as she ran into Junho's arms.

"Yah...chincha. He has both of them now..." murmured Kim Bum quietly. Kim Bum was really annoyed by Hee Sun's actions, now his desire to win had heightened.

My Hee Sun went over to his side. I even lost my cute dongsaeng to him. I am not that hopeless! I must win. No matter what. Kim Bum thought to himself.

So Eun then returns from gathering the props and blind-folds from the storage, and the game is all set to begin.

"Now I will put the blind-folds on these two flower boys first." said So Eun, as she instinctively went to Junho's side first, fuelling Kim Bum's growing jealousy. He was so close to losing his cool, but he was giving it his all to hold his anger in. Only just.

"So Eun-ah, if I win...what 'special prize' will you give me?" whispered Junho, as he So Eun's soft hands with his hands slowly.

"Yah! Put your hands down! The children are watching..." said So Eun shyly, as she slapped Junho's hands away from hers.

"Arasso...my So Eunnie." said Junho in disappointment, as So Eun walks to Kim Bum's side.

"I will not lose to him again...at least in this game, you understand So Eun?" said Kim Bum seriously, catching So Eun off guard.

"Aigoo...you are always so competitive oppa..." said So Eun awkwardly, as she finishes tying the blind-fold on Kim Bum.

So Eun then places the cardboard boxes, with the mystery objects inside, in front of the two boys.

The first two objects were a octopus for Junho and a plastic frog for Kim Bum.

                       Junho                                                        Kim Bum

"1, 2, 3, put your hands in!" chanted So Eun and the children.

Junho and Kim Bum hands were shaking nervously as they placed their hands inside the box. Kim Bum was the first to initiate and grab onto his object immediately.

"AH! What is this?!" exclaimed Kim Bum in shock.

"OPPA! What are you doing! Go in for it!" demanded Hee Sun, as So Eun was happily watching her nervous boyfriend's hands tremble inside the box.

"Arasso Hee Sun! Here I go!" said Junho, who immediatley grabs onto the object but quickly takes his hands off from it, after he felt the slimey touch of the octopus.

"What on Earth is this?!" said Junho in confusion.

"Kids, is oppa's object something that lives in water or a pond?" asked Kim Bum cutely.

"Neh oppa!" answered his team.

"Oppa, then recieves another question." explained So Eun.

"Is it green?" asked Kim Bum, who had a smirk on his face because he knew he had this round in the bag.

"Neh!" said his team.

"Is it a frog?" asked Kim Bum again.

"Is it a frog? Yes it is! Round One is won by Kim Bum oppa's team! Oppa you are so smart!" complemented So Eun.

"Yah, I did not even get a shot!" complained Junho.

"Junho-yah, if you were quicker than you would have won! But our Kim Bummie oppa is just too sharp! Wait until the next round Junho!" said So Eun, which made Kim Bum chuckle at the expense of Junho, whose smile formed into a frown.

The game moves onto Round Two, with a bunny for Junho and a pineapple for Kim Bum.

           Junho                            Kim Bum

 

Junho guessed correctly on the first try, making him putting a little fist pump in the air, which made his team cheer on for him.

"LEE JUNHO OPPA MANSE! MANSE! OPPA FIGHTING!" chanted Junho's team, which made Kim Bum's facial expression darken.

"JUNHO TEAM FIGHTING!" cheered Junho himself.

"Jah, now we head into the final round just before our food and the birthday cake! The winner takes all, including the special prize. So who will win in the final battle?" said So Eun enthusiastically. 

"KIM BUM OPPA!"

"JUNHO OPPA!"

"MY PRINCE CHARMING OPPA"

"FIGHTING!"

So Eun then takes out the last two objects.

The final objects are a saucer of wasabi for Junho and pieces of sticky red bean jelly for Kim Bum.

              Junho                                Kim Bum

 

"Junho won the previous round, so it is his turn first." announced So Eun.

"Junho? First question please." asked So Eun kindly, as Junho rubs his hands onto the wasabi.

"Ah...is it something you can use for art?" asked Junho, making So Eun and the children laugh at Junho's 'far off' answer.

"Aniyo! How can you be so clueless Junho oppa?" exaggerated Hee Sun.

"I am trying Hee Sun-ah!" said a defensive Junho.

"Okay, Kim Bum oppa, it is your turn." said So Eun.

