Chapter 10

Will I get through this?

 

Yoseob POV

“Hyung, are you still there?” Dongwoon asks for the fifth time now.  I roll my eyes in annoyance.

“Yes, Woonie. I’m still here, and I'll still be here when you ask again,” I sigh. “Just hurry up please. Is your stomach feeling any better?”

He whimpers in the stall, “No, not really hyung. I think I really am lactose intolerant.” I clicked my tongue.

“Dongwoon, you know your stomach doesn’t agree with milk,” I scold him. “You do this all the time.” He lets out another whimper and I couldn’t help but to feel pity for him. The poor guy must really be in pain.

“Hyuunnngg….I’m sorry!” he cries at the same time a stranger comes in the washroom. The man looks from me and to the stall Dongwoon’s at. I cower away in embarrassment as he looks me in disgust. Thankfully my phone rings, saving me from whatever his thoughts may be.

“Dongwoon-ah, I’ll be outside for a minute. I gotta take this call. Stay there ok? Don’t do anything stupid,” I tell him, earning myself a weird “yes” in return. Then after making sure he’s alright, I step out of the bathroom to answer the call.

A few distances off, I check the number. Another telemarketer, I groan as I swipe my finger across the screen, deciding that it’s best to reject it. Sighing, I put my phone back into my suit pocket and turn back to check up on Dongwoon. However on my way there, a strange figure begins to walk towards my direction. She was walking shakily in her heels, clutching onto her head. Being the gentleman that I am, I decide to help her out.

“Excuse me, miss?” I ask as she approaches me. Her head tilts up slightly but not enough to see my face. Then instead of the reply that I was expecting, she reaches out and grabs my arm. I slightly stumble as she loses her balance. Worried, I look down at her as she grasps onto me tightly.

Although I couldn’t see her face, I was pretty sure I knew who she was. She seemed to be in her late teens or early twenties and was wearing a dress that matches mine. I squeeze my memory to remember her name only to be interrupted as she holds onto me even more tightly. I steal glance at her face as she struggles to stable herself. Those adorable almond eyes, small lips, and cute little nose….ah! Lee Jieun-ssi!

“Mianhe,” she mutters, interrupting my thoughts. She then falls onto me without warning. Surprised, I catch her in my arms. I embrace her securely, not wanting for her to fall again.

I then ask her in concern, “Gwenchanesayo?” She stirs in my arms and I feel her weight pressing onto me. A smile creeps up my mouth as she hugs me tighter. Is she asleep?

Just then I notice Kikwang running to my direction, constantly bowing. “I’m so sorry! Please excuse her! I’m so sorry! I’ll take her from you if you don’t mind,” he apologizes, not even noticing it was me. I grin mischievously.

“Ahniya, I’ll take her home for tonight,” I joke, smirking as I hear him gasp. He stands up automatically with an alarmed expression. I laugh when his expression changes as he notices it was me.

“Yah! Not funny, Yoseob-ah!” he exclaims, pouting. “I don’t know what will happen to me if something happens to her.”

“Gurae?” I ask him in a taunting manner. “Then I guess I’ll go ahead and take her home tonight,” I continue, laughing.

“Aish!” he exclaims. “Just give her to me!” he hisses, stomping over to take her from my arms.

I chuckle along, “Arrasso.” I loosen my embrace on her, causing her to wake up. Unknowingly, my eyes fall on her wet eyes, travelling along to her slightly parted lips. I shake away such thoughts as she grips onto the fabric of my suit. When Kikwang tries to take her away from me, she whimpers in disagreement. A chuckle escapes my throat as Kikwang looks at her in confusion.

“Jieun-ah…” Kikwang says gently, pulling on her arm. She groans as he does so and hugs me tightly. Kikwang sighs in defeat, glaring at me.

 “Why are you blaming me?” I gape at him.

Kikwang rolls his eyes, “Because you’re being a Yoseob.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?!” I scoff at him, letting my arm drop from Jieun’s back. She then looks up at me with concerned eyes.

“Oppa, what’s wrong?” she asks reaching out to brush her hand on my face gently. I feel my cheeks heat up as she does so. I look at Kikwang for help. He just shrugs in response. I was about to let go of her but then she buries her face in my chest. I look down at her, noticing the constant rise and fall of her chest Her breathing was shaky. Is she crying? Alarmed, I hug her again and pat her back comfortingly. Kikwang looks at me strangely.

“Something’s wrong,” I tell him, “I’ll bring her back, I promise.” Kikwang nods looking scared.

“Yoseob-ah, don’t do anything stupid on her,” he warns me, “I’ll seriously kill you.”

I wrap my arm around Jieun’s waist. “I know. I’ll have her back in less than an hour. Oh and check up on Dongwoon for me. He’s inside the washroom.” Kiwang nods, understanding. Then, I lead Jieun through the back exit with her tucked securely at my side. 

 


Helloooo I'm back ^^ School will start again and I'll be too busy to update. Hopefully my teachers will be nice.. but they're not :/

If there's anything you guys want, drop a comment below. 

New readers, subscribe for more updates! ;) 

And Iove you all for enjoying the story <3