Chapter 19

Will I get through this?

FInally an update!! Happy reading~! :D If I'm in the mood I might just post another chapter so subscribe ;D


Yoseob POV

I scramble through the empty hallways running to reach Doojoon’s office. It’s just my luck that he happened to be in the highest floor at the office farthest away from the elevator. I would complain, except I really have no right to do that. I pass through a number of practice rooms. Some empty and some with the music playing full blast. With a grunt, I finally turn the corner to come face with a furious Hyuna.

“It’s 9:30,” she says, her tone flat.

I huff, checking my watch as if I doubted her. “I had troubles with parking,” I frown.

She rolls her eyes, not buying my excuse. “Of course,” she says, raising an eyebrow at the empty road seen from the window.

I gulp nervously as I spot my lone car parked right before the building’s entrance. So much for lying, I sigh. “Sorry,” I apologize, the only word that I could reply with.

She grumbles and finally walks over to Doojoon’s door. I follow her from a good metre behind, a safe distance. She knocks, and then turns the knob and peeks through the crack. Making sure she wasn’t interrupting, she finally opens the door fully and slides in smoothly-it's a habit learned as a consequence of showing up late in a regular basis. I sneakily shadow after her.

“Hi,” she greets politely once we were both spotted. “Sorry we’re late. I had to wait for Seob, again.”

I clear my throat nervously as I meet Doojoon’s judging glare. Under these circumstances, I learned not to give any excuses. Unless I was dead, then there is no other reason for showing up late for the millionth time that will ever be legitimate. “Sorry,” I say sincerely, hoping to put an end to this. “How ‘bout we get started?”

He gives me a nod that holds up the upcoming lectures temporarily and the attention is then brought to the client sitting in front of Doojoon with her back towards us. “This is Lee Jieun,” he states, gesturing for her to introduce herself. I consider the name for a moment while the girl stands and turns to face us. My eyes widen in surprise.

“Kim Hyuna, dance instructor,” Hyuna says as I regained my composure. With a shake of their hands, she finally moves on to me. As expected, hangs slightly open in shock.

I chuckle, admiring her surprised expression. “I’m Yang Yoseob, but you already knew that,” I smile, “Vocal trainer.” She nods, her face blank. 

“You guys know each other?” Doojoon interrupts, his head looking up from the papers he was preparing. I take a glance at Jieun who was still in a state of daze.

“Yeah we do,” I say, watching him busy with the files.

“Perfect,” Doojoon replies. “That makes life so much simpler.”

“What do you mean?” I ask, confused. He shuffles through the papers and hands me a timetable. I scan through it for my name. Sure enough, vocal lessons were five times a day. I smile inwardly. Dance hardly even made it on to the paper. “Looks like you’ll be a solo singer,” I grin.

Hyuna jumps in, stealing the paper fron my hand. "Aaw, you're right," she frowns. "Seobie pretty much has you as his student," she continues, "but of course, I'll be there to help also."

“And me as well,” Doojoon agrees. I look at Jieun, making sure her eyes meet mine when I smile to her assuringly.“Why don’t you show her around Yoseob? Since you already know her. Hyuna, you have practice.”

I nod, walking over to Doojoon to see the rest of Jieun’s profile and audition evaluations. However just before I flippthrough the number of pages, I accidentally knocked over a pile of photographs that was sandwiched by an album. I bend over to pick them up carefully.

“Ugh,” Hyuna grunts, a sea of complaints already flowing out of but her words just seemed to grow muffled. I lift the pictures one by one, becoming engrossed in each of them. They were all couple pictures of Doojoon and Gayoon. Every single shot captured her perfect smile. I quietly examine them. When I reached the last photo, I noticed she wasn’t looking directly at the camera. Her face was turned towards it but her eyes were off somewhere else.  I recognized the shot. It was a picture from the Jeju Island trip we had as a group. It was the same day she revealed she was dating one of my best friends. I had taken that shot.

“Hyuna just go,” Doojoon says dismissively, snapping me out of my daze. Quickly, I stuff the photo in my pockets and leave the stack of pictures on his desk. In a rush, I attempted to return the pictures and files to their place.

IU POV

“Doojoon, we’re going too. See you,” Yoseob says, his fingers busy arranging the pile he had dropped. Once he was done, Doojoon nods straightening the remaining papers on the table.

“I’ll see you later as well Jieun-ssi,” he says, giving me a smile. “If there’s any problems, you know where to find me.”

“Thank you,” I smile, giving him a polite bow. When I look up, Yoseob was already in front of me.

“Let’s go?” he asks, his feet already headed outside.

I nod, tugging my bag higher up my shoulder and following him out the door. Behind me, he closes it shut with a quiet click and then quickly returns to my side. We start to walk down the narrow hallway with not a word spoken.

It seemed offsetting considering the events that occurred between us outside this building. There was no awkward silences with Yoseob, at least not until now. I was never the one to break them but seeing how it is, I knew the situation was calling for some rescue. I turn to him, opening my mouth to say something—anything. Instead, I caught him in a troubled state. He was with me in body, but surely not in mind.

“Yoseob?” I ask quietly, afraid that I was interrupting important thoughts.

He jerks back to reality, turning to face me as his steps slowed to a step. “Jieun, ” he starts off hesitantly, sharing me his thoughts. “Can I ask you something? Just hypothetically speaking,”

 I nod, giving him my cue.

“Say you have this friend. This friend told you a secret. Then let’s just say that this secret…once you know about it, you can’t be the same around your friend anymore.” He pauses, his eyes shifting to the ground as he buries his hands in his pockets.  “Like that friend’s kind of distant now, since the secret’s preventing you from feeling the same way you’ve felt for this friend- before you knew about the secret.”

I look at him, not knowing how to proceed. It wasn’t that I couldn’t relate. In fact, I could do anything more than being able to relate. My jaw clenches as I struggle to utter a word.

He looks up, his eyes boring into mine. “Then, if this friend was your best friend and you really do just miss that person so much. What would you do?

 

 


Questions? Confusions? COMMENT OR MESSAGE!

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to subscribe if you want more chapters!!

  

Good night guys!