"Is it something you can eat?" asked Kim Bum.

"NEH! IT IS SOMETHING YOU REALLY LIKE TO EAT OPPA!" said Kim Bum's team.

"Is it something sweet?"

"YES!"

"Ah...I know now. Is it possibly mochi?" asked Kim Bum with confidence.

"AISH ANIYO!" yelled the children in anger, which made Kim Bum feel slightly overwhelmed.

"You were so close oppa! Okay, Junho it is your turn! Do not ruin this chance dear!" said So Eun.

"Is this something that you eat with Japanese food?" asked Junho, which made Hee Sun let out a cute fist pump in the air.

"YES!" said Hee Sun and her friends.

"Is it what you eat with your sushi?"

"NEH OPPA! IT IS SOMETHING YOU EAT WITH SUSHI!" exclaimed the children.

"Is it...pickled ginger?" asked Junho weakly.

"ANIYO! OPPA! YOU REALLY ARE DUMB!" yelled an upset Hee Sun.

"Aigoo, how can you not get it Junho!" teased So Eun.

"Yah, I know what mine is," said Kim Bum.

"Is it...red bean jelly?"

"YES OPPA! DAEBAK! WE WON!" screamed the children, which made Kim Bum cheer as well.

" IT LEE JUNHO! I FINALLY BEAT YOU! ARE YOU PROUD SO EUNNIE?!" yelled an overly excited Kim Bum, who took off his blind-fold.

Junho then reluctantly takes off his blind-fold, only to see Hee Sun staring at him with her evil eyes, which made him shiver in fright.

"Congratulations, Kim Bum-ssi." said Junho, as he let out his hand for Kim Bum, which Kim Bum rejected immediately.

"Tsk, I am too good for you. If only some people can see that..." said Kim Bum, while looking at So Eun, who tried to avoid eye contact with him.

"Neh, Kim Bum oppa's team wins! Your prize will be revealed later! Now let's go and eat some food!" said So Eun nervously.

Hee Sun then leaves Junho's side and jumps onto Kim Bum's back. This made Junho feel humiliated after losing the game to that oppa of his girls and being ditched by the one who's the birthday girl.

"Kim Bum oppa, you are so cool! I should have joined your team! Junho oppa is so bad at games!" said Hee Sun, which made Junho feel the urge to push Hee Sun off Kim Bum's back.

At that moment, a hand pulled Junho back. It was his So Eun's hand.

"Aigoo, Junho, you are so cute when you are jealous. I still like you even when you may not have your most intelligent moments...but how can you do so bad? It was obviously wasabi, and out of all things you guessed ginger?! Pabo-yah..." said So Eun while tugging onto Junho tightly.

"Yah! It was not that obvious okay! How would I know? I do not feel the texture of wasabi everyday! Aish..." said an annoyed Junho, as he flung So Eun off him like a child.

"Arasso, let's go and eat...you little choding." teased So Eun.

So Eun drags Junho to the kitchen table like a puppy.

...

Birthday Cake

The lights turn off in the house, and sparkling lights appear as Mr. and Mrs. Kim bring out the extravagant birthday cake for Hee Sun.

(Strawberry Mousse Cake)

Junho then enters the living room with his guitar and begins to sing along with everyone.

Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday to my cute Hee Sun.

Happy birthday to you!

The children all cheer for Hee Sun, and So Eun gives her little dongsaeng twelve soft punches following their traditional birthday ritual.

Kim Bum gives his gift to Hee Sun, and kisses Hee Sun on her two cheeks.

Then Mr. and Mrs. Kim gives their lucky youngest one a warm embrace and kisses, before going in the kitchen to prepare the plates and forks, with Kim Bum.

"Hee Sun-ah, would you like your Prince Charming oppa to sing a song for you?" asked Junho, as he sat in the seat previously occupied by Kim Bum, next to Hee Sun.

"Would you sing a song just for me oppa? Okay, yes please! Oppa can you please sing 'SAY YES'? It is my favourite!" asked Hee Sun happily.

"Arasso, just for my little Hee Sun." said Junho, as he begins to sing and play the introduction of his solo song.

It felt like destiny
Giving you a short glance (I’m serious)
I’ve never felt like this
Hey, what should I do?

