Taiwan and Back

Take A Chance On Me

The JYP family depart from Seoul to Taipei, Taiwan with excitement and anticipation. They are all looking forward to perform at the Taipei Arena, because it marks the first time that the 'JYP Nation' will be performing in Taiwan. All the idols hope that they can reach even greater heights from their first leg of the World Tour. Also, adding to their excitement is the opportunity to travel Taiwan over the two weeks. A holiday is what they all need, a break that they have been longing for, to relax, recharge the batteries and have fun.

The first three days were all dedicated to practise and adjusting to the Arena, that only JYP and 2PM have performed at; so this is the first for the majority of the groups and soloists. A special performance will be performed by Junho, 2AM's Changmin, and the two Chinese members of the JYP family, miss A's Fei and Jia. As this quartet have the best pronounciation and fluency in speaking and singing in Chinese, it was an unanimous vote amongst the others. They will be performing a special cover of Jay Chou's 'Where Is The Promised Happiness (说好的幸福呢)', a famous song amongst the C-pop industry. This performance will be one of the highlights for the audience and the quartet are practising hard to impress them. This will be replacing the previous special stage of 2PM and Wonder Girls' controversial performance of 'Back2U'. This concert should be an even bigger success than the previous leg in Tokyo!

...

Concert Day

JYP gathered the whole 'JYP Nation' just before the show starts, to give his last words for encouragement.

"Look at the audience, the Arena is packed, without a single seat left. They are all cheering for you, anticipating a hardcore, supreme and amazing concert. We all practised very hard before this, so let's make this concert even better than Japan! One, two, three... JYP Nation fighting!" yelled JYP.

"JYP Nation Fighting!" chanted the members, as they left the large circle and into their own respective groups.

"DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP 2PM! FIGHTING!" yelled the 2PM members.

...

The concert was a huge success, as expected. It started with a bang, as the JJ Project pumped out their debut single, 'Bounce'; the rookies had really improved since their debut earlier on in the year, as JB's vocals are now much more supreme than their debut, along with Jr.'s rap was full of swag that impressed the fellow rappers in JYP Nation such as San-E; JYP's resident solo rapper.

Then the concert had reached it's , where the special stage was held - the quartet of Junho, Changmin, Fei and Jia belting out Jay Chou's hit song, much to the enjoyment of the audience. The audience were suprised that Changmin and Junho had sung the lyrics so well, and were impressed by Fei and Jia's parts; especially Fei, who sang the falsetto parts to perfection.

The concert then concluded with JYP's version of 'Thank You' by 2PM, where all the vocalists sung in harmony and unison and the rappers teamed up together to rap a 'Thank You' message; personally written by San-E. This was the end of their schedules in Taiwan, so there was still 10 days of travelling, such as eating delicious food in nice restaurants, on the street and the night markets, visiting the Memorial Museum, shopping at the biggest shopping centres such as 'Taipei 101', going to the mountain side in Alishan and watching Junho's friend, Vanness Wu's concert, who he collaborated with for Vanness' drama OST. These 10 days would be the most relaxed and exciting time for the idols, because they are purely on holiday leave menaing no more practise sessions, no classes at Dongguk, no CF's to shoot and a break from recording. It really is a relief for them.

...

The last night in Taipei

It's the JYP family's last night in Taipei. Everyone is sad to leave, as they were having so much fun with each other - some fun that they haven't had the opportunity to experience in a very long time. After their last dinner, a celebratory dinner for their wonderful trip, everyone decided to go to a karaoke room at a bar in the 'Nightlife District' in the city, except for Junho and Ye Eun, who instead decided to head out on a date, at the night market next to the University of Taipei, called the 'Shilin Night Market', where the concept is similar to the night markets in Seoul. They both had tried all types of traditional Taiwanese street foods such as the scrumptious 'Superstar Fried Chicken Steak, the mouth-watering oyster omelet, steamed 'dumpling buns', onion buns, lemon 'aiyu' jelly, Junho's favourite Pearl Milk Tea, with large chewy pearls and Ye Eun was daring enough to try the infamous 'Stinky Tofu'!

