New Beginnings

Take A Chance On Me

Junho surrenders to her once again. No matter how hard he has forced himself to resist her, in the end, he still failed to do so. Her bright-eyed expressions, her innocent smile, the rosy complexion of her cheeks and her sweet scent creates her irresistible, angelic aura that has slowly captured Junho's heart. His attraction to her has grown into an addiction, one that he can no longer survive without. So Eun, likewise, is now finally prepared to open her feelings towards Junho out in front of him, so she can convince him that those feelings that they share can no longer be avoided. Staying true to themselves, and also to each other will give them the result that they both have been longing for.

...

Driving to the restaurant

"Wow, I never knew that you drove a car like this! Daebak!" yelled Junho, who was truly shocked that So Eun had driven a luxury sports car, that was even more impressive than his own.

"You are in luck Junho-yah. You are the first guy to ride in my car. " said So Eun coolly.

"Ey, chincha? I don't believe you...not even Kim Bum-ssi?" asked Junho. Aish, are you stupid! How could you mention his name right now?, Junho thought to himself.

"Kim Bum oppa...does not trust my driving." said So Eun bluntly, who's giddy expression had darkened to a more serious one; which  was immediately noticed by a guilty Junho.

"So Eun-ah, mianhae. I did not mean to bring his name up... I know that you are still upset over him." said an apologetic Junho.

I'm upset because of you, not Kim Bum oppa...So Eun thought to herself.

After a short while, the two had arrived at the French restaurant called "L'Escargot Blanc" in Gangnam.

...

Eating dinner together at L'Escargot Blanc

The restaurant was full of people, typical of a Friday night. The lighting was slightly dim, with candles placed on the tables; that had rose petals scattered in the centre and also there were several voilinists along with a trio of young male vocalists playing and singing serenades for each individual table. The setting was absolutely dazzling, creating a romantic atmosphere that all couples wish for. This had made Junho pleasantly impressed and excited to be dining in such beautiful decor, especially with So Eun.

"This place is amazing isn't it?" So Eun asked Junho, while slowling slipping her arm into his, for the second time, making Junho even more flustered.

"It is...truly amazing." Like you So Eun-ah, Junho whispered to himself.

"Can we please have a table for two?" So Eun asked the waitress.

"Sure, please come through. You two really match well by the way." said the waitress.

"Ah yeah...thank you." replied Junho shyly, whose body was still very tensed while having So Eun tugging onto his arm.

"Wah, isn't this romantic?" asked So Eun, while lifting the rose petals off the table, then dropping them gracefully like an innocent, little girl.

"Of course, this is what you get in a fine dining French restaurant like this. You must always eat in places like these right?" asked Junho curiously.

"Aniyo, I don't really dine in places like these often. Just once in a while, as I prefer to eat in family restaurants or in street shops. I like the welcoming feeling you get from those kind of places..." said So Eun. In all honesty, as she did enjoy dining in these restaurants, but she appreciates the flavours and hard effort that those ahjummas put into their food.

"Oh, so you are not that high maintenance after all. Driving a Mercedes, dining in expensive French restaurants..." joked Junho.

"Yah, I am not like that. You should know how down-to-earth I am by now right?" asked So Eun seriously.

"I know, you are one of the most down-to-earth people I know. I am just joking So Eun-ah." replied Junho. So Eun, why are you so sensitive? I have to be more careful don't I then? Junho thought to himself.

"Arasso, next time we meet, I will take you to the best food market and we can eat all those home-like foods that you love. Sound good to you?" asked Junho. Omo, did he just ask me out on a date already?! So Eun thought in excitement, bringing a large smile to her face, making Junho to become embarasses by his words.

"Excuse me, may I take your order?" interrupted the waiter.

"Ah yes please. I would like to have the Set C thank you." ordered So Eun.

"I'll have the same please." ordered Junho, who did not even take a glance at the menu, because he was too immersed in his conversation with So Eun.

"Would you like any wine or champagne for tonight?" asked the waiter.

So Eun then looked at Junho, who was nodding with a shy grin on his face. Shyness, is what Junho rarely shows to anyone. So Eun is well and truly bringing all sides of Junho that no one, not even himself has discovered.

"Can we please have a bottle of your recommended red wine?" asked So Eun.

"Sure, won't be a moment." said the kind waiter.

"Do you like drinking red wine Junho?" asked So Eun.

"I do actually, but I can't take too much of it. I get tipsy easily. How about you So Eun?" asked Junho, who really was not the best drinker.

"I can drink a whole bottle with no struggle whatsoever!" exclaimed an excited So Eun, whose eyes had brightened up with the thought of drinking her beloved red wine.

"Yah, that is impressive! Are you lying to me? I would like to see you try!" dared Junho.

"Call! You just watch me Lee Junho!" yelled So Eun.

"Excuse me, here is our recommended red wine." said the waiter.

