Realisation

Take A Chance On Me

 

Junho, along with Jun.K, Taecyeon and Jinwoon, are all almost finished their compositions, with a day to go until the due date, they are going through the editing process. The boys are satisfied with their respective songs, but as this is the first assignment of their course, they are nervous for the results. Will they be successful? Will they recieve decent marks? Or will the professor like their styles of music? These were the questions they wanted to be answered, and will be very soon; so each member will be anticipating.

At 2PM's dorm

There is only Junho and Jun.K at home at the moment, the others are out busy with schedules or class. Taecyeon is turning in his composition in early, because he is flying out to Japan for a CF filming, Wooyoung and Nichkhun are at Uni practising for their solo dances for their upcoming showcase, Nichkhun is visiting Victoria at Music Core for her comeback with f(x) and Chansung is at the studio, preparing for his duet with Fei; much to Jun.K's jealousy.

The boys are finishing off the final touches for their compositions, so they are fully immersed into 'composing mode', their serious expressions indicating their hard work and effort that has been put in their first assignment of the year. There is additional pressure for them, amongst the four students from JYP studying on the music composition major because they are the only two that ahd their compositions released for 2PM albums or for other artists.

Junho is quietly in his room, working diligently; making sure every single detail of his melody, backing, lyrics and vocals is perfect, the only standard that he can accept, showing his sheer passion for music. He is truly the type to be an artist. Jun.K, who has just finished his song, knocks on Junho's room door, asking permission to come into his room.

Knock, knock.

"Nuneo-yah, it's Minjun hyung, may I please come in?" asked Minjun.

"Ah yeah hyung, please come in." answered Junho.

"What's up hyung? Have you finished your song already?" asked Junho.

"Ne, I've just finished mine and I'm satisfied with it, but I think the next assignment would be done better as there are some minor holes in my song. How is your's going, almost finished?" asked Minjun kindly, as he respects his dongsaeng's compositions, which are of such a high standard that more of his songs are released than his own!

"Oh I have almost finished, just editing the final touches, then I'll be done and free!" said Junho happily.

"So can I listen to it? I expect big things from you Junho-ah." suggested Minjun.

"Of course you can! You're always the first one to listen to my songs. Ah, you cause me to feel burdened sometimes hyung!" said Junho.

"This is called 'Sad Love', I hope you like it hyung." Then Junho began to play the song from his computer...

My eyes are only searching for you

My two hands are still holding on you

I can't help control my feeling

Love makes me sorrowful

Right now I'm standing right here

If you come a little closer you will see

My regret of not having you now

It becomes the tears and flows down


I love you, even today I love you

I wanting you this much

Can't you just stay by my side?

I get greedy whenever I look at you... It scares me

 

Right now I'm standing right here

If you come a little closer you will see

I can't let you just slip away like this

I take a breath holding back my tears

 

I love you, even today I love you

I, wanting you this much

Can't you just stay by my side?

I get greedy whenever I look at you.. It scares me

Even when I call your name

It becomes the wind and comes back to me

 

Even if a lot of time passes by

Even if you end up forgetting about me

I will still wait for you like this

 

 

I love you, even today I love you

I, wanting you this much

Can't you just stay by my side?

I get greedy whenever I look at you

 

I love you, even today I love you

I, wanting you this much

but, the two of us are not meant for each other.

We cannot be together anymore...


...

Junho's POV

"So, hyung how is it? Do you like it or not? I asked.

"Yah Lee Junho, how did you get such a deep feeling in one song? It is amazing, your skills are no joke, daebak! I'm so proud of you... looks like I better lift up my game!" yelled hyung.

"Thanks hyung! You are still better haha." Of course Jun.K hyung is better, because who is he? Our Jun.K, resident composer so he deserves to be recognised as the best in 2PM.

"So... who is the song dedicated to, Ye Eunnie?" asked Jun.K hyung, no hyung it is not for Ye Eun...

"No, just for a friend... How is our love unrequited now? Aren't we finally together now?" I explained clearly, to make sure he does not get the idea.

"Which lucky friend huh? Is it that girl you always see at the coffee shop?" , he really understands me.

"Yah! Stop asking, you can be so nosy sometimes... always intruding my privacy. It's none of your business." I complained, because hyung really does want to know every little detail about us members' lives,a s he is the eldest hyung.

"Your business is my business, because I'm your hyung. Now tell me, is it for that girl?" He never budges does he!

"Fine, yes it is for her. Happy now? Aish, you are always like this." I always give in to him...

"I am happy that you spilled your darkest secret to your favourite hyung. But you are with Ye Eun now... tell me are you 100% happy without any regrets whatsoever? I know that you don't love her as much as before, I know what you're feeling Junho-yah..." He is saying the truth, of course I love Ye Eun, how could I not? But my feelings for her have... been tamed down a little, but do I hold any regrets about our relationship, obviously not.

"It's not like that, I am happy because my life-long dream has come true..." It is like that, will he buy it though? Probably not... he knows me too well.

"Answer me, do you still love her with your whole heart? Your heart... does it only beats for her and no one else?" I can't escape the question any longer, because if I don't tell him, he will give me pain until he gets the dark truth out of me.

"Ok... I will only tell you hyung, because you are the hyung that I trust the most."