After the two sweeped the night market empty, they headed to a nice coffee shop, for some hot coffee and the chocolate pudding with raspberry sauce that Junho noticed outside on a poster stuck on the window.

Junho's POV

This trip to Taiwan has been very enjoyable, as we all hung out together to explore a different country, practise speaking with language; with much guidance from Fei and Jia, our resident Chinese girls and spending time with Ye Eun. Don't get me wrong, the time we shared was great, but my stupid mind had thought about So Eun from time to time, wondering if she likes me song, if she is doing well at Uni, if she and Kim Bum were alright... if she missed me or not. I do miss her company, even though I have Ye Eun beside me and the whole JYP Nation with me; my friends, my family, my brothers...  am I too greedy?

The chocolate pudding with raspberry sauce had arrived with our two Double-shot Lattes.

"Omo, this pudding looks unbelievable! The raspberry sauce and all the decor around the plate looks so delicious!" exclaimed Ye Eun, who was enjoying our trip because of the multiple dates we had.

"Let's try it!" I said in excitement, despite that this was about our 10th meal today. It's a holiday so it doesn't matter, because it's back to boiled chicken and sweet potatoes tomorrow!

"Mmmm, Junho-yah, I have never tasted anything like this before! The fruity aroma, the silkiness of the pudding, the strong taste of dark chocolate... simply to die for." She had always loved desserts, ever since we were young.

"Yah, you sound like we are on a food documentary or something!"

"It's delicious, what can I say?" joked Ye Eun. She was so happy, with the food, with me. Was I happy? Of course I am, but I feel like I'm missing something, missing someone.

"You love it so much that you have chocolate all over your mouth!" I then leaned closer, then use my fingers to softly wipe off the chocolate remains on , then it off my fingers... As I'm doing this, why am I imagining Ye Eun is So Eun? Why am I reminiscing that time at 'Saint Pierre'? I blinked my eyes a few times, in hope that my dangerous thoughts about So Eun dissapear quickly before Ye Eun notices..

"Junho... you really are one dirty bastard. Why am I even in love with a guy like you?" Thank goodness, this voice was not hers, it was my Ye Eunnie's.

"I couldn't resist! You're asking me? I'm your boyfriend, your best friend, your family and pretty much your world, if you haven't realised." I teased. I am a really important person in Ye Eun's eyes, but is she just as important in mine?

We then finished our pudding and coffee, and catch a taxi back to the hotel. In the taxi, Ye Eun was exhausted from all the walking and eating during our date tonight, so she fell asleep on my shoulder. She always looked so angelic when she was asleep, but I didn't really have the chance to admire her up close. I her lovely long, wavy brown hair as she slept and kissed her on the forehead. I can't sleep so peacefully like her right now, I keep on thinking about So Eun. It is like my head is filled with all those times where we met at the coffee shop, that time when I took her home, that time when I kissed her forehead and the first time we met. I think I am falling for her, badly now. I'm not sure if I can hold it for much longer...

We finally arrive back at the hotel, so I paid for the taxi fee and carried Ye Eun in my arms out of the taxi. As I'm walking with her in my arms on the way to the lift, she finally opened her eyes.

"Junho, we're back at the hotel already? You should have woken me up, so you don't have to carry me like this. I'm heavy aren't I?" said a sleepy Ye Eun.

"You are not heavy, and this isn't the first time I've carried you like this anyway. You were sleeping like a princess so I couldn't wake you up..." I teased.

"Don't call me princess ever again, arasso?" warned Ye Eun, yes she was still the same as always.

I carried her with her arms holding my neck, all the way back to her room. I slowly placed her onto the ground with my tired arms.

"Junho, our trip is over now. I really enjoyed our stay here. We made some pretty special memories right?" said a sad faced Ye Eun.

"Yeah I know, indeed we did made plenty of new memories, that I'll keep with me forever. Thank you Ye Eun-ah." 

"Goodnight my Nuneo, we have to check out early tomorrow for our flight, so I'll see you at breakfast!" said an exhausted Ye Eun, who then grasped her hands on my cheeks and gave me a soft, sweet kiss on my lips.

"Goodnight Ye Eunnie. Sweet dreams." I then kissed her forehead and pulled her in for a brief hug, then returned to my room.

