Battle Scars

Take A Chance On Me

The sudden, intriguing encounter between So Eun, Junho, Kim Bum and his parents continues...

...

So Eun's POV

"So Eunnie...?" His voice... has returned.

"Why are you back so late...with him?" 

Kim Bummie oppa was here. At my house with his parents, who were observing with their very own eyes...me embracing Lee Junho.

This was a suprise. A colossal suprise.

"Kim Bummie oppa..." I murmured, as I try to let out a smile. As Kim Bum oppa's expression darkens from the clear sight of Junho beside me, my heart is beginning to ache, ever so painfully.

"Oh, annyeonghaesayo Kim Bum-ssi..." greeted Junho nicely.

Each of our eyes are staring at each other, except for Kim Bum oppa...whose eyes were fixated on mine. His stare was so intense. I am sorry you have to see Junho and I like this, my oppa.

"Mother, Father... let's head home now." said Kim Bum oppa, as he stormed passed me without a greeting and pushed past Junho's shoulder in the coldest way possible. This Kim Bum oppa was frightening. It just pains me to see him like this...but I am the only one to blame. I had hurt him deeply and I have not had the courage to repair those scars he gained from letting me go. From the way he had looked at me just a moment ago, I am scared like a coward to approach him and find the loving and gentle side from within this cold and distant outer layer of him.

Come on So Eun! Say something! At least greet his parents...

"Annyeonghaesayo, Auntie and Uncle. It has been a while.... Ah this is Lee Junho, my boyfriend..." I greeted nervously, as Junho grabbed my hand tightly. Thank you Junho for being by my side, I do not know how I would cope without your warm, tender love.

"Annyeonghaesayo Auntie and Uncle. I am Lee Junho, So Eun's boyfriend. It is nice to meet you." greeted Junho politely, with his signature charming smile. Junho really is always composed and strong in these awkward situations. If only I were the same...

"Ah yeah, it is nice to see you too. So Eun-ah, next time you can formally introduce your handsome boyfriend to us over dinner..." said Auntie.

"Yes I will next time. Have a safe trip home. And with Kim Bum oppa..." Kim Bum oppa's parents are visibly disappointed by me being with another man other than their son. But it is oppa himself who could not bear to see me face to face anymore, after seeing me for the first time since he let me go to Junho's side so painfully.

"Our son is a strong man. Don't you worry about him, he will be feeling better soon. We will make sure of it. I'm sorry on his behalf for acting so coldly before...he should not be so harsh toward you So Eun and Junho-ssi." said Uncle. I deserve it, so there really is not a reason to be sorry for. I am the one who should be apologizing...

"Arasso, goodbye So Eun-ah. We will see you next time. Goodbye Junho-ssi, please take care of our So Eun from now on." said Auntie.

"Yes I will definitely take care of So Eun-ssi well. She is safe with me, so I will not disappoint you Auntie." said Junho confidently, as he held my hand even tighter. I am so grateful that I have such a loving and supportive boyfriend like you Junho.

"Goodnight Auntie and Uncle!" we both greeted lightly, in attempt to bid farewell in a more happier way; escaping from the strangling awkwardness. Auntie and Uncle then headed towards Kim Bum oppa's car, as oppa pushed the accelerator loudly and hard. Their Audi then raced off quickly away from my residence. Kim Bummie oppa...has still not calmed himself from before.

"That was...extremely awkward. Kim Bum-ssi did not seem all that happy to see that I am here with you..." said Junho quietly. This encounter with oppa and his parents must have been uncomfortable for my poor Junho.

"It was indeed. Don't worry about oppa. I will try to make amends with him quickly, so he will not ever hold that cold, dark face when he sees me again. I just hope he can go back to being my best friend. I've missed him so much, but I don't know what to say to him." I said, as Junho pulled me into his warm embrace.