If this is my only chance
Let’s make something of it (What should I do)
Repeating this simulation
My engines are racing
I want to say what’s on my mind
This feeling’s uncontainable

Telling you to your heart, I want to hold you, be my girl
Telling you to your heart, you’re mine, be my girl
SAY YES I want to hear you say it SAY YES I won’t let you go

"Happy birthday, Hee Sun-ah." said Junho, as he gives Hee Sun a kiss on her forehead and a light hug, which made Hee Sun strangle him in the end.

"Thank you Junho oppa! I forgive you from making our team lose now." thanked Hee Sun.

"Umma, appa! How good is my Junho oppa? Isn't he the best?" asked Hee Sun, making Junho embarassed which made So Eun feel proud of her boyfriend.

"Aigoo, Hee Sun-ah, aren't you lucky to have such a talented oppa like Junho? Junho-ah, you are really a musician! I am falling in love with your voice too!" said Mrs. Kim nicely, which made Kim Bum's facial expression darken at her compliment to Junho. Junho-ah?! I thought she was not fond of him...Kim Bum thought to himself.

"Thank you, Mrs. Kim...." said Junho awkwardly.

"Arasso, Hee Sun-ah, Junho-ssi, Kim Bummie, So Eun-ah, kids, let's all eat cake! Happy birthday to my little daughter once again! Enjoy!" said Mr. Kim, as everyone gathered around the kitchen to eat their pieces of birthday cake.

...

After the guests left

After So Eun gave Kim Bum's team from the game their special prizes - assorted handmade macaroons, they bid farewell and thanked the guests for coming to the party. The guests, including Kim Bum have left the party with happy faces, well for most. The party was enjoyed by everyone, even Kim Bum offered a smile or two, showing So Eun's success in organising. Hee Sun had gone to bed quickly after her guests leave, as the birthday girl herself is exhausted from playing all day. She was over the moon because all her friends and her two handsome oppas celebrated her special day with her. She loved the fact that her Junho oppa had sung her favourite song too. Mr. and Mrs. Kim have returned to their room for some rest, as the next day they will be flying out to yet another business trip. This leaves So Eun and Junho, who were in the kitchen cleaning the leftover mess from the party.

"Junho, thank you for coming to Hee Sun's birthday today. You prepared so much today. A gorgeous present, a song and even your humour too. I'm so thankful, chincha." said So Eun sincerely.

"It was my pleasure. Hee Sun is your dongsaeng, so she is my dongsaeng too. I had a lot of fun today, even when you were being harsh on me..." said a sulky Junho, who wrapped his arms around So Eun's waist.

"Aigoo, how was I harsh?" asked So Eun innocently.

"You called me stupid for not guessing wasabi correctly, and...you were clinging onto your dearest Kim Bummie oppa all the time!" exclaimed a jealous Junho, which made So Eun pinch his cheeks.

"Yah, but you really were a pabo! How could you not get that answer? Well you were funny at least! I was not!" defended So Eun.

"I was trying to be funny! I am not a pabo! Yes you were!" said Junho.

"Aish, arasso. Fine you are not a pabo. Then, how can I make it up to you?" asked So Eun.

"Well, you can make me a hot chocolate with chewy marshmellows to warm my heart up... Then I will think about forgiving you." said Junho.

"Alright then, I will make us both hot chocolates, then I am going to sleep and you will have to leave arasso?" said So Eun.

"Yah, you want me to leave so quickly?" asked Junho.

"Aniya, I am just tired okay?" said So Eun.

"Arasso, I will wait for you in the patio." said Junho, as he headed outside the living room.

...

Junho's POV

What a night. I am really exhausted, as is my So Eun. Hee Sun had the best birthday of her life, or so she says. She had an awesome time with her friends and with So Eun and I....also Kim Bum. Speaking of that guy, he really does have issues when seeing me. But I do not blame him at all, though he could have been more, I do not know...interactive and happy? It was Hee Sun's birthday, who loves him like a biological oppa, so I expected him to make more of an effort instead of fighting and ignoring my existance. Well, at least Hee Sun was happy, So Eun was happy, Mr. and Mrs. Kim were happy; then I am happy.

"Junho-ah, one hot chocolate for you,"

"And one for me!" So Eun really is the best girlfriend. She has worked extremely hard today, from morning until late at night. Definitely wife material...what?!

"Thanks So Eun-ah. Mmm, it smells good!"

