A Diamond's Heart

The Gem's Jeweller

 

                Everyone seemed to be sleeping already... well except for someone who has a single dimple on his left cheek and a gem orb on his right.

                Leeteuk looked at the sleeping figures behind him. He couldn’t sleep that night... he wonders why though. He sighed thinking this is their last chance to redeem the world. They’ve failed the last time... now, they have to work harder in order to protect the Jeweller...

                What happened to the previous jeweller you ask?

                Leeteuk closed his eyes as he hears voices in his mind.

                “Leeteuk-oppa?” A groggy voice sounded, Leeteuk turned to see YuMee rubbing her.

                “You should have a sleep, my lady” Leeteuk said and slowly walked towards her. YuMee looked at him in daze...

                “You know...” YuMee smiled at him. “You are one of the most amazing creatures I have laid my eyes on yet” Leeteuk was amazed by her statement, he chuckled.

                “My lady says funny things when sleepy” Leeteuk declared.

                “Aniyo, I speak the truth” YuMee said, Leeteuk felt a tug on his heart... he turns to see YuMee’s full view. Instead of a young fragile girl, he was seeing someone different.

                “You’ll never change the way in the past...”

                Leeteuk closed his eyes tightly, trying to remove the very image of yesterday.

                “Is... everything alright, oppa?” YuMee asked with a concerned tone.

                “My lady—“

                “Please stop calling me ‘my lady’... call me dongsaeng or by my name!” YuMe adds up: “YuMee-nie sounds nice”

                “Stop with that ‘my lady’ nonsense, just call me by my name”

                The image of a smile formed inside Leeteuk’s mind... his heart gave a tug once more...

                “SooJin-nie...” Leeteuk called, YuMee frowned as Leeteuk reaches his hand to her face... but he stopped in midway.

                He was looking at YuMee... not SooJin.

                “Oppa?” YuMee reaches his hand and touched it... by that small act, a sudden force came into her mind!

                It was invading her mind as though she was being forced to see some visions. She could see the sun rising and setting... a little boy stands by the tree. As the sun keeps on going in and out of sight... the boy was growing up until...

                “My name is Park JungSoo...”

                YuMee was standing, looking at the person whom was the little boy once. She couldn’t do anything for she was just to see/witness this vision... or is this memory?

                I know I had other names as my parents gave me, but this name... is the name I live on... I am forever Park JungSoo... also known as...the Diamond, supreme leader of gems. I am reborn, but I will never lose any memory so that I will always remember all events happened in the past.

                I will be there... always on history books for I write history.

                ‘My gems... My lady... I lay my body and soul to you.’

                This was a precious oath that I have been living for; I was born to protect them. I have witnessed countless battles being won or lost. I have witnessed countless uniting gems... I have seen different faces of the Jeweller and have forgotten some of their names... but this one Jeweller decided to print an image of her in my heart...

                “Yah” She continues to poke me with her soft fingers.

                “What?” I spat at her out of annoyance. She giggles.

                “Nothing!” She said.

                “You are very-VERRY weird!” I said.

                “No, I’m not the one with a pair of wings, JungSoo, you are” She said, I felt something tickling my heart.

                “Well... I maybe be the weirdest ELF there is, but I’m the most handsome of them!” I said. She smiled warmly.

                “Well, You’re one of the most amazing creatures I have seen yet” She said which made my heart flutter. We lay on the grass, feeling the soft breeze against our body. “JungSoo-ah...”

                “Hmm?” I smiled as she calls my name with such love-like tone.

                “No matter what happens... you will always be by my side, will you?” She asked, her tone was filled with worry. I looked at her eyes and smiled.

                “Of course, SooJin-nie...”

                SooJin and I were close friends since the day we were born. I always spend my time with her... because I always avoided other Elves around me. I am not normal for I have wings behind my back. I always known I am the diamond... but she doesn’t.

                It was until the day... she was declared the next Jeweller on her 17th birthday. I was shocked... I never thought of this was very possible. We were already destined to meet since day one. But then... she is the Jeweller, and I am just a gem.

                I bowed at her and gone through the process of Gemnification... it pains me... it was against my will... how could she be the Jeweller?

                “My lady...” I spoke softly, gently addressing her. She gave me a frown then laughter comes next.

                “Stop with that ‘my lady’ nonsense, just call me by my name” She said, I felt a tingle in my heart. I was happy by the fact that she treasures me existence.

                Days passed and we’re having quite adventures. We met several gems on the way, but none of them cared for SooJin the way I do. We shared happy times... we share sad times... but the most important is that I’m with her and she is with me.

                But good things won’t last forever...

                One day, we found the last gem and set our voyage towards Assendi... the place where the Jeweller must unite the gems together. It was one of the most saddest day... for I know it’ll be the last of everything. My heart was falling into pieces as I continuously watch her cheerful demeanour. It was normal for a gem to be just get united and be on with the next batch of gems and Jeweller. But for me... it was different...

                As we approach the temple... deathroyers attacked us. The gems set a magical power to arm themselves and protect the Jeweller.

                It was a full-force attack...

                The gems are slowly getting weak, but the Jeweller kept on doing the rituals in order to save the world. It was then...

                A deathroyer went want past through me...

                I hear a body collapsing.

                My heart stopped for a moment...

                I looked around and found SooJin quivering body, kneeling.

                “S-SooJin!” My breath became unstable... it was then I felt a cold metal on my body.

                It was painful... but it was nothing compared to the pain in heart...

                I guess that act wake SooJin, As I was slowly dropping down on the concrete floor... I saw her tearful eyes as she connects the last gem to the necklace. It was it... uniting the gems was done and surge of light came from everywhere. My body became lighter and strong armor covered every part of it.

                The light killed all deathroyers in the room and healed all the gems around... except... for the Jeweller. She lays there... softly breathing life.

                I immediately runs toward her and touch her, but then, my hand just gone through her... she was disappearing.

                She opened her eyes... and looked at me while wearing that loving smile...

                “JungSoo.. you kept your promise... you stayed by my side until the end...” She spoke. “You are like an angel... an angel who fallen into this world. The day you were born... it was raining... Umma said so, I guess angels cried on that day... leaving such a special being in this world. You are... LeeTeuk...”

                With those last words... she disappeared on my very hands. My wings grew wider as though it was ready to fly.

                My tears fell... the very same time the rain started to pound against us. In a while... my companions were shining... then we became one light. And that light covers the world... purging deathroyers...

                “No matter how many times we purge the world of evil... nothing can bring SooJin back...” I said as our work was done.

                I went back to the plains where SooJin and I lived our years... relieving the memories I had of her... before I...

                Move on...

 

                YuMee let go of his hand, she looked at him... his tears fell hard on his clothes. She didn’t realize... gems could also love... but why didn’t Leeteuk tell her that he loves her?


AiMei: Anyeong~~~ sorry for the late update hehe, I want to make this chapter extra special :) well you can see an image on the chapter, well... I drew it hehe sorry if it doesn't looked like Leeteuk! I'LL MAKE IT BETTER SOON!!!

Anyways not getting back to the chapter... actually, I ried as I made this kind of one-sided love story for Leeteuk. What do you think? 

COMMENTS ARE LOVEDDD