Happy Love Songs, Happy People?

Take A Chance On Me

Tonight is performance night at 'Saint Pierre's', where 2PM will be holding a special stage for their return to Seoul. The members will be performing a few popular love ballads, of course acoustically for the students; including a cover of 2AM's 'I Can't Let You Go Even If I Die', their own ballad; 'I Can't' and the 'Jun Bro's' will be performing a duet version of Jason Mraz' 'I'm Yours'. The students at Dongguk are all looking forward to 2PM's special stage, as many students have never seen the group perform live, let alone acoustic. The members are also excited to perform on such an intimate stage for the first or second time, with Junho the exception; as he has performed on several occasions previously at the coffee shop. With most of the JYP nation spectating in the audience, it is a further motivation for the members to showcase their natural and impressive vocal abilities in a small space.

...

At the performance

"Hello fellow students, we are 2PM!" greeted the members brightly.

"Tonight, we will be holding a special stage, performing a few songs that fall into the "Love Songs" theme. There will also be an exclusive performance by our very own 'Jun Brothers', covering a well known English song. Please enjoy our performance tonight, and please give us plenty of love and support!" introduced Taecyeon, the member who always seeks to speak in public.

"Our first song is a cover of our brothers of 'One Day', 2AM's 'I Can't Let You Go Even If I Die'."

The members are seated in one row across the centre of the stage, but with Nichkhun playing on the piano and Junho, on the classical guitar yet again, after they tune the instruments and warm up their voices through a short harmony, their begin to sing the song.

Even though I'm young, the pain is the same

Just because I don't know the world very well

Doesn't mean that  I don't know pain

Why do you lie, saying it'll be okay?

How will my heart that hurts this much

Be healed so easily?

How will I live without you?

That's why I

Can't let you go, even if I die

How am I suppose to let you go?

Whether you go or leave, fix my heart

As the members enter the chorus with Jun.K, it finishes with Junho. Before Junho's part begins, he stares at So Eun; who is directly in front of him, sitting with Kim Bum next to her, holding her hand tight; then he drifts his eyes over to his Ye Eun, who is sitting with the rest of the JYP Nation in the back corner. Then he closes his eyes and begins to sing.

If you can't fix it so that I won't be in pain

So that I can at least live

I wouldn't be able to live anyway

Junho then open his eyes, and flutters twice before completely glares into So Eun's sorrowful eyes, with his signature burning passion.

I can't let you go, even if I die

Junho finally drew his attention away from So Eun, realising how immersed he was in singing those previous lines. How can I let off my guard once again? How can I stare at her so...deeply? She is with Kim Bum now, not you Lee Junho. End this now, he thought to himself.

After the third verse, the chorus is repeated. Although this time, following Jun.K's part; which he had sung very emotionally himself, causing the audience's eyes to become teary, Junho completely ignored So Eun, who was dissapointed, as Junho failed to look at her. What, is he ignoring me now? He was singing for me before, and now his eyes wonder off to Ye Eun-ssi. He is cruel, but aren't I even more cruel that he is? She quietly thought to herself.

Then Wooyoung begins to sing the bridge with his husky voice and a growing downhearted expression. He is of course directing his lyrics towards his love, Suzy, who was not even making eye contact with the poor boy, having eyes only for his best friend, yet again.

We went through so much time together

How are you telling me to live by myself now?

I can't do that, I can't

After Wooyoung finished the bridge, in perfection of course because he is the vocalist that JYP himself regards as the most reliable, the whole group begin to sing the ending chorus, in harmony and unison. With Jun.K taking on the ad-lib, maknae Chansung showcasing his much improved falsetto, Nichkhun and Taecyeon harmonising with their lower and soft voices to the lyrics sung by Wooyoung and Junho. 

 

Can't let you go, even if I die

How am I suppose to let you go?

Whether you go or leave, fix my heart

If you can't fix it so that I won't be in pain

So that I can at least live

I wouldn't be able to live anyway

I can't let you go, even if I die

The song concluded beautifully, as the audience was left in awe from the mesmerizing voices of their beloved 2PM, the members were also slightly emotional as a result of such an emotional response from the audience. Some were flattered and impressed, some were shocked by the way the members had sung; almost as good as the original and most were in tears from the performance. Among those who were emotionally affected by the song are Ye Eun, who was currently in a very emotional frame of mind, and was not smiling but draining her face with tears of sadness. Why was she like this? She always has the habit to be dawn to Junho's sweet, angelic voice; but this time, she by all means, did not appear to be happy.