"Yay! Thank you! Also, can we have our course come together? I am rather starving tonight..." said a giddy So Eun, while the waiter pours the wine into her glass.

"Thank you too." said a considerate Junho.

"Your courses will be coming shortly. I hope you enjoy our wine." said the waiter, who had finally left the two.

The two were now slowly drinking their glasses of wine, as silence had returned between them, as the waiter had left them.

"So Junho...why were you and Chansung at the hospital?" asked So Eun, who finally broke the awkward silence.

"Oh, we were just visiting Ye Eunnie who was ill and had a chronic fever a few days ago." said Junho. Ye Eunnie again? So Eun thought, while reminding herself that Junho and Ye Eun are still together.

"So that how it is. Is she feeling better?" asked So Eun with a sense of jealousy.

"Deh, she is feeling better and should be discharged in a day or two." said Junho.

"Well, that is good to hear. You must be happy that she will be discharged soon." said So Eun bluntly.

"So Eun-ah, it is not like that....Ye Eun and I broke up because she wanted us...to return to being best friends." confessed Junho. Look how uncomfortable you made him! Why do you have to let your jealousy take over? And stop acting relieved that they have seperated! You really can be a So Eun! So Eun thought to herself, while trying to maintain a concerned face.

"So, about your call last week..." said Junho nervously.

"Oh that phone call..." said So Eun weakly, who was struggling with her words.

"So Eun-ah, I will finally admit it. I like you a lot, too the point that I cannot be selfless anymore," said Junho, who then took a deep breath. "...but I hope that we could take it slow. Not rushing too fast into anything... Don't they say that timing is everything?" Junho's heart was beating so fast that his words had studdered into a mumble. I finally confessed to her, after all this time, after how much pain and denial we went through...I did it! Junho thought to himself with a feeling of accomplishment, something that he should have done and felt much earlier.

Junho's sudden confession made So Eun's cheeks blush hard into a bright red complexion. Her heart was now beating twice as hard as before, to the point she felt her insides dancing in so much happiness that she almost let out a giggle. Restrain yourself, he likes you, he finally confessed, so you can breathe now. So Eun whispered to herself.

"I completely understand where you are coming from. I feel the same too, but can I ask for one thing?" said So Eun, who had finally calmed down from her sudden outburst of shock and also joyfulness.

"Of course, anything for you So Eun-ah." said Junho kindly.

"Can you not avoid me anymore? If you keep on avoiding me, it would just build more awkwardness between us. I really hate us being so awkward toward each other." said So Eun forwardly. She was always so clear and forward with her words, bringing out her honest and pure thoughts without much hesistation. This is why Junho has been so infatuated with her, since the first time their eyes had met on that night at the coffee shop.

"I won't avoid you anymore because I hate that awkward feeling too. And I haven't been honestly, because I have just been busy these few days". said Junho.

"Busy with Ye Eun-ssi..." murmered So Eun.

"Yes, I have been visiting her often, but I have had so many schedules to attend to. So it is not like that. Ye Eun and I are really over as a couple, because she insists on going back to how we used to be. But it is mainly because she realised that I did not love her that way anymore, because the one I truly---" said Junho truthfully before the waiter had returned with their appetizers, right at the perfect  time once again.

"Sorry to interrupt, but here are your appetizers - Lobster and Prawn Oil Bisque and Garden salad with Sweet Onion French Dressing. For main course, Steak au poivre with duchess potatoes, both medium rare. Enjoy" said the waiter.

"Thank you. Wow, So Eun-ah you really know what to eat don't you?" said Junho, who was attempting to distract So Eun from asking him to finish his sentence, which was meant to be his second confession for the night. This was very fast progress in Junho's terms, as it took him twenty odd years to make his first confession...

"So what were you saying?" asked So Eun, ignoring Junho's question. She wanted to hear exactly what he wanted to say, despite her knowing that Junho is becoming hesitant in saying it.

"She, ah Ye Eun, wants me to stop denying my feelings for you So Eun. So please do not misunderstand me. I hate it when people misunderstand my intentions, especially you..." said Junho, giving So Eun the assurance that she has been craving from him for so long.

"I-I won't misunderstand you from now on Junho..." answered So Eun shyly, as the to proceed to eat their dishes quickly, to avoid talking about these heartfelt emotions while glancing at each other ever so frequently and also exchanging shy smiles to each other, making the other's heart rate increase rapidly. The atmosphere was gradually becoming hotter and hotter as their body temperatures heighten with the presence of each other, just like every young, blossoming couple should be.

The two then finished their dishes, as the waiter came to collect their plates and prepared to serve dessert.

"Dessert is served - Salted Caramel Macarons, Creme Brulee along with two Expresso shots." said the waiter.

"Oh wow, the dessert looks delicious! And the aromatic smell of that expresso, to die for! So Eun-ah, you really know my taste buds don't you now?" said Junho.

