Tolerance

Take A Chance On Me

On the way to the BBQ restaurant

Ye Eun's POV

Kim So Eun-ssi, you really do have Junho head over heels over you and I know this as a fact, so does Junho himself, probably your Kim Bum oppa does as well, but are you the only one that is oblivious to this? Or are you just in denial, guilty even? The way Junho gazed at her during the performance, the way he smiles at her, the way he gets jealous over the men around her...he really cares or her, probably more than me, as his girlfriend anyway. The sad thing is, he does not want to admit his feelings for her to me, because he is scared, terrified of hurting me. But Junho-ah, what you're doing to me now, not being truthful towards me is what hurts me the most. When I had kissed you earlier in front of her, you did not push away or show any embarrassment. That is not what a man should do to the woman he loves the most. Junho, I think I want to end this now, not because I can't bear you not loving me in that way anymore but the fact that you are just escaping from your true feelings... I am sorry, my best friend.

...

During supper with the JYP family

Everyone is enjoying this feast of beef, pork belly, soybean stew, kimchi pancake and a variety of side dishes, accompanied with Korean beer. There is an exciting celebratory mood at the table, with smiles everywhere, jokes made; with the highlight being the 2AM members picking on Chansung, because of his voice cracking on numerous occassions and even the rookie JJ Project boys were enjoying the feast despite being forced to grill and cut the meat for their sunbaes. 

However, despite all the members were drinking slowly, it was Ye Eun who was pounding on the alcohol rapidly, making Junho; himself a light drinker, very worried for his girlfriend.

"Aish, Ye Eunnie,  please slow down on the beer! You're already drunk and your vomiting phase is coming up real soon. Why do you always have to make me worried about you love!" exclaimed Junho, who was trying his best to sober her up a little.

"Yah Lee Junho, you are the one who is drunk! Don't you know I am a drinking machine?! I am completely sober haha. So don't you -" said a drunken Ye Eun, who could not finish her sentence and had immediately vomitted all over Junho's newly bought Armani shirt. However, after she exploded on Junho, she then fell into his left shoulder and was sunken into deep sleep. 

"Aish chincha! You really couldn't hold it in could you. Now I smell like beer and Korean beef mixed with kimchi! Daebak!" yelled an annoyed Junho.

"Haha, yah Junho, you poor pabo! Ye Eunnie totally lost it tonight, she's never this reckless!" joked Chansung.

"Woah, Junho-yah, you better go to the bathroom and wash all that vomit off! That is so gross, and the crazy girl is fast asleep! Well, say goodbye to your new shirt!" said an amused Yubin.

" Screw you guys! I'm a good boyfriend to allow my girl to yack all over me, and Yubin nuna, you are lucky I didn't turn onto you! Aish, how do I get this off!" But was he a good boyfriend? Letting her vomit on yourself is one thing, but letting her tolerate your inner feelings for another woman is another.

Junho then went to the bathroom to wash off all the vomit off is new shirt sadly, as he was pissed at his short being ruined. But what made him more angry, was that Ye Eun had lost control with the alcohol and did not listen to him to stop drinking. Something must be bothering her, but why can't she just tell me directly? He thought to himself with a worried expression. Finally he had got the remains off the shirt, but t was still very wet, so he just left with just his tank top underneath.

"Junho! You finally got that rank smell off your shirt! Let's cheer you up and have some fun. How about we play a game of 'Truth or Dare'?" said Taecyeon, in attempt to lighten the mood.

"Arraso, let's play then! But please keep it quieter, since this drunk one here is in her deep sleep, probably having dreams about me." Junho joked.

"Yah, try saying that to her when she wakes up! You would not be able to see another day of light!" said Nichkhun.

"Alright, enough teasing me. Wooyoung just spin the damn bottle!" yelled Junho.

Spin, spin, spin... The bottle falls to... Jun.K.

"Truth or dare?"

"I'm a trustworthy Daegu man aren't I? Truth!"

"Is it true that you have fallen for Fei nuna?" asked Wooyoung in curiosity, as the table responded with 'oooh's and whistles.

"Of course it's TRUE!" said an excited Jun.K who winked at a shy Fei.

Next was Taecyeon's turn, and as expected he chose dare.

"I dare you to run outside in the snow with your shirt off!" dared a playful Yubin.

"Challenge accepted!" exclaimed Taec, as he ripped off his shirt like a true beast and ran outside into the snow causing everyone to burst out in laughter.

Now it was finally Junho's turn, who's mood was lifted a little after Taec's stunt despite trying to be quiet in order to not disturb Ye Eun, who was still fast asleep on his shoulder.

