Chapter 13

Ljoe, You Thief!

 

Your glass of water fell from your hands as you answered the phone weakly. "A-annyeonghasayeo?"
 
"I assume you read your father's  message." your father's secretary said.
 
You made a soft sound as your shaky hands clung on tightly to your phone.
 
A soft sigh came from the phone," This guy is a really good candidate. Your father wanted you to meet him beforehand but it seems like this candidate is really busy with his work. He also asked to keep his name a secret from you.. I guess he likes surprises huh? Haha?"
 
You could tell from your father's secretary that he really felt bad for you getting pulled into a marriage at such young age. Furthermore, it seems like this guy had simply no interest in you and that was why he was simply avoiding you.
 
"Do I... Do I have a choice?" you stuttered, anger boiling inside of you. The secretary sighed, obviously hinting to you that you didn't have a choice.
 
"Can't they let me choose? They were never once here for me when I needed them and now they want me to marry a stranger when I'm only 18?!" you growled and the secretary tried explaining to you but you hung up on him.
 
*I don't want any other people in my future. I don't want to have a stranger as my husband. I want Ljoe. I want him to be the one. He's an important person too so why can't he be the one?*
 
"I REFUSE!" he slammed the door in front of his mom's face. They were going on and on about it once again. He knew he was going to marry this 18 year old girl that he had no idea who she was but he just couldn't stop thinking about you. That long eyelashes of yours, slightly furry eyebrows, long sharp nose, and thin red kissable lips.
 
He only wanted you in his future. He didn't care if you were the one who practically forced him to come back, he didn't care if you lied to him, he didn't care if you were clumsy, dumb or anything else. He loved you. He loved you as a whole, with your flaws and your good points. This was something he knew so clearly from the bottom of his heart.
 
And on that day when he wanted to confess to you and tell you that he forgave you, his parents told him the news, and that was the day of the company dinner.
 
"And you just had to dress so stunningly beautiful." Ljoe snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the sound of keys silently unlocking his door. He cussed under his breathe as he opened his window wide and without a second thought, he jumped down.
 
"Young master?!" He could vaguely hear calls for him as people turned to look down from the window. Ljoe smirked as he blew a kiss to his mom before running off. They should know that Ljoe is capable of doing anything and everything whenever they forced him to do something he hated.
 
"You broke the last stick, mom. Now I might consider eloping. We'll see how you can stand it when I-..." Ljoe simply couldn't complete his sentence as he burst into laughter. *Yeah, if that happens, Eun Ji would probably nag at me for the rest of my life.* Ljoe chuckled in amusement as he sprinted towards your apartment.
 
 
You bent down to pick up the broken pieces of glasses when you accidentally pricked your finger. You yelped in pain when suddenly there were sounds of someone opening the door from outside. Your eyes widened, realizing no one else had the keys anymore except the landlord but the landlord had mentioned that he would be going on a holiday.
 
You walked past the broken pieces carefully and took a knife from the kitchen before moving towards the door. The door clicked as it opened slowly. You shut your eyes tightly as you waved your knife around. You felt your knife touch someone's hand but that didn't stop you from waving the knife.
 
"YAH HWANG EUN JI!" he yelped and you opened your eyes the minute you recognized that beautiful voice you've missed so much.
 
"Ljoe?" you held the knife in one hand as you wanted to hug him when he stopped you. "Dangerous things away first. I don't want to lose my life to you."
 
You pouted and placed the knife on the dinning table when Ljoe groaned. "Yah Hwang Eun Ji, what is this? Shattered glass all over the walkway, are you trying to kill me?" You blushed as you made your way to where Ljoe was standing when you realize blood dripping down from his arm.
 
"Ljoe... Your arm..." You stuttered when Ljoe frowned, "Are you seriously not going to call me oppa anymore?"
 
You ignored that as you yanked his arm towards you. Yes, being the clumsy Eun Ji, you accidentally cut his left arm and thank goodness it wasn't a deep cut.
 
"It's the second time, isn't it?" Ljoe looked at you affectionately as you rumbled for the first aid kit. "Aha!" you grinned as you brought the first aid kit to where he was sitting.
 
"What second time?" you asked as you took antiseptic out of the first aid kit. Ljoe used his right hand to knock your head slightly.
 
"Ouch! What was that for?" you whined as Ljoe frowned, "Second time you misunderstood me as a thief. Seriously? Do I really look like one?"
 
You nodded innocently as Ljoe knocked your head once more. You pouted as you pressed on his wound with a little more strength and Ljoe winced at that. Even so, he adored the way you made small revenge on him.
 
*I must be crazily in love.*
 
"Stop staring at me." you placed the antiseptic and leftover plasters back into the first aid kit. "Done already? Are you sure you cleaned up my wound properly? You are responsible for my wound, you know!"
 
You blinked, "It's been 20 minutes since I started cleaning up your wound." Ljoe's eyes widened as he looked at the clock that hung on the wall and yes, you were right. It has been 20 minutes. *I like you so much that I don't even know time has slipped by. My my Eunji, what have you done to me?*
 
You cleared your throat awkwardly as you noticed Ljoe's intense stare. "So erm... I thought you didn't have your keys anymore... And you even told me you won't forgive me.."
 
"I left something important here." Ljoe said as he watched how your expression darkened. *Cute~*
 
"Oh.." You muttered as you swept up the broken glass pieces.
 
*Babo. I left you here.* Ljoe chuckled as he watch you clean up the broken pieces with a really depressed look.
 
"I kept a spare set of keys, just in case." Ljoe explained as he got up from the chair and walked towards you. You were too lost in your thoughts of how Ljoe wouldn't forgive you when suddenly a pair or warm and strong arms embraced you from behind.
 
You gasped at the sudden contact and blushed really badly when you felt his hot breathe on your neck.
 
Ljoe cooed, "I left you behind. I forgave you long ago. No wait, I was never once angry at you. Neither did I blame you. I always thought that you were the most innocent and beautiful girl on earth. I couldn't answer your calls as my parents changed my number and I even had to redye my hair to this ugly colour and I'm surprised you didn't even mention about it."
 
After what Ljoe said, you realized he did redye his hair. And you preferred that purple hair of his as well but as long as it's Ljoe, you would love his everything.
 
"I'm sorry-..." Ljoe quickly turned you around and his lips crashed into yours. The kiss was soft, loving and tender. Ljoe pulled your waist closer, wanting to devour you but he was careful with you. He wouldn't give you any other rough kiss he gave his other previous girlfriends because you are simply like a fragile glass in his hands, priceless to him and he would definitely show the best love he could shower you before he got married to someone he didn't love.
 
[ To everyone out there who missed EunjixLjoe~]