On the other hand, So Eun, who was still under the tight grip of her Kim Bum oppa, was struggling to keep her composure because she was also getting a little emotional. However, she tried her best in not allowing those slight drops of water in her round, glazing eyes become raindrops of tears as she did not want her oppa to be worried.

"Thank you everyone! Did you like our cover of 2AM's famous love song?" asked the members.

"Deh, 2PM fighting!" replied the audience in a toned down response.

"Now, for our last performance tonight, our very own 'Jun Bro's' are making their comeback on the stage with a cover of 'I'm Yours' by Jason Mraz. Give them some support, Jun Bro's fighting!"

"Annyeonghaesayo, we are 2PM's charming 'Jun Bro's! Please enjoy our version of 'I'm Yours'!" said Junho and Jun.K.

The two then begin to sing the first verse, with Junho starting, then leading onto Jun.K's part. As the chorus begigns, Junho's eyes gave So Eun's a dashing glare, accompanied by his killer eye smile which made So Eun's whole body tremble rapidly. However this time Junho's actions were too obvious that it was inevitable that Ye Eun would have noticed. Indeed she did, with much jealousy and despair, she had focused her attention at Junho to watch how his expression changes whenever he stared at So Eun and how So Eun tries her very best to control her emotions in front of her boyfriend, so was still holding her in a tight embrace. Lee Junho, please don't do this to me, you have to be true to yourself and I, your best friend; so please stop forcing me to do something, I may not be able to hold it in any longer... Ye Eun thought to herself.

As the 'Jun Bros' sing in perfect harmony until the song finishes, the audience is once again fully immersed into the song with sweet, happy smiles all round. This was really another flawless performance by the two best vocalists in 2PM, but the fact that the song was sung in English, it gave the fans and friends another reason to cheer about.

"Thank you fellow students! That is the end of 2PM's 'Love Song Special' at Saint Pierre, we hope to see you all again soon! We love you all!" said Jun.K vividly.

Just as the two began to pack their instruments and music sheets, So Eun suddenly jumped out of her seat; breaking the tight embrace of her Kim Bum oppa, and then threw her arms around Junho who was still sitting in his chair, packing his things. 

"Junho-yah! You really are gifted! Your voice, your stage presence, your emotional expression... you are just truly amazing." squealed So Eun, who had given up on pretending to be cool, had fully changed into her fan-girling mode; arousing Junho's inner excitement of seeing her holding him tightly.

"Ah yeah, thank you So Eun-ssi. I am glad that you enjoyed it... But can you please loosen your grip on me, because I'm almost suffocating dear." said the always composed Junho, who was conscious of Kim Bum, who had darkened his facial expression, shooting a death glare at Junho. So Eun-ah, I'm grateful for you liking the songs, but is it a good idea to hug me like this in front of your jealous boyfriend? Junho thought to himself, as he slowly pulled away from So Eun.

Just as he pulled away from the girl, his other girl; his girlfriend, ran up onto the stage with Fei, who was walking towards Jun.K. 

"Ye Eun did you ---" Before Junho had finished his sentence, Ye Eun; who was holding an intense and serious expression did not say anything at all, just suddenly pulled Junho close towards her with the collar of his cashmere sweater, and placed her lips on his and began to kiss him passionately and with power. This sudden action by the usually calm, cool and collected Ye Eun had completely suprised Junho, who although is in total shock but gives in voluntarily of course but it was So Eun who had the biggest shock. So Eun just stood in her place, right next to the two love birds who were kissing each other with such force and passion, as she was speechless and was unable to move her body because of the shock that was crumbling her heart like pastries. Then Kim Bum finally grabbed So Eun by the waist with force and dragged her away from the scene that had devastated her at an instance, leading her to the parking lot to escape from this place and Junho. 

"So Eun-ah, let's go now, I think you have seen enough my love. I'll take you home..." said Kim Bum, who was trying to maintain his inner anger from exploding at his precious So Eun. But as the two reached at the car, So Eun impulsively pushes Kim Bum onto his car with force and grips onto his broad shoulders tightly, then moving her face slowly towards his. So Eun then stares into her oppa's nervous eyes, before placing her lips onto his, just as hard and passionate as she was exposed to five minutes earlier with Junho and Ye Eun. Kim Bum reluctantly remains still in his position, kissing So Eun back with every touch full of the desire he has had for her since childhood. He knew she was torn, depressed and fueled with jealousy and had felt guilty of taking advantage of her current insecurity, but he just enjoyed this moment regardless, as he knows that these moments may not occur for much longer.

...