"I knew you liked sweet yet bitter foods, especially strong coffee like this. Eat up Junho-yah!" said So Eun excitedly.

The two then enjoyed their desserts with cheerful grins on their faces, like children eating cake for their birthday. Until Junho noticed the expresso mark on the side of So Eun's lip.

"Yah Kim So Eun, you really are a messy eater! You always manage to leave some marks on your face. So un-ladylike of you!" exclaimed Junho, while staring at So Eun's lips, gaining the temptation to use his tongue to remove the stain from the expresso.

"Yah Lee Junho, I am very ladylike thank you very much! I am always b in elegance!" joked So Eun, as Junho leaned closer over to her side of the table, and used his finger to wipe off the stain on the side of her pink, tender lips. Then the remains off his finger while shooting So Eun a dirty yet seductive look, like what he had done before, but with much more playfulness and confidence.

"Mmm, expresso..." said Junho with his sly smile.

"Yah, yah, yah! How can you be so...inappropriate?!" screamed So Eun, which had amused Junho to the point where he was now bursting in laughter.

"Arasso, mianhae So Eun nuna! Even when you clearly liked it...better the second time." joked Junho.

"Don't call me nuna! I am only three months older than you! So I am not that old...Let's take you home before I chop your head off by the end of the night!" yelled an annoyed So Eun.

"Arasso, So Eunnie!" said Junho playfully. He was just having too much fun teasing her, making him feel more at ease than before when he was...confessing to her.

They then arrive at the counter, where Junho starts to pull out his credit card from his wallet.

"Oh sorry Sir. This young lady had already taken care of the bill earlier. You are one lucky man tonight!" said the manager at the counter.

"Yah Kim So Eun!" yelled Junho in frustration.

"I knew you would want to pay, even when I insisted tonight was my treat. So I already handled it beforehand. It's your's next time!" said So Eun with a winning smirk on her face.

"Sneaky and stubborn woman you are. It is definitely mine next time!" exclaimed Junho, as the two head to So Eun's car, as they drive Junho back to his dorms.

...

On the car ride to 2PM's dorm

After ten minutes in the car on the way back to the 2PM dorms, Junho had already fallen into deep sleep due to his long, tiring day.

"Junho, are you asleep?" whispered So Eun, while admiring Junho's mesmerising facial features; his light, smooth skin, his long eye lashes, his perfectly curved chin along with his soft and straight fringe that fell toward the side of his forehead. So Eun could not resist the temptation to lace her fingers through Junho's hair, as she enjoyed every touch she made on his beautiful hair.

After another twenty minutes, the two had finally arrived at Junho's dorm.

"Junho-ah, wake up now. We are at the dorms..." said So Eun softly, as she his cheeks ever so lightly, as Junho's eyes opened.

"Oh we are here already? Sorry for sleeping on you like this... I am just really exhausted." said a sleepy Junho.

"Come on, you should go back and sleep. You are always so exhausted from overworking too much." said So Eun kindly.

The two then get out of So Eun's Mercedes, and walk slowly inside the building towards the elevator.

"So Eun-ah, thank you for tonight. I really had a great time with you tonight. I haven't had this much fun in a while..." said Junho. It was true that he had not experienced such fun recently, especially after the break up with Ye Eun and avoiding So Eun, which left him so emotionally drained.

"No worries Junho. I had lots of fun too! It is always fun with you! Now go in and sleep well!" said So Eun brightly.

"Arasso, goodnight So Eun-ah." said Junho, as he pulls So Eun in for a light hug before quickly pulling away and waves her goodbye. No more regrets So Eun, especially tonight. She thought to herself.

"Junho-yah, WAIT!" yelled So Eun.

"Oh?" Junho turns his head around before entering the elevator to see So Eun running toward him as she pulled him close to her and placed her lips softly onto his, kissing him gently before pulling away quickly, making both of them to blush madly.

"Sweet dreams, Junho-ssi." said So Eun with a delighted smile on her face. Skipping away in glee like an over-excited child is So Eun, making Junho chuckle a little who then entered the elevator with a huge grin on his face.

While going up to the his floor in the elevator, a shocked Junho places his finger on his lips and whispers to himself; Kim So Eun-ssi, why do you always have to sweep me off my feet with your forwardness?, as he continued to the image of So Eun's rosy complexion on her cheeks after her brief, yet sweet kiss. He loved it when her cheeks turned into her signature rosy colour when she blushes, especially for him.

On the other hand, So Eun who had ran toward her car was also acting like a crazy maniac in love, attracting many judgemental stares from others on the street. Oh my god, I really am crazy! How can I be so bold? That was not called 'taking it slow'...but I think he liked it too. She thought with a shy grin on her face, as she drove off into the starry night thinking that today was the best day of her life.

...

Will it still be: "Baby let's take it slow..." like how Taeyang sings it? They know themselves that they cannot 'go any slower' now after this romantic night...