Chapter 18

Will I get through this?

 

Yoseob

“Hyung!” Dongwoon exclaims the moment I open the door of our shared apartment. He was obviously expecting me, his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes watching me observantly. “Where were you? We’ve been trying to contact you since last night.”

Ashamed, I lower my eyes as I yank my keys from the doorknob and close it gently. “My phone’s dead,” I frown, slipping off my black dress shoes. “I wasn’t too worried since I thought you wouldn’t come home last night,” I continue. I pull out my phone from the back pocket of my pants and chucked it to him. “I’m sorry, Woonie,” I apologize sincerely. “I have work today at Cube, can you do me a favour and plug it in? Doojoon’s probably trying to call me right now but I still need to shower.”

Dongwoon sighs heavily. “Fine, but we’re talking when you get home.” I grin, hugging him tightly as I pass him by.

“Of course,” I laugh as I release him. “Now, I gotta rush!” I exclaim, zooming past him towards the direction of my room.

“Hyung, have some breakfast first!” he shouts from the kitchen.

“Already did!” I answer, grabbing my towel from my desk chair. Having stripped off my jacket and my belt, I quickly run to the bathroom. I catch a glimpse of Dongwoon in the dining table as he indulged on a bowl of cereal.

“Where?!” he shouts, his voice barely audible due to the overload of food in his mouth.

I grin, being reminded of my early morning encounters with Jieun. “At a friend’s!” I exclaim brightly. He shouts back but I was already inside the bathroom. Bothered by the ticking clock, I immediately stripped off the rest of my clothing and replied back at him. “We’ll talk later!”

~~

As I the shower overhead, I literally jumped back as the freezing cold water pelted my skin. Dodging it as much as possible, I reached for the nozzle to adjust the water’s temperature. I twisted it to the hottest setting possible but even then, only cold water flowed from overhead. I huffed, rubbing shampoo over my head quickly to reduce the time I had to spend under the water. I scrubbed myself clean, not wasting any second. So within a flash, I had my hair washed and my body rinsed from soap. By the time I was done though, my body was shivering although refreshed.

“Dongwooon!!!!” I yelled loudly as I open the bathroom door. He appears from the end of hallway, all dressed and ready to go.

“What, hyung?” he asks.

“You used up all the hot water again!”

He pauses, pulling on a sweater and grabbing his keys. “Hyung, do you have time for this? Doojoon-hyung just called and he’s pissed.”

“!” I exclaim, quickly rushing out the bathroom with just the towel wrapped around my lower body. I quickly ransack through my closet, pulling on my favourite black jeans and a clean white tee. “Where’s he at?” I yell to Dongwoon.

“At the recording studio,” he replies, his voice gradually growing louder as he makes his way to my room. “Apparantly your client’s supposed to be coming at 9a.m?” he continues, unsure as he looks at me struggling to get my hair dry in time.

“What time is it?” I ask him over the screeching of my blow dryer. I ran my hands quickly through the wet strands hoping to dry them in less than a second.

Dongwoon glances at his watch, his eyebrows rising in surprise. “8:30,” he says. “Hyung, hurry! I gotta go now, my class starts at 9:30.”

I curse, shutting off my hair dryer and quickly styling my hair with wax. Although messy and tousled, I assumed it looked presentable and so I grabbed my varsity jacket and pocketed my keys and wallet. Leaving my room with the loud shut of the door, I searched for my phone. It rang as soon as I had it in my hand. I cursed again once I saw the caller ID. Doojoon-hyung.

Pressing my phone to my ear, I answer while I rush to get my shoes on. “Hello?”

“Yoseob! Where are you right now?” Doojoon asks, his voice booming over the receiver.

I hesitated as I answer. “Errr,” I bit on my bottom lip as I slipped on my other shoe, “On the highway…”

He sighs loudly, “It’s almost 9a.m! Get over here quickly!”

I take a last glance over the apartment, making sure I didn’t leave anything behind. “Yeah, for sure. I'll be there in time, hyung.” Nope, got everything. Locking the door behind me, I rushed to catch the empty elevator while replying to Doojoon in a huff. “The traffic’s crazy, I’ll call you back.” I lower my phone as I hang up. The elevator dinged and with it I rushed out to my car and speeded down the road.

IU POV

I tapped my foot on the carpeted floor, bored as ever. Glancing at my watch, I groan unsure whether this was the right decision. I knew I should’ve protested when Jiyeon dragged me to Cube’s auditions. Now I’m here stuck while I wait for the man who called me just the other day. He was supposedly meeting me at 9a.m, in regards to my audition. Accepted or not, I really didn’t care. Although singing is a passion, I’m not one who desires to express it.

Just to my right was the exit, and I wavered whether or not to follow it. However, the door soon opens and in enters a tall man, noticeably handsome. His features were sharp and his hair spiked, only working to emphasize them. He was carrying a file folder, perhaps containing all my information.

“Hi,” he greets, flashing a toothy smile. I stand immediately as he extends his arm. “My name’s Yoon Doojoon.”

I gladly accept his hand. “I’m Lee Jieun,” I introduce, my voice emitting similar friendliness. “Nice to meet you.”

He gives me a friendly nod and then opens the folder. I was right. There sitting on the table in front of him was my profile. He skims through it quickly and returns back to me. A huge grin was on in face as he shuts the folder closed.  “Looks like we’ll be seeing each other for the next while, aren’t we?”

I look at him, confused. “Yes?”

“Nobody told you yet?”  he asks me, surprised.

I only stare at him blankly.

“Well then,” he chuckles, “Welcome to Cube Entertainment Ms. Lee Jieun.”

 

 


Unedited chapter... I wanted to post an update before it's too late. 

Anyway... here's yoseob:

 ^^

That's all. Thanks for reading! Byeee!