"So Eun-ah, I'm not worried about Kim Bum-ssi. I am worried about you...because I don't want to see you get hurt. I will support you in whichever way you choose to make up with your oppa, but if you are having a hard time doing that... I will go and have a 'friendly' chat with him." said Junho kindly.

"I will be alright Junho-yah. He would not hurt me, at least not as much as I have hurt him in the past. Oh god, I really hope I do not have to resort to your so-called 'friendly' talk with oppa!" I said, in a poor attempt to joke with him.

"Yah, I really do mean it. I will have a real friendly talk with him! It is not what you think! I am smart enough to not start a fight with your beloved oppa!" said Junho jokingly.

"Arasso, Junho. It is getting late now, you should head home. Thank you for the wonderful date at the beach my love." I then place my hands on Junho's cheeks and pecked his lips sweetly before giving him a brief hug.

"Goodnight my So Eunnie! Don't be so hard on yourself! Call me later darling." said Junho as he leaves my house.

I finally enter my house, as my Mother approached me immediately.

"So Eun-ah, you missed dinner with your Kim Bummie oppa and your Auntie and Uncle tonight. Did you see them outside? Don't tell me your boyfriend was there too..." said Mother.

"Yes I saw them on the way in, so I introduced them to Junho-ssi. They said he was handsome." I said quietly. It is wierd because they had met Junho before I introduced him to my own parents.

"Well I would not know how handsome Junho-ssi is in real life! Because my daughter has not even introduced him to me! How was Kim Bummie? Was he okay when he saw Junho-ssi?" asked Mother. Isn't it obvious that he would not be mother?!

"Oppa did not take it well...he just left straight away. Umma, I will introduce Junho to Appa and you very soon arasso? I am exhausted from our date today, so I am going to bed first. Goodnight Umma." I then gave my mother a slight kiss on her cheek and ran up the stairs towards my room. 

...

In So Eun's room

So Eun's POV

I am so worried about Kim Bum oppa. What if he does something dangerously stupid? Like going for a speeding fest in his car? Especially at this time of the night... Or get himself overly drunk? He always either passes out for a long period of time or does risky things like a crazy man. I have to call him to apologise and to make sure he is safely home.

...

At Kim Bum's basement bar

Kim Bum's POV

Who could be calling me at this hour? The last thing I want to do right now is to talk to anyone.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep....

Caller IDMy So Eunnie

It is her again. It is always her calling at this hour. At least it used to be... I am not going to answer. She is the last person I want to talk to right now, other than her boyfriend Lee Junho.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep...

Second call. Same person. Same very person.

Does she ever give up? Still not going to answer.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep....

Fine. I give in to her. Again.

Answer.

"Yoboseyo? Oppa...finally. Please do not hang up on me. I beg you to listen to what I am about to say. Oppa, I am sorry you had to see Junho and I together like that tonight. I am also sorry for not knowing you and your parents were coming to my house to have dinner. I am sorry for not being there, when you finally wanted to see me again. I am sorry for being a coward and not contacting you for so long. I know you hate me saying 'sorry' to you, but it is all I can say right now to you. I just hope you can forgive what has happened, and return to the caring, strong Kim Bummie oppa of mine. I've missed you so much oppa..." apologised So Eun. She really is pushing my limits by saying my most hated word in the dictionary repeatedly. I don't know how to respond now...

"It is hard. Much harder than I thought it would be. I don't think I could do it. Sorry So Eun-ah."

"But opp--" I then ended the call.

Could I really recover our relationship So Eun? As much I have missed you, even just the sight of you...I am unsure if we can return to what we used to be. I am sorry, my So Eunnie.

...

Will Kim Bum return to So Eun's side eventually? As her best friend? While knowing that there is almost no chance of being lovers again because of the everlasting love So Eun has for Lee Junho? It is uncertain, but Kim Bum knows one thing, that he needs her by his side regardless of what they are to each other, because Kim So Eun has been and always will be apart of Kim Sang Bum.