Isn't Your Future Mine Too?

You Screwed Up, Oh Sehun

Chapter 9 - Isn't Your Future Mine Too?

Sehun’s POV

“Where’s Shin Sena?” I asked her best friends. They were on their way to sit on the table next to us. They stopped walking and looked at me. I tilted my head, waiting for their response.

“Oh come on, Sehun.” Kai patted my back. “You saw her in Math class just now.” I looked back at my hyung and stuck my tongue at him.

“They’re inseparable,” Baekhyun pointed out. “Sehun now has completely changed into a stalker.” I squeezed his milk and spilled some of them on the table. He glared at me and went on his rant about taking care of such disregarding son on Chanyeol and started their drama.

“So much for being a mature boyfriend for Sena,” Luhan joked and threw some French fries at me. I glared at him while the other hyungs just laughed. I turned to Jini and Sejin again. We were now used to each others’ presence.

“Come sit here~” Chen called the two girls. They shook their heads and turned to the vacant table. Chen face fell and he pouted. Oh, did I tell you that he has an unrequited love for Jini? That hyung went on all the fate stuff, saying how she fell for her in their swimming class. She’s his mermaid, like he said. Xiumin laughed frantically at Chen’s failure and was hovering to stop himself on Luhan’s shoulder.

“C-H-E-N, the master playboy was rejected!” he couldn’t bring himself together. I just shook my head and turned to her friends again. Well?

“She’s—,” Something blocked and interrupt my view. I huffed back in my seat and know exactly who this is. I looked up to meet Lexy’s gaze and she gave out her best radiance fake smile. “Well, well. What do we have here?” Tao rolled his eyes. He has always hated the queenkas in this school.

“Hi, boys.” She waved and giggled as her other friends caught up with her. They laughed some more and walked away. Can’t they just go to their table without doing any funny business with us? Before walking past Jini and Sejin, Kyungmi purposely pushed Jini, causing her to choke on her milk. It was obviously intended since they’re busily laughing on the poor girl.

I looked at her in sympathy while Sejin is busy helping her to wipe away the spilled milk. Chen saw all of that and went over to help her too. “Here comes the Romeo~” Kris . I just chuckled seeing how nervous he is comparing to when he’s with other girls.

“Let me,” he took out his handkerchief, brushing it against Jini’s chest. Uh-huh, not a wise thing to do, hyung. Turning into such an awkward guy, Chen accidentally touched her—well um, let’s just says that Chen hyung did wrong. The rest were already chuckling next to me and I continued to stare as well.

“YOU ERT, GET AWAY FROM ME!”

-------------------------------

Art Class—ah, here it is! I turned the door slightly, trying to surprise Sena. I peeked through the door and they’re right. Sejin, during the chaos earlier told me where Sena is since break time is almost over. I, of course, hurriedly went here. Sena is doing her art thingy. And boy does she look extra beautiful and classy when she’s painting.

I’ve always known that Sena’s the best artist in the school—but no, I never know that she’s this good. Silently closing the door behind me, there’s no else apart from us here. I’m examining what she’s working on. She looked back, as if she already knows that I’m here.

I waved at her and she smiled, her face was clearly tired from all the works. Sena continued to resume on her painting so I grabbed the chair and sat next to her. “How’s everything going?”

“Well, since this is for my university application, it’s a bit more burdensome than ever.” She wiped away the sweats on her forehead and left a trace of red paint there. I chuckled to myself, shaking my head. “Not to mention that I finish off quite late than the others…so yeah. It’s a big pressure too.”

“That’s fine,” I patted her shoulder. “You’re the best in here, right? You’ll do great.”

“But then, we are a month away from SAT.” she stressed out, finally putting away her brush. “We’re not young anymore. Ah, talking about future stress me out. Let’s drop the subject, shall we?” she laughed.

“Which university will you go to?” I couldn’t help but to ask her that. She looked at me for a while before looking away. “Art Universities, perhaps?”

“Art Universities, as in Seoul Art University?” I pointed out. Wow, that’s high. “I won’t be able to reach there.” I mumbled.

“Don’t be kidding me, Hun. You’re a smart kid. I’m sure you can go there if you want to.” She laughed it off. “As for me, I need to go to good universities. Ah, I did apply for some art universities overseas. I don’t know if they’ll receive me or not.”

“Wait, you what?” I turned her to look at me. Why haven’t I heard of this before? “You’ll leave me that far?”

“We won’t know if I’ll be accepted, dear.” But still, why won’t you ever tell me this before? “What about you?”

Me? “Well, I guess…business?” she nodded. It is obvious after all. It’s how things go with kids like me. We’ll inherit the family business and turn them over to my children when they grow older. “But wait, Sena. If they accept you,” I stopped. “Will um—you go?”

“If there are opportunities,” she looks so determined while I’m only doing this because it’s how things are planned for me. “Then, I must grab them, right?”

“Do you like these stuffs very much?” I asked her when she started to work on the painting. How she brushes the paint against the canvas—it’s full of care. She looks enjoy when she’s doing this. I don’t get people like her.

“I’ve been doing this since I’m young so—yeah, I’m used to it. It’s like a part of my life now.”

“When will you finish this?” I asked, suddenly hugging her waist. Sena gasped and pushed me away. “This is school, Sehun. We can’t do this here.”

“But I miss you. You’ve been staying around in school so late these days. I don’t get enough time to be with you.” I pouted. Realizing that the paint stain is still on her head, I wiped it off with the tip of my blazer. “You barely even call me too.”

“Mianhae, Hun, but I’m quite busy.” She said, without looking at me. “And don’t you need to study too?”

“I refuse to.” She shook her head. “I’ll study when the times come.”

“A month from now, we’ll not be high school students anymore, Sehun. Isn’t it time to be serious?” I frowned. I really hate it when someone nags me to do this kind of stuffs. She must have noticed my sudden emotion fall since she looked back at me. After a moment of silence, she sighed. “We’re so different.”

“What’s so different about us?” I released my grip from her. “We’re both human, we’re both high school seniors, we’re not different at all. We even love each other. How is that being so different?”

“Let’s not fight, shall we?” she stopped bickering and went to turn away. “I’ll finish this sometime soon so we’ll hang out then.”

“Fine then,” I rose up from my seat. “We’ll hang out some time later.”