Chapter 9

Will I get through this?

 

Yoseob POV

I grin widely as I strut down the stage. Even after the song has finished, the crowd still appears to be pondering about it, clapping and hollering cheers. Also, the feel of her small and soft hands continues to stay in my mind. The thought of her not wanting to let go of my hand only helps to widen my smile.

“Yoseob,” calls a deep voice, interrupting my thoughts. It belonged to the middle-aged who I recall to be Jiyeon’s dad, Mr.Lee.

I nod, giving a slight bow. “Mr.Lee?”

“Great job out there son,” he says with a warm smile, “Thanks for the wonderful perfomance.” He pats my back as he moves in closer to give me a friendly hug. I accept it warmly.

“It was my pleasure Mr.Lee,” I say while shaking his hand, “I wish your daughter all the best.” He nods acceptingly and opens his mouth, about to say something only to be interrupted.

 “Appa!” exclaims a high-pitched voice from behind, causing Mr. Lee to jump back in surprise.

He clears his throat and steps away from me, “Ah, Jieun-ah!” I turn around at her name and her eyes squints into small arches as her lips form a smile. Mr. Lee walks over to her and gives her a hug while his daughter kisses his cheek. “I was just talking to Yoseob. You guys were wonderful. Aren’t you glad that he went up there instead of me?”  Mr. Lee says.

“Yeah, I guess…” she replies, looking at me for a second, “but I’m still pretty upset. I was expecting you up there.” I frown, not aware of this.

I clear my throat, “Oh, was that the case? I’m sorry Jieun-ssi. If I had known, I wouldn’t have sabotaged the stage.”

Jieun’s eyebrows knit as she hears this. “What do you mean?” she asks, her tone slightly raised. I gulp nervously, confused because of her change of attitude. Repulsively, I look to Mr. Lee.

“Ahniya, Jieun-ah. Your sister asked him to sing the duet with you after hearing you wanted to perform. He was just doing the favour.” Mr. Lee explains causing Jieun to sigh. He continues, “It was my fault. I never told you, knowing you wouldn’t have done it otherwise.”

I glance between the two anxiously, unsure if I should still be here. I retreat slowly and as if on cue both turn to look at me. Unconsciously, I let out a grin.

“Umm… I guess I’ll leave you two alone,” I excuse myself bowing. However, just as I was about to leave, Jieun calls me.

“Yoseob-ssi!” she exclaims, walking over to me and taking my hand in hers. “Just wanted to say thanks,” she whispers, shaking my hand. She kept her gaze down and away from me, causing a grin to work its way up my mouth. How cute, I thought to myself.

I lean into her, whispering right back at her, “My pleasure.” With that she lets go of my hand and I walk back to my table with the same ol’ grin plastered on my face. 

IU POV

“Uggghhhhhhh!!” I groan loudly as I fall onto my seat. Exhausted, I grab the nearest drink off of the table and chug it down my throat. I cringe at the taste of it and immediately bring down the glass with a frown. I examine it carefully, realizing I drunk clear brown liquid instead of water. As a result, my throat begins to burn instantly. I frantically search for the water this time and quickly bring it to my lips to wash out the taste. However even after finishing the glass, the bitter taste of the liquor remains in my mouth.

“Aigoo…who drank the whiskey this time?” asks a frustrated Kikwang. My eyes widen in realization as to what it was. I whip my head at Kikwang, glaring at him. He looks at me and then to my hand that was gripping the empty glass. He gulps nervously, “A-ah…um… Suzy did you call me?” He asks, trying to escape discreetly. I grab him at his collar and his eyes widen in surprise.

“Jieun-ah!” Suzy exclaims, running to Kikwang. She holds my hand, trying to pry my fingers off of Kikwang’s shirt. I sigh in defeat, finally letting go off him. “What happened?” Suzy asks, panicked.

“I drank whiskey from Kikwang’s glass,” I mumble quietly, keeping my head low.

Suzy gasps and turns to Kikwang. “YAH! PABO!” she scolds, slapping his arm. “Don’t you know she gets drunk really easily?! That glass of whiskey is enough to make her tipsy!” she hisses.

"A-Ahniya! I d-did't know! She took my drink!" he stutters with nervous eyes.

I sigh, shaking my head despite the constant pounding, “Don't worry about it. I’m fine.” They both look at me in concern, Kikwang with a guilty expression on. “Just give me a second. I gotta make a trip to the bathroom,” I mutter. I get up with my legs feeling as wobbly as ever. I clutch onto my chair for support watching as the ground move from side to side.

“I’ll come with you!” Kikwang offers, rushing to my side. He wraps his arm around my waist, escorting me gently.

“I’ll follow after! I’m just taking this call…mianhe Jieunie!” Suzy says as I manage to make it out faintly over the increasing volume of the beating in my head. I nod weakly as Kikwang leads the way to the washroom. I try to take it easy step by step but I really can’t ignore the crooked floor below me. I take in a deep breath and mindlessly let go of my hold on Kikwang.

“Jieun-ah, I’ll wait for you out here ‘k?”

I give him a small nod and walk down the dark and narrow hallway to the ladies. Just then I felt the ground becoming unlevelled. I curse under my breath as I felt myself tipping over. I reach out my arm to grab onto the nearest sturdy object for support but there was none. Instead, I felt myself crashing onto a pair of sturdy arms. I try to make out what I can with my blurry vision only to no avail. Clutching onto the stong pair of arms, I figured it was Kikwang. I pull myself together and try to balance myself with my faulty pair of legs. Yet, I curse for the second time as my heels fail me.

"Mianhe," I grunt as I collapse onto him.

 


It's Jan. 5 in Korea right now so......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOSEOB! :D

Hope you guys liked the chapter. It's Yoseob's first POV! (I got tired of writing with just IU's perspective :P ) And now, readers!  I get happy with the notifications from all the new subscribers and the new comments, THANKS GUYS! :D I should start replying to comments because I feel the love <33 LOL. Anyway thanks for putting up with me :)