"It does doesn't it? Do you know why?" she asked. Oh, I know where she is heading...

"Because you made it of course my darling!" Tsk, out-cheesed her this time.

"That's my man!" said So Eun, who suddenly kisses me on the lips.

"Yah..."

"I never done this to you before. You are always the one who kisses the milky foam off my lips!" said So Eun. That was a true fact. It has been a long while though. I've missed that feeling.

"Childish So Eunnie...but I still like it."

"Junho, you know we will be graduating next year from Dongguk..." said So Eun.

"Yeah, I am aware of that. It has been so fast...why?" I asked, wonder why she is mentioning this matter...

"Well, I figured I need to start gaining more experience in acting..."

"Of course, that is inevitable. You should start looking at some scripts from your professors." I replied. So Eun is talking seriously now, she always does whenever we talk about her studies and future career. She is going to be one successful actress in the near future, I know it.

"That is the thing, I have already-"

"YOU GOT A ROLE IN A DRAMA ALREADY?!" Ah, this is daebak! I am so proud of my So Eunnie.

"Aniya, not so fast! My professor just offered me a script to a drama from MBC and the audition is early next month...I just wanted to tell you, because I am so excited for it!" said So Eun happily.

"Aigoo, that is still the same! Early next month? So fast! I am so proud of you So Eun!" I really am proud of her, she works so hard at Uni and she does everything at the best of her ability. Hardwork is one of the pinnacles of acting, in anything really.

"Thank you Junho-ah. I hope I can do well!" said So Eun, as I pull her in for a tight embrace.

"You will do well, I know it. I will support you every step of the way. I can even ask Chansung to guide you! Chansung just finished his first drama." I said.

"I don't know what I would do without you Junho. Sure, I would love Chansungie's help." said So Eun, who then let out a yawn. She is cute when she yawns. My poor girl is very tired, as I see her eyes becoming red.

"So Eun-ah, you should go and get some sleep. I can tell that you are really tired. You woke up so early this morning too. I need to head home too, I have early schedule tomorrow..." I said, as So Eun tightened her grip on me.

"Junho, don't go now...let's go upstairs to my bedroom." offered So Eun sleepily. Um, dear, we can...another time. I'm so tired...

"You...want me to stay the night? Hee Sun and your parents are here though..."

"Yah, Lee Junho, I did not mean it like that! You are such a dirty minded bastard! I just wanted you to see my room and put me to bed!" Oh, so that is what she was thinking...That's right, my So Eun is innocent...well sort of.

"Oh, arasso. Mianhae...it is late at night and my mind is not completely here...Okay, let's go then So Eunnie." I said, as So Eun took my hand and led me upstairs to her room.

We slowly walk up the stairs with minimal noise, because So Eun's family is already asleep so we don't want to disturb them. I take light steps behind So Eun, but I feel a little nervous because I have never seen her room before...Those thoughts are getting to me...Not now Junho, not this time.

We reach So Eun's room and she opens the door.

"So, this is my room."

Her room is spacious with peachy rose coloured walls, flowing white curtains and white furniture. So Eun's room gives me that warm, sweet, home-like comfort; something that I never felt before. I liked it.

"Wow, So Eun, your room is just like what I had imagined. Sweet, peachy, elegant interior with comfortable looking furniture...It feels nice in here."

"Thank you, Junho. I had it like this since I was young, and I never really felt like renovating it. It suits me doesn't it?" asked So Eun. Every inch of it, So Eun.

"It truly does. As I stepped in here, I already felt your presence. It really is your room." I said.

"Arasso, I am just going to take a quick shower, so can you wait for five minutes?" asked So Eun.

"No worries, I will wait for you my So Eunnie. Should I just sit here?" I said, as I point to one of the white cushioned seats.

"Aniyo, you can just lay on top of my bed. Don't worry, I need to wash the sheets anyway." offered So Eun. I have not imagined that I would be in her room, laying on her bed like this.

"Arasso, go and clean up then." I said, as So Eun gathered her pyjamas and toiletries into the bathroom.

I walk around her room, to browse around.

Her wardrobe was large and her study desk was very neat and tidy, as I expected from a girl like So Eun. 

Then, I suddenly notice her set of photos hung up on the wall.

