Through the dark tunnel

The Gem's Jeweller

 

...

                THUD!!!

                THUD!!!

                “Kyuhyun!” Henry yelled as Kyuhyun was trying to break the wall that closed the passage. The noise was also echoing the whole tunnel. Although it’s very dark, YuMee just stands there trying to make her vision clear.

                “I can’t just leave like this!” Kyuhyun growled as he did another pounding.

                “You must! If the deathroyers found us, we’re dead!” Henry said. Kyuhyun stopped making any noise, instead, they hear footsteps going father from them. “Yah Kyuhyun-ah, where are you going???”

                “Out!” Kyuhyun said...

                THUD!

                “Ooomff” Judging by the noise, YuMee assumed Kyuhyun stumbled down.

                “Aish, this guy!” Henry said... in a moment, something bright illuminated.

                YuMee looked to where the light came from... it was from Henry’s right arm. YuMee’s eyes widened... his arm was glowing!!! Then she spotted Kyuhyun in a sitting position glaring at Henry. Henry just sighs and shook his head.

                “Calm down, we need to think of a plan...” Henry said looked at the two of them. “I think we should follow the end trail of this tunnel then we think of another plan... not just walking and end up stumbling!” YuMee wanted to tell she agrees, but she’s too shocked to speak.

                “Then you should have told me that you were a human torch!” Kyuhyun groaned.

                “Hey, it’s you who just stormed off angrily without waiting for us” Henry said.

                “Aish!” Kyuhyun threw back his head in exasperation. “Tsk!”

                “I think... we should get a move on now” YuMee pulled her self together to speak.

                “Okay... that’s fine” Henry said and offered a hand to Kyuhyun for him to stand up. Kyuhyun just glared at him and didn’t took his hand, he just stands up all by himself and started walking.

                YuMee thinks it’s best to just stay quiet... not to add more fuel to the fire. To YuMee, Kyuhyun seemed to be a delicate person... he’s just too fragile. Henry on the other hand is guy of ease... YuMee was still jumbled by these Elves’ personalities.

                And even though YuMee was still new on her so called ‘destiny’, she feels already burdened. Henry is there to help though...

                “You must be wondering...” Henry started as he walks together with YuMee. Kyuhyun was leading them since it was he who knew the way out. “What a Jeweller is” YuMee thought for a second before talking.

                “Actually... Princess Ara told me that a Jeweller unites 15 different gems in order to purge the world” YuMee said. “That’s all I know” Henry gave a soft chuckle.

                “That’s a Jeweller’s objective. A Jeweller is a female with extra ordinary talent as she possesses the gems, there is beauty in the Jeweller... she’s radiant among the female Elves in the world and most powerful lady” Henry said.

                “But... I’m not those you described” YuMee said. “I’m just an ordinary individual”

                “Maybe now, but you’re going to realize it as soon as you find those 15 gems” Henry said. “It is your duty to find them”

                “Where are the gems?” YuMee asked.

                “They’re scattered all over the world” Henry said, YuMee’s eyes widened again.

                “B-but! How will we able to find them?” YuMee asked. Henry saw the panic-stricken in her eyes that he chuckled again.

                “Actually, you already found one” Henry said confidently. YuMee frowned at him.

                “Really? Who?” YuMee said. Kyuhyun scoffed.

                “It’s Henry, you idiot” Kyuhyun blurted and continued walking. YuMee scoffed too.

                “Kyuhyun’s right, I’m one of the Gems” Henry smiled widely. “I am the white opal gem, the 15h gem and a part of the Opal family.”

                “Ah chinja?!” YuMee seemed very delighted. Her eyes were dancing in glee... Henry’s heart warms at this sight. “How do you know if one is a gem?”

                “Depends...” Henry said. YuMee frowned.

                “Hhuh?”

                “A gem has his own mark” Henry said. “Me for instance... I am the white opal because of the gem that is bore on my left arm” Henry shows his glowing arm. Then it dawned to YuMee.

                “Ohhh, no wonder your arm glows... and back at the dungeon, your arm lighted when I touched it.” YuMee said.

                “Yeap!” Henry said as he kicks a pebble. “We call this mark as the ‘gem orb’”

                “These gem orbs are all located in their arm?” YuMee asked. Henry stifled a laugh.

                “Depends” Henry said, YuMee frowned again... pouting.

                “What do you mean ‘depends’?” YuMee asked

                “Well... the gem orbs could be located in different part of a gem’s body” Henry said. “It could be located on the palm, the head, the torso, the leg, the feet... every possible part”

                “Oh... I see” YuMee said and nods.

                “Well... it can also be located at the bum” Henry said as he looked at YuMee’s bewildered expression that he just laughed.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

                ‘What an annoyance...’ Kyuhyun thought as he hears the conversation between Henry and YuMee.

                He kept on walking forth, just to avoid the gaze from YuMee... not because he likes her but he’s rather hiding something.

                Can you guess what that is?

                Well... some of you got the guess right. Kyuhyun is a gem. He never told this to anyone yet... even Henry even though the two are childhood friends. Kyuhyun also didn’t know that Henry is a Gem... that’s why his perception towards Henry changes...

                Kyuhyun thought as he continues moving forth about how to save his city... but to no avail, he just can’t run off and show them that he’s a gem. To Kyuhyun... being a gem is a curse that can never be lifted. A gem must submit their lives to the Jeweller...

                He doesn’t want that. Gems don’t have free will... it will always be the will of the Jeweller. Her words are their command, her ways are their ways, her power is their power and there is nothing more, nothing less. He despises the fact that he’s gem. He cannot have a family nor fall in love, Because if he did... he could meet his doom and the doom of the world. Therefore a gem is just a slave.

                Kyuhyun continued walking and soon found a bright light before him... ignoring the chit-chats behind him... He continued moving forth.

                He clutches his chest where his heart continues beating... at that particular part, he felt a solid object attached on his chest... they must not know what he is.

                ‘I am Prince Cho Kyuhyun. I am the 13th gem... for I am the Moon Stone...’

                


 

So... Kyuhyun is a gem. Is this the only reason to why Kyuhyun hates YuMee? Or... is there more? 

Henry seemed at ease, but... is there more to his being helpful? or is there a story behind this?

How could possibly YuMee find all those gems when she needs to surround the whole world... well... the elf world?

Is there an end to this?

FIND OUT!!!

AiMei: Anyeong Haseo!!! Here's another chappy for my lovelies!!! Christmas is approaching hihihihi!!! Loving the season :)