"I do love Ye Eun, and I always have... but your question; does my heart only beat for her? Just for her? Honestly, not anymore. I am intrigued about So Eun, but I do not dare to let out those feelings." This was the sad truth.

"Park Ye Eun is my ultimate love and these feelings are unfair to her..." I explained, for the first time, revealing my inner feelings.

"At least you know it Junho. I think you should stay with Ye Eun because I know you have always treasured her, but if at any point you are forcing yourself in staying with her, you should stop. Listen to your hyung." He is always so supportive of me, and he always says the right words that I need to hear. I should stay with Ye Eun, I have wanted the relationship for so long, so I have to stick by her side, as she has been with me since forever. But am I forcing myself, when I clearly know I don't just hold 'friendly' feelings for So Eun. I must stay strong, everything will be fine.

"Thanks hyung, you are the best! I'll take your advice. I'm going to hand in the assignment now. Bye!" Then I left, to head to Uni.

... 

At the coffee shop

Junho's POV

I glance over at the usual table to see if So Eun is there. Of course she is, because whenever I come here, she always is sitting there. So tonight, I decide to give her a copy of my song... dedicated for her. This will be the last time we see each other for another two weeks, as I will be flying out to Taipei tomorrow for the second leg of the JYP Nation concert. We will also be travelling in Taiwan for a break after the concert, which is great because the food the delicious, the people are kind, shopping is impressive and plus I can also practise speaking my Mandarin, which needs some improvements on.

So I ordered two mochas with marshmellows, because previously I had noticed So Eun having marshmellows with her coffee. Then I bring them to the table.

"So Eun-ah, annyeong! Do you like drinking mocha? I know you like marshmellows so I brought some for you."

"Oh annyeong Junho-ssi. I do like mocha and marshmellows, thank you." She said bluntly, probably still hung up about my kiss on her forehead the other night. My bad...

"So have you been well, So Eun?"

"Yes I've been great, and you?" Why was she so reserved today?

"I've been busy, as usual. Being an idol is tiring sometimes..." Awkwardness, great.

"Anyway, you know the assignment I was doing before? I've finally finished it! I'll be honest with you, the song that I composed was actually... dedicated to you. Don't be so touched or anything! As you are my fan and good friend who enjoys my music and always says I'm gifted; I wanted to make a song for you, so you can see how gifted I really am. In a negative and postive way of course." I talk too much sometimes. Occasionally, I wonder to myself; what if she wasn't just a fan or good friend?

"Oh I... ah, don't know what to say Junho-ah...you really dedicated your song... for me?" She was studdering now, losing her bid to make a tough expression, like she always does. She really tries hard not to be so...nice to me.

"Yes, of course. I hope you don't feel like as it is a burden. Please accept it as a gift, or fan service, however you want to put it." 

"Alright then, I thank you sincerely for your gift. I'll listen to it when I get home." thanked So Eun.

"No worries, we are friends aren't we?" Just friends.

"Yes of course! Ah Junho, I'm sorry, but I need to leave for a date with Kim Bum oppa. Thank you once again for the mocha, marshmellows and your lovely gift. I'll listen to it well. I'll see you soon?" A date with Kim Bum?! Why does she need to tell me that?

"Oh ok, have fun on your date! About seeing me soon... unfortunately you won't see me for another two weeks, as I'm going to Taiwan for the concert, and we are all travelling over there for longer." Don't have too much fun though So Eun, or tell me about how much you enjoyed it... if you did, I don't know how to constrain myself.

"Two weeks? I hope you have fun on your trip. We should meet when we get back! Call!" She doesn't seem so dissapointed, or she is acting that she isn't.

"I will! But I think we should exchange our numbers, since we are already good friends and all..." It is true to say we are friends, friends should have each other's numbers, but is this gesture too suspicious?

"Oh ok it's - xxxxxxxxxx" replied So Eun willingly.

"Mine is - xxxxxxxxxx".

"Thanks, I will contact you when I have time chingu. I better go now, Kim Bum oppa is probably outside...Have fun with Ye Eun-ssi and the others in Taiwan! I'll see you when you come back. Bye Junho-ah!" How can she maintain her cool? Maybe she has forgotten about me, because she is too busy with Kim Bum.

"Bye So Eun! See you when I get back!" I am really going to miss her.

...

So Eun's POV

Junho composed a song, and dedicated it to me. ME. How is this possible? Shouldn't he dedicate it to his girlfriend? He seems that he isn't fussed about me being with Kim Bum, even though he should. Also, he is going away for two weeks! Giving me a song, buying me marshmellows that I love and not showing concern or jealousy about me going on a date, then leaving for so long? How could he do this to me, again and again? Speaking of the date, Kim Bum is late! 15 minutes actually... It is rare for him to be late...

However, when I listened to half of the song previously, my heart was melting as it was like a work of art; full of passion and emotions; displaying Junho's true character. Were the lyrics his way of expressing of his feelings for me? How we can't be together? Most likely, judging by his expression earlier. There is no 'cannot' in this world, as 'impossible is nothing', but the two of us.. being together, at this point in time, when we are in our own relationships, is really a 'cannot'. 

But the sad fact is... I don't know how much longer I can resist him and push these dark feelings in the corner of my heart. Lee Junho, what do we do?

...