Chapter 2

Will I get through this?

 

“Yoseob-ah, snap out of it!” calls a loud voice, making me instinctively look up. A group of six boys were standing at the door of the bus, laughing happily. Luck for them. At least, they’re having a good time.

Among them was short black-haired boy who was engaged in a conversation with the guy who shouted earlier. Ah, that boy must’ve been the silhouette at the bus stop. He was wearing the same white hoodie and had the same ragged styled hair. This time however, I was able to see his face clearly. He was smiling so happily with his dimples showing and his eyes crinkling. I somehow envied him for that.

He looks away from his friend and turns his head to the back of the bus. His smile has now faded, replaced with an urgent expression. He looks like he’s searching for someone but he stops when he meets my eyes. Surprisingly, he smiles again when he finds that I was looking at him this whole time. Even more, he gives me an unexpected wave. I continued to gaze at him, confused. He opens his mouth, as if about to shout but then he staggers as his friend gives him a push when the bus door opens. Unknowingly a smile has crept up my face as I see him fighting with his friend at the sidewalk. The rest of his group has already left the two of them behind. I continued to watch them argue as the bus starts to move again. The black-haired boy flickers his eyes away from his friend and looks into bus windows. He sees me again and waves but the bus was already turning the corner.

I get off at the next stop. Mrs. Yang informed earlier that the bouquet was ready for pick up and here I am now, rushing to the flower shop. I’ve got only twenty minutes until I have to be at my sister’s place to get ready for the ceremony. Can I make it? Sure I can, unless of course I want to be killed by my mother. A little too eagerly, I pull the glass door and rushed into the shop.

“Hi, Mrs. Yang, I made it,” I smiled, panting.

Mrs. Yang chuckles as she turns to the refrigerated bouquets. “Yes you did, Jieun. And here’s your sister’s bouquet,” she smiles as she looks at the bouquet proudly. I have to admit, it was beautiful.

“Wow, Mrs. Yang. You’ve outdone yourself,” I mutter, “this is gorgeous.”

“Don’t worry Jieun-ah. When you’re wedding comes, I’m sure to make an even better bouquet,” she winked at me. I smile to her gratefully as I accepted the bouquet.

“Thanks Mrs. Yang, but that wedding will take a lifetime before it happens,” I chuckle. I turned around to head back to the exit.

“I’m telling you Jieun, I can introduce you to my nephew! He’s a looker and you gotta trust me!” she says again. I laugh, thinking how many times she’s told me this.

“Alright, Mrs. Yang. I’ll be heading back now,” I giggle.

“I’ll tell him to text you!” she adds.

“Yup, you go do that,” I say, “Bye Mrs. Yang!” I turn to her for the last time before heading out. She gives me a wave and I go outside with the bouquet secured in my hands. 

 

 

 


Hi :D So, I decided to make Yoseob a different character but I still don't know who the best friend should be. Any specific names you guys want or should it just be a made up person? Comment! And thanks for subscribing :D See you soon~