"Is it true that you wrote a song for another woman?" whispered Jo Kwon, making Junho very nervous and shocked in response to Kwon's random question.

He had paused for a minute, before swallowing his saliva and taking a deep quiet breath... "Yes, that is true". This had made all the members gasp in their seats wit their mouths wide open in utter shock.

"Who is it? How can you possibly...?" asked eveyone quietly, cautious of waking Ye Eun up.

"She is just a friend. Yah, one question only!" said Junho nervously.

Thereafter, a few more playful truths and hilarious dares were made, with the best dares done by Jinwoon, who courageously went up to a pretty waitress and asked for her number; and JB, who was dared to kiss his 'favourite nuna' Jia a kiss on the cheek, which he did happily, leaving Jia slightly flustered. Then the gang left the restaurant and headed home, with Junho carrying a still drunken Ye Eun on his back.

...

Walking back home

Junho's POV

Tonight was fun, despite Ye Eunnie decided to get herself drunk and vomitted all over my new Armani shirt. Ye Eun was acting strange all night, at the performance; she did not look happy at all, and had boldly kissed me in front of everyone, in front of So Eun, and drinking so much alcohol... She was really unlike her usual composed self. I think she is upset, but at what exactly? At me? Did I do something to upset her?

Then I feel her fingers through my hair. She's finally awake!

"Junho love... Please put me down, I think I can walk now." I then placed her on her feet slowly, as she is still a little tipsy.

"Ye Eun-ah, are you okay? Do you feel uncomfortable anywhere?" I asked.

She didn't reply. Was she really sick or something? God, I am so worried for her.

"I am feeling very, very uncomfortable.." She then grabbed my hand and placed it in her chest right where her heart was. "...here". Was she hurting there badly? Did I ever mistreated you?

"Ye Eun, you're drunk, that's why you are feeling down right? Don't worry everything will be happy again tomorrow morning," I said, while caressing her hand. This was what I hope to be the reason for your pain. It is just because you are intoxicated...saying these words.

"Although I'm drunk, but I am still conscious. Junho-ah, I need to clarify something with you...and I am asking you this not as your girlfriend, but your best friend. Can we please end this here? Please Junho, let's stop forcing ourselves. I can't tolerate this anymore, I'm just so exhausted from...us being together." Oh my Ye Eun, you are not doing this right?

"No Ye Eun, please don't say these things, you are drunk, you don't mean it. I will not let those feelings break us apart and hurt you. Let's take a taxi home."  I said clearly.

"Yah! I may be drunk, but I am not weak, don't you know that?" She is definitely not weak, as she is the strongest and assertive woman I know.

"So Junho please understand, we have to let go of this relationship...it is unhealthy for the both of us. I know you love me Junho, and I will always love you too. But I think we need each other as best friends, not as partners now. I enjoyed our times together as a couple, and I will never forget them but basically, I felt nothing different from the way we used to be except for the skinship and making out..." explained a sobered up Ye Eun. Is that how you really feel Ye Eun, that our relationship is unhealthy? Is that the end? I am so sorry Ye Eun-ah, for hurting you like this and not even admitting to it.

"I'm not forcing myself Ye Eun, I've wanted us to be together since childhood..." It was the truth, I did want to be with Ye Eun since forever. But was I forcing myself? No, I had enjoyed being with her obviously, but I was forcing myself to deny my feelings for that one girl, So Eun.

"You're lying, you and I both know that. I know you Lee Junho, better than you know yourself. You love me as your best friend not as a lover anymore. You love So Eun... I've noticed that your body is with me, but your mind and heart is with her. But I held it in for all this time, and I can't tolerate it anymore. Let's break up Junho-yah." said Ye Eun, who was now in tears, making me cry bitterly as well.

"I won't take this seriously. You are not your usual self, you may regret this and so would I. Let me send you home safely first" I insisted, as the taxi arrived.

"I am serious Junho. Believe it or not, but I am sincere about breaking up. It is for the best, for you. I can get home myself, I am not drunk anymore. Please give me some space and time, I think you need it too. Goodnight Junho...and I'm sorry." then she slammed the door as the taxi drive off, away from me.

Did she just break up with me? Is this the end? Ye Eun, you cannot be serious. Do you think breaking up would solve my feelings for So Eun while your heart is tearing apart because of me? So Eun is with Kim Bum... So we can't be together, and I am not ready to be with her. Ye Eun-ah, why are you always so selfless?

...

Could Junho now open up his feelings for So Eun, who is already taken? Despite being sad and guilty for pushing Ye Eun to her limits? Lee Junho has just added fuel to his longing confusion for his leading women...