There were four photos. One with her parents from her childhood, where she looked so pretty with those chubby cheeks. The second was with Hee Sun, when Hee Sun was just born. Cute, sisterly love. The third one was with her chingu Shin Hye, when they were in high school. However, the fourth one was with...her Kim Bummie oppa. They were tugging onto each other so tightly in this photograph, which made them look like a couple. I understand that they are childhood best friends like how Ye Eun and I are but the one thing that bothers me, is that Kim Bum still holds deep feelings for her. I am somewhat uncomfortable about that....and where was our photograph? Don't tell me she does not have one of us two hung up somewhere in her beautiful bedroom...

I walk around to the other side of the room to see her other photographs, however there weren't any of the two of us. There were just more photographs with Shin Hye and her other friends, but mostly with Kim Bum yet again. I cannot believe this! I have several photo frames placed on every piece of furniture in my bedroom! As I start to browse through her dressing table and other furniture for our photographs, I hear the water turning off. She is coming out! I better get back in position!

I jump on So Eun's bed frantically and shuffle my way onto one side of the bed. Should I lay on the side? Faced up? Faced down? Sit up? Ah, ottoke?!

I decide to lay on my side, with my arm perfectly placed to hold my head. Yes, this is the coolest way, because all the hyungs lay like this.

So Eun then opens the bathroom door, so I close my eyes shut, pretending to sleep.

"Junho? Are you sleeping?" asked So Eun, as she my hair.

I give no response.

"Junho-ah? Nuneo? You really have fallen asleep..."

"Junho, I still remember how you fell asleep in my car that night after dinner at the French restaurant," She still remembers that night? I have never forgotten about it.

"But you have lost weight since then. Your face is thinner." It has? So Eun really pays attention to detail.

"I still think you are more handsome even with a sleepy, bare face like right now." said So Eun.

I suddenly feel her soft, tender lips onto mine. Oh, So Eun is a naughty girl for stealing kisses while a man is 'asleep'. She is going to get it now!

I then grab onto her waist and pulled her next to me, which made her jump in surprise.

"Shh...just stay like this So Eun-ah. Come closer..."

"Yah! I thought you were sleeping?" said So Eun, who gives me a light punch onto my chest.

"I was, until a little naughty woman decided to seduce the lips of a sleeping man." I teased, as her cheeks wickly turned into that bright rosy colour. I can never get enough of this, of her.

"I did not! But you were not even sleeping..." she replied shyly. I love it when she is shy like this, it makes her completely opposite to her normally suave character.

"Yes you did!"

"Aniyo, you were dreaming!"

This is it, enough of this childish arguing. I know exactly what she wants.

I crash my lips onto hers and I start to kiss her tenderly and passionatly. However, before our kiss got even deeper, I pull away from her.

"Hah, I know what you wanted from your childish bickering So Eunnie. So dirty minded!" I teased.

"Yah! I am not!" she defended. She is still going. We are such a stubborn couple.

"Arasso, now that you got your goodnight kiss, sweet dreams and go to sleep. I really need to go now. It is 2am now." It is already so late, I am very exhausted too. I also have early recording tomorrow morning at 7, so I need to get back to the dorms, or else the members will be worried.

"Okay, I will sleep now. Thank you for everything today. Get home safely Junho-ah." said So Eun, who just let out a yawn.

"It was my pleasure. It was my job to come anyway. I will. Goodnight my So Eunnie." I said, as I kiss So Eun's forehead.

"So Eun? So Eunnie?" She must be asleep...

"Sweet dreams, my precious." I whispered in her ear, then I hop off her bed.

I walk towards her desk, and I see a stack of sticky notes in the corner.

Let's write her a little note, since she fell asleep on me. Aigoo, that girl.

So Eunnie,

Let's go on a trip together to visit my hometown in Ilsan, so we can take many photos to replace some of those ones you hung up with Kim Bum-ssi.

<3 Always, 

Junho.

I place the note on the dressing table and I glance at my sleeping princess once again, before taking my leave from the Kim residence.

I think it is time for So Eun to meet my family in Ilsan. I have a holiday break coming up, and I plan to go and visit my halmoni and nuna. So, I think I am ready to take So Eun there to see them. We can have some fun on the trip, see my old neighbourhood, take photos to hang on her wall and stay in the house that I bought for halmoni and nuna.

It would really mean a lot for me to bring her to meet my family.

I hope she will come with me.

...