Introduction

Will I get through this?

 

 

My fatigue has gone on overdrive due to the hectic schedule I had to cover for today. To make matters worse, the buzzing of the cars overwhelmed my ears. I groan as I dragged my two heavy feet inside the bus shelter. The next bus doesn’t arrive until 15 minutes, I know it. I pull out my IPod from bag and untangle my earphones. Hopefully I’ll be able to drown myself in music and get some proper rest, even if it is just 15 minutes. I pressed the play button and Big Bang hums in my ears. I smiled to myself as I felt my system calming. Soon enough my mind began drifting off to my dreamland.

“Miss?” a soothing voice calls me. I look up to see a manly silhouette whose face was blurry due to the blinding crepuscular light. The music has stopped playing in my ears and I realized I must’ve fallen into deep slumber.

“Oh god,” I mutter as my eyes fell onto the numbers flashing on the man’s watch. I hurriedly fix myself as I pull out my phone. Calls, I need to make them quick. I bowed to the man standing in front of me, thanking him for waking me up. I haven’t had the chance to even see his face as my phone buzzed uncontrollably. “Thanks,” I say to him as the bus arrives. I pick up the call and enter the bus. The bus driver gives me a nod and I make my way to a nearby seat.

“Lee Jieun!” my mother shouts to my ear. I flinch away in response, removing the phone from my ear.

“Mom, I’m so sorry!” I replied in a panicked voice. “I’ll be there soon, I promise! I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

“Well you better make it in five. Don’t you dare forget the bouquet!” she scolds me in her demanding mother tone.

“Yes, I understand,” I sigh. The line clicks and I lower my phone to my lap.

It’s my sister’s wedding and also my best friend’s and as much as I hate to be the maid in honor, I have to be. I mean, what type of sister would I be if I reject? I shouldn’t even be complaining. Usually when your sister asks you to be the maid of honor, you would be happy right? I rubbed my temples in order to reduce the stress. I try to bring myself to a smile as I thought about the non-existent happiness this wedding would bring to me. But, I can’t. Not unless it’s me who would be getting married to him.

A sigh escapes my lips. I was the one who has always been with him in his good and bad times. I was the one who stuck up to him even when the whole world was shutting him down. I was the one who gave up my date to the dance just so I can comfort him when his date left him. I was the one who gave up my singing career because he couldn’t make it in the auditions. But guess what? I was also the idiot who supported him when he started falling for my sister. I was the selfless friend who encouraged this relationship. And I guess I’m just earning what I deserve: my sister’s happiness and my best friend’s happiness.

Before I could even control it, a tear has escaped my eye and so has another. I try to stop it because I have to look good when I go up to meet the soon-to-be newlyweds. However the more I try to do so, the more it contradicts me. Well at least I’ve let it out now, and not later at the ceremony. I wipe my eyes and closed them. I should really get over this, I thought to myself.

 


 

Just a short intro to the story. I hope you liked it :D Oh and comment on who you think IU's best friend should be. I think you guys would have a better idea than I would. Anyway, thanks to all the subscribers, I love to see people looking forward to my updates :) Remember to comment~