The Beginning

The Gem's Jeweller

 

                That day, Leeteuk, Henry, Kyuhyun and YuMee settled for the night on the forest. They made a fire out of some woods and dried leaves, Henry went and fetched some water on the near lake, while Leeteuk was slicing a loaf. Kyuhyun settled on one log, not talking to anybody. YuMee was fixing the fire so that it’ll not spread out.

                YuMee looked at Leeteuk who was busying himself with the bread, it was amazing how he hid his wings by using a cape. It really seemed that he hasn’t had a wing. She thought about that gemnification she had earlier... now that one of her necklace’s slots was half-filled, she began to get curious about the other gems.

                What if they don’t like her?

                What if they don’t want to be unified to save the world?

                How could she convince them?

               

                These questions seemed to worry her a lot. Kyuhyun hates her... and he’s not even a gem! (or so she thought). It was then, Henry came back with bottles full of water. YuMee looked at Henry...

                “Omo” She suddenly said, the boys looked at her.

                “Is there a problem?” Henry asked.

                “Leeteuk oppa...” YuMee said and Leeteuk looked at her confused.

                “What is... ‘oppa’?” Leeteuk asked as he handed her a piece of bread and some berries. yuMee giggled softly as Leeteuk handed the other pieces to Kyuhyun and Henry.

                “Oppa meant... it is an honorific title given to older male people... or elves” YuMee explained. “In our world, we call our big brother oppa” Henry and Kyuhyun looked at each other then at Leeteuk.

                “In that case...” Henry started and smiled at Leeteuk. “OPPPPAAAAA” Henry stretched his hands to Leeteuk who seemed flustered. YuMee laughed very hard.

                “HAahahahhahaha!!! You only call him oppa if you’re a girl” YuMee said between laugh, Henry pouted.

                “What should I call him then?” Henry asked.

                “Call him hyung” YuMee said. “All younger male call older guys ‘Hyung’ by means of respect”

                “Ohhh, then I think we should use those honorific names!” Henry said lively. Kyuhyun just sighed., YuMee looked at him and sighed too.

                “Leeteuk-oppa” YuMee called.

                “Yes?” Leeteuk smiled at her, he seemed pleased to be given that kind of honorific.

                “Henry is a gem” yuMee said simply. Henry turned to Leeteuk who also looked at him.

                “Is that so” Leeteuk draws near to Henry, he took a closer look on his face. YuMee looked as Leeteuk surveys Henry’s face carefully... as though searching his soul.

                “Err... h-hyung?” Henry spoke.

                “Yeap... he’s a gem” Leeteuk said. “A white opal gem, part of opalite gem” Hnery was shocked, so was YuMee. Kyuhyun tensed at the second...

                “You can identify gems?” YuMee asked. Leeteuk looked at her closely and smiled.

                “I can identify them, but I can’t tell it by far... I’ll just know it” Leeteuk said then looked at Kyuhyun. “Is Kyuhyun a gem?”

                Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes, looking at Leeteuk as he was going towards him.

                “I don’t think Kyuhyun is a gem” YuMee said softly.

                But Leeteuk kept on going near Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun’s heartbeat seemed to go fast as Leeteuk goes closer. Kyuhyun could see Leeteuk’s sharp eyes, looking inside of him. Kyuhyun was definitely freaked out by this action... just then, Leeteuk widens his eyes.

                ‘You’re a gem...’ Leeteuk spoke in Kyuhyun’s mind. Kyuhyun avoided Leeteuk’s gaze.

                ‘So what if I am...’ Kyuhyun replied in his mind too. YuMee looked at Henry who seemed to be shocked. YuMee frowned, it took a while that Leeteuk surveyed Kyuhyun.

                “Is... everything alright?” YuMee asked. Leeteuk turned his back and he seemed ticked off.

                “Yeah” Leeteuk responded. Kyuhyun smirked and just took a seat near the fire.

                “So I was saying...” YuMee said softly, sensing the tensed situation they are suddenly in. Henry seemed to be in distance, as though he found something unbelievable. “Err... about Henry gemnification?” Henry suddenly rooted on his seat.

                “How come you don’t call me oppa?” Henry pouted.

                “Err... I think we’re of the same age” YuMee somehow gave a chuckle as Henry just huffed.

                “Henry’s Gemnification, you say?” Leeteuk said softly.

                “Neh...” YuMee nods. “He’s a gem right?” Leeteuk gave YuMee and Henry a soft smile.

                “My lady... there are things or facts that I should tell you about gems” Leeteuk said and YuMee listened attentively. “Henry is a part of opallite gem. Even though he is a gem as a being, but he needs to be united with his 2 brothers”

                “I have a brother?!” Henry blurted out.

                “Uhm... not exactly a blood-relation brother, but the other opallites. Henry, you are a white opal, your other brother is the black opal gem and the one who will connect both of you is called the Opal gem” Leeteuk explained, “Henry can’t yet”

                “Ohhhh... really, so I  must have to wait!” Henry said as he smiled widely. YuMee looked at Leeteuk curiously.

                “You really know the gems really well” YuMee said. Leeteuk smiled warily at her.

                “Well you see... soon as I was born, or got at the right age. All memories of the past Diamond Gem will come to me suddenly... I could always see my past no matter how much I want to forget. The diamond stays forever... other gems could be free from memories... except for me”

                YuMee suddenly got goosebumps hearing this from Leeteuk. She doesn’t know whether to be amazed by his gift or be sad by the curse... as he said... diamonds stay forever... Leeteuk seemed to have gone through so much things.

                She looked at the fire...

                This was just the beginning...

 


 

AiMei: ANYEOOOONGGGG! Merry christmas to all of you!!! Thank you for reading the fic, I hope you'll leave a comment!!! :D
 

So now...I was wondering about this chapter... Leeteuk found out Kyuhyun is a gem... how come he didn't tell it to YuMee? Leeteuk's been a rough situations... I wonder what he gone through? Find out!!!