Chapter 13

Will I get through this?

 

Hello, it's been a while ^^ remember to check out how the previous chapter ended to refresh your memory. And you'll know that I've skipped some parts. Hopefully you guys can pick up though :)


Yoseob POV 

With a large grin, I sling my arm around Dongwoon’s shoulder. We watch as Junhyung takes shy steps over to the girls’ table. Eventually, he catches Hara’s attention and he rubs his neck awkwardly. Laughing, I whistle loudly to catch his attention. Junhyung’s cheeks flush a deep red, and he sends a glare to the innocent  Dongwoon. I crack up even more.

“That wasn’t even me!” Dongwoon whines.

I chuckle, slapping his chest playfully. “Shhh! He’s gonna ask her to dance.” Dongwoon groans, rolling his eyes while I continue to poke fun at the embarrassed rapper.

Dongwoon nudges me at the side, wanting to steal my attention. “Hey hyung,” he starts.

“Hmm?” I reply inattentively. I turn my head slightly, not wanting to look away and miss the best part.

Dongwoon sighs and after some hesitation he finally asks. “What happened to you and Gayoon-noona?” I froze for a second, completely caught off guard.

Stopping, I turn to him now and give him my full attention. “Why?” I question him, my tone firm and serious.

He flinches slightly as he notices my change of attitude. “A-ahni, I’m just curious. It’s just…you didn’t come with her and you guys aren’t talking to each other,” he stutters.

My arm drops from his shoulder and I ruffle my hair in distress. “She’s dating Doojoon-hyung now,” I sigh.

And again, my eyes wander to the girls’ table. Only this time, I notice Gayoon was no longer sitting at the same spot. She was now freely dancing with Doojoon, her arms wrapped around his neck. Doojoon caresses her hair gently and she smiles at him lovingly. Soon enough, he leans in closer to her face, and I turn away immediately.

Dongwoon pats my back comfortingly, giving me a hug. I laugh, rubbing his back also. “I’m ok Woonie-ah, we were just friends.” He sighs, showing me that he wasn’t convinced. However, not wanting to develop the situation, he pulls away with a warm smile on his face.

“Hyung, you tell me when you need anything alright?” he offers.

I smile also, flicking the maknae playfully on the forehead. “Arrasseo,” I reply.  Looking past me, my smile works up to a grin as I eye Sohyun who was walking towards us. “I’ll go leave you two alone now. Tell me if you’re still going back to the dorm after this. Son Nam Shin,” I whisper to his ear. Giving him a wink, I pat his back before getting up from my seat to make room for the two maknaes.

He looks at me surprised, pulling my hand so I couldn’t leave. I shake my head, knowing they want to spend time together. Sohyun arrives in the scene and Dongwoon finally lets go. “Hyung, stay~” he pleads. I smile but waves at him before leaving.

IU POV

I wiggle uncomfortably in my seat as I watch Kikwang hold onto Suzy’s hand. The wedding so far has been a drag and time continues to be at its slowest. For the billionth time now, I sigh gravely as I watch people around me have fun. For sure, the couple sitting in front of me has been itching to get their feet to the dance floor. Yet, they continue to insist that sitting down is a better option.

“Suzy-ah, just go with Kikwang,” I tell her. “I’ll be fine. You know that I hate feeling like a burden.”

Suzy frowns, squeezing Kikwang’s hand. “We’re fine here! Right?” she asks, glancing at Kikwang who was preoccupied gazing at the dance floor. Suzy rolls her eyes and hits her boyfriend on the rib. Kikwang jumps in surprise.

“Omma-yah!” he squeaks, cursing as he turns his head to the side. Then, just as he does, he notices a familiar figure. “Oh! Yah! Yoseob-ah!” he exclaims, happy upon recognizing his friend.

 Surprised, the called male immediately finds the voice. He leaves his drink in the nearby counter and trudges over with a huge grin. “Annyeong!” he greets brightly, taking an empty chair beside Kikwang. He locks Kikwang in a tight hug and the two exchange quiet whispers to the opposite’s ear. As Kikwang pulls away, a huge grin was plastered on his face. His eyes were forming little arches as he giggles happily. Yoseob simply smiles.

Suzy clears , finding the situation strange. “So…” she starts awkwardly. Yoseob looks at her, giving her the full attention for what she has to say. Likewise, Kikwang places his elbows on the table, gazing at Suzy expectantly. Once again, Suzy clears , this time not knowing what to say. Her eyes then shift past us, searching the crowd. “Oh, Mr.Lee!” she suddenly exclaims.

I turn around, seeing my dad come closer to us. “Appa,” I smile, calling him over.

“Jieunie, Suzy-ah, annyeong,” he greets as he reaches our table. “This is Yoseob-ssi and who?” he asks, pointing at the two males.

Yoseob quickly stands up, pulling Kikwang along with him. A small chuckle escapes my lips as I notice the alarmed expression on both their faces. Kikwang looks at Yoseob blankly and he returns the same look back to him questioningly. Then taking the initiative, Yoseob bows and Kikwang soon follows.

“Annyeonghaesayo!” Yoseob greets to my dad, grinning widely.

Kikwang also grins, looking confident despite being clueless. “Annyeonghaesayo! We are soooo….” He trails off, looking at friend. “BEAST?” He exchanges glances with Yoseob, earning a big laugh out of Suzy and a slap from Yoseob.

Yoseob can only smile awkwardly. “Sorry about my friend. He’s Lee Kikwang, We normally introduce ourselves as BEAST, our band name.” Yoseob explains, smoothly saving the situation.

My dad chuckles. “It’s nice meeting you Kikwang-ssi,” he says, offering his hand for Kikwang to shake.

“Deh,” Kikwang replies. He gladly accepts the handshake and shows his famous eye-smile.

“Anyways, Beast you say?” my dad asks.  Yoseob and Kikwang nods. “It must be quite a band. Having heard Yoseob-ssi’s singing, you guys must be talented eh?”

Yoseob shakes his head. “Ahniyo, we’re really not that great.”

“Mhmm,” Kikwang agrees. “Just Yoseob, since he’s our main vocal.” Hearing this, Yoseob quickly shakes his head denyingly. Kikwang grins innocently again, showing his eye-smile. “But I’m the main dancer!” Kikwang adds.

“Dancer?” my dad asks, interested. “Why not go dance then? Suzy, why don’t you join him?” Kikwang’s face brightens immediately and Suzy giggles. My dad then turns to me, glancing back and forth from me to Yoseob. “Come on, Jieun-ah, Yoseob, you guys should also.”

I shake my head disapprovingly. However, already I was pulled up from my seat. In a flash, my dad has pushed me to the other side of the table, to Yoseob’s side. I bite on my bottom lip as feelings of anxiety and some excitement rush in my blood. A slow song begins to play and I flinch. Yoseob turns around, noticing me now. I couldn’t look at his face as for sure I was blushing. A chuckle erupts from him and I feel my cheeks burning now. Then, his hand reaches out, right before me.

He clears his throat and asks, “May I have this dance?”

 

 


 

Hello readers :D Did you guys notice? I mostly write in Yoseob POV ;P Probably cuz I know him more than I know IU. I'm a b2uty ;P Tell me if you guys want more IU POV in the next chapter tho, cuz I can do that for you too :D 

 

Anyway, that's it for now. Thanks for reading and love you lots <3