The Jeweller

The Gem's Jeweller

 

                Silence was enveloping the two individuals in the garden. Wind howled silently against YuMee’s ears as she stared at the elf guy in disbelief.

                “You’re a prince?!” YuMee blurted out.

                “Yes... my stunning looks and posture says so” Kyuhyun said smugly raising his arms showing his ‘princely posture’.

                “You don’t act like one!” YuMee crumples her nose at him. She couldn’t deny, but this Kyuhyun is really handsome that he really fit to play the role of a prince in any way.

                “Well last time I check a prince should act this way” Kyuhyun said and crossed his hands. YuMee really wanted to just pull his stunningly perfect hair out of its roots. “You know, you shouldn’t be out of your room with your sleeping dress”

                Then again, YuMee became conscious that she could only look down.

                “Where am I?” YuMee asked.

                “You’re in the city’s castle... MY castle. And actually... you’re stepping on MY garden” Kyuhyun said in a bored tone. “You stepped on my garden and because of that, I could have your head off” YuMee flinched by the word he said that she stood frozen on her position.

                Kyuhyun seemed to be enjoying this scene that he walked towards her, he walked in circles around her as though surveying her.

                “You, walking in that dress is illegal” Kyuhyun said, YuMee then again flinched. “Especially in front of a prince... tsk tsk tsk”  YuMee looked at him.

                “Can I just go back to my room?” YuMee asked hopefully. Kyuhyun smirked.

                “A normal individual must not eye contact with a prince” Kyuhyun said, he was now 2 feet away from YuMee. “A normal person should not be this close with the prince either” YuMee took a step backward, but the prince took a step forward. YuMee scoffed, but she just looked down.

                “You’re doing this on purpose” YuMee spoke with every inch of respect she could muster. She is a lady of pride... y’know?

                “Ah no I don’t... so let’s count all those violations” Kyuhyun raised his hands and began counting with his fingers. “1-2-3-4-5-6... oh and there’s the thing you did when we first met that’s 7... then you accused me... 8. So... 8 all in all” Kyuhyun showed 8 fingers in front of YuMee.

                ‘ARRRRGGGGHHH THIS PRINCE IS SOOOO HATEFUL!!!” YuMee screamed in her mind. She is already annoyed by this guy. YuMee got alerted soon as Kyuhyun took a step closer. YuMee took several steps backward, but the thing is, Kyuhyun seemed to go closer.

                “You can’t run...” Kyuhyun said... his voice was so smooth and alluring. YuMee felt fear... She kept on moving back, with her body trembling. It was until her back met the wall...

                YuMee’s breath was becoming uneasy as Kyuhyun was already inches away from her. YuMee felt the cold metal against her neck was warming as Kyuhyun draws closer. YuMee looked up and look into Kyuhyun’s eyes. He was drawing near her...

                His face was closing in, she could see his beauty closer and closer. How could such prince have such angelic beauty but it contras to what his attitude is? His thin lips crooked into a smile as YuMee was having a hard time to breathe...

                HER FIRST KISS IS IN DANGER!!!

                YuMee closed her eyes , waiting for any action.

                But it didn’t come. YuMee peeked with one eye. Kyuhyun’s face was still close to hers but her was giving a smug look.

                “Do you really think I would kiss you?” Kyuhyun said. YuMee widened her eyes, flustered with what he just said.

                “HEY! PRINCE KYUHYUN!” A fierce female voice yelled. Kyuhyun’s eyes was still at YuMee’s.

                “Yeah?” He said, not taking his gaze off YuMee.

                “Back away from the Jeweller!” She said, Kyuhyun sighed. To YuMee’s relief, Kyuhyun withdrawn his face and he moved aside.

                YuMee has a clear view of the lady who just ‘saved’ her from Kyuhyun. She has long jet black hair, and wears a silk latin gown that goes off shoulder and has a knee-height slit in the front of her dress. She also has elongated ears and wears a coronet on her forehead. She must be a royalty too.

                “Lady...” To yuMee’s surprise, the lady did a curtsy in front of her. “It is an honor to meet you in this lifetime”

                “Err” YuMee was about to greet back but— “Who are you?”

                “Oh, where are my manners, my name is Cho Ara, the sister of this idiot” She then points at Kyuhyun who smirked. “Please, follow me”

                The princess started walking, YuMee glanced at Kyuhyun who just raised his one eye brow, YuMee stucked out her tongue at him. Kyuhyun became flustered by yuMee’s action, but before he got back at her, YuMee immediately went running towards princess Ara.

...

                “Uhm, excuse me... may I ask?” YuMee spoke.

                “Yes?” Princess Ara made a slight nod as they walk side by side.

                “Why am I here?” YuMee asked.

                “Because you’re he Jeweller... you must be treated with royalty” The princess said with a smile. YuMee then thought on how Kyuhyun treated her. It seemed that the princess knew what she was thinking that she smiled. “Don’t worry about my brother... he’s just a lout (jerk)”

                “I see” YuMee said then she looked down. “What is a Jeweller?”

                “I expected this...” Princess Ara said softly chuckling. “Since you are not from our world... a Jeweller is the connector of all Gems of the world, these gems serves as the protector and the ones will purge our world from those evil Deathroyers. Follow me...”

                YuMee and the princess enters one chamber... it was dark at first, but soon as Princess Ara raised her hand, the room immediately litted with balls of fire. YuMee was impressed, but what impressed her most were 15 standing statues about 10 feet high and at the top of the wall was a drawing of a necklace. YuMee looked at the necklace she’s wearing... it was the same necklace on the drawing.

                “These are the gems; Diamond, Ruby, Opal, Emerald, Topaz, Citrine, Tourmaline, Pearl, Black Opal, Sapphire, BloodStone, Amethyst, Meteorite, Moonstone and White Opal” Princess Ara points at each statue. “They are your servant”

                “Why me?” YuMee asked, questions are already clouding her mind.

                “Because you were chosen, you found the necklace that was intended for you” Princess Ara said softly. “The necklace choose its next bearer, you are to travel the world and unite the gems then travel to the center of the world and unite the gems in order to purge our world of Deathroyers”

                There was silence... YuMee was thinking about this kind of responsibility given to her.

                “And if I fail...” It was not a question... it was a statement.

                “You die...” Princess Ara said. “And we will have to wait for another Jeweller... we have waited for 40 years already the Jeweller steps in every 20 years. The Deathroyers multiplied, we cannot control them any longer. Day by day Elves die and become one of them”

                YuMee felt burden... she touched her necklace and her heart hurt at the sudden obligation that has given to her.

                She has no choice.

 


AiMei: Anyeong!!! So how do you find the story so far? COMMENTS ARE LOVED!!!!