... 

On the plane back to Seoul

Ye Eun's POV

This trip was truly amazing. We all had enjoyed ourselves and experienced a different culture, learned a foreign language, tasted plenty of delicious foods and created many beautiful memories; so leaving Taipei is bittersweet, for me anyway. As much as I had a great time with Junho, on all our fun and romantic dates, I felt like sometimes, only occassionally, his mind was somewhere else. I'm not 100% sure, but I just have a feeling that he seems to be falling for someone else. This does not imply that he doesn't want to be with me, it's just it seems that he doesn't love me in the same way anymore. The more I think about it, this situation is becoming more likely, as I know my best friend more than he knows himself. I definitely do not want to leave him or break up or anything, but if I get confirmation from him or his actions that he is forcing himself to be with me, because of our life-long feelings for each other... I will be prepared, because at the end of the day, I would not lose him in all shapes and forms, as we are 'eternal best friends' after all. Friendship will always be more important than love; for me anyway.

Back from Taiwan, in 2PM's dorm

Junho's POV

We are finally back home. I'm glad to be back because as I much as I love Taiwan, I was getting a little homesick. I had missed my bed, my room, the recording studio, Uni, the coffee at 'Saint Pierre's' and.... So Eun. God, I missed her dearly, more than I could imagine before I left. However, I was too shy to message her, yet she didn't message me either. So, I'm a little dissapointed. Other than missing her when I should never have in the first place, I had a great time - the concert was a success, our Chinese song was sung well, my friend Vanness Wu's concert was daebak as he is a true performer, the food was luscious and I had spent some nice quality time with Ye Eun. However, I think during our trip, she had noticed that I had been a little distracted, as if she telepathically knew that I was thinking about something else occasionally. But, she never asked me what I was thinking, in attempt to make me feel at ease. She really is my 'eternal best friend', understanding me more than I do myself.

Back to Uni

 

Junho's POV

Ah, I'm back to reality - back at work, back at Uni, back in Seoul. Well one thing that I am looking forward to is getting my results back for my composition. I hope I did a good job and recieved significant marks, as I worked tiredlessly; day and night, to complete it. The song really took a lot of energy from me to finish it; physically, mentally and emotionally - a combination of the three. I hope my hard work gets rewarded.

I arrive at the entrance, so I step out of my van and start to walk to my class. Until I heard a familiar voice calling my name...

"LEE JUNHO! LEE JUNHO! You're BACK!" That voice was no other than... So Eun. God, I really missed her voice.

I turn around to face her with a big smile, making my eyes follow the same motion as well. But she was holding onto someone... her Kim Bum oppa.

"Annyeong So Eun! How are you? I've missed you!" I said, in a more exaggerated tone.

"Annyeong Junho-yah! I've been well, and I've missed you too!" she was excited, as her face was glowing in glee.

"Lee Junho-ssi, annyeonghaesayo. How was your trip? So Eun couldn't stop talking about your talent..." said a serious Kim Bum. Did she really couldn't stop talking about me, and in front of him? That's too cruel So Eun-ah, he is your boyfriend after all...

"Annyeonghaesayo Kim Bum-ssi. It was good, the concert was a huge success. She is a crazy fan girl isn't she?" I said calmly, trying to maintain my professionalism. Image Junho, image.

"She is more than a crazy fan girl, she is just ---" then So Eun cut him off by placing her hand on his mouth, smoothly but quickly.

"Our Kim Bummie oppa talks to much right?" joked So Eun.

"Haha, anyway, tonight the 2PM members and yours truly will be doing another performance at 'Saint Pierre's', so would like both of you to come! It starts at 7:30pm sharp. Don't be late like last time So Eun-ssi." It's our welcome back performance, and we have a few special acoustic songs to perform for the students. I hope So Eun is there, and I don't mind Kim Bum tagging along either, since she'll like his company.

"Sure! We will be there, at 7:30pm sharp! We won't be late!" said So Eun.

"Arasso, well I have to attend my class now, see you two tonight! Bye." I said, and walked towards my class.

Tonight's performance will be an interesting one wouldn't it?

...