A Great 'Warm' Comeback

You Screwed Up, Oh Sehun

Chapter 12 - A Great 'Warm' Comeback

Sena’s POV

“You need this?” I saw a water bottle being held up in front of me. Wait a minute, I know this voice, these hands—in fact, I know them so well.

I turned around automatically—eyes to eyes with the man who broke my heart a year ago. Ilhoon’s face brightened up, smiling, as he put the bottle in my hands.  I broke into an unsteady pace of breathing. My mind went absolutely blank. What the heck is he doing in here?

“What are you—?”

Seeing my reactions, Ilhoon chuckled and took the bottle off my hands. He shook his head and opened the cap for me. “What are you going to do without me?” Supporting my back head, he tried to feed me. HE TRIED TO FEED ME! I shot up from the slight mental breakdown and took the bottle away, drinking it myself.

“You haven’t answer my question.” I said, looking away. I saw Jini and Sejin in front of the tents, along with EXO-M on their side, looking at me worriedly. EXO—Ah! Sehun! He was stunned, on the stage, looking straight at me. He stumbled a bit before regaining his posture, continuing the choreography.

“What question? The ‘what-are-you’ question?” he laughed, watching EXO-K on the stage with me. Wait—I can’t be seen with him like this. Sehun will be pissed off when he sees me like this. Ilhoon mumbled something like ‘they’re good’ while I was busy reading Sehun’s expression. “I’m a human, Sena.” He laughed again.

I glared at him. The anger I kept all this time boiled up. It was frustrating, suffocating, he is. Gathering my stuff, I decided to just get away with this madness. I’ll just call Sehun later instead of walking home with him. Ilhoon stopped me, his hand grabbed mine, preventing me to make another move. I snapped him off, pushing him away.

“What are you doing here?” I began to raise my voice. Well, I just can’t help it. The pain he had left was too much for me. Everyone began to stop moving and stared at the scene we were on. Murmurs surfaced among the students as they whispered among each other, glancing at us all the way.

“Are they together again?” “Ilhoon returns for Sena!” “I told you they’re still in love with each other.” “It’s not a surprise.” “What about Sehun?”

I admitted; I panicked. And that explain what I did the next thing. Ilhoon crashed into the ground, holding his private part as I just stood there, staring down at him. People gasped and so did I. I just kicked Jung Ilhoon’s precious balls! High-fiving myself in my mind, I took the chance to walk away.

Glancing back at him for the last time, I saw his friends, or what they call themselves, ‘BTOB’ surrounded him, patting his bottom. I smirked, well that was just an amazing thing to do.

That’s what you get, Ilhoon for meddling in and out of my life.

--------------------------------------

“Mom, can you get the phone for me? I’m in the shower!” I called out, stressed that the phone had been ringing multiple times since I got under the shower. I was busy making life decisions and the noise isn’t helping me with it.

The ringtone called off after a few seconds, indicating that my mom had gotten it. Okay, so back to business. What is Jung Ilhoon doing here? Was he and his friends were booked for the performances? I shook my head, I can’t be! Jini and Sejin should’ve told me all about it! And if my point does make sense, that means I’ll be seeing him for tomorrow and the next day for the school festival.

And Sehun, what will he says about this? Is he going to ignore me again? Will he be all sulking again? His face earlier kept flashing on my mind. How he was at lost for a moment, steps forgotten as his face stiffened seeing me with my ex boyfriend? Can’t this actually get anymore worse?

“Shin Sena, Ilhoon’s here! Can you believe it?”

God, shoot me now!

--------------------------------------

“It’s been years,” my mom squealed in delight. “Uh, mom,” I glared at her. “It’s only been a year.”

“Don’t screw the moment, dear.” She scowled and hugged Ilhoon again. The boy just grinned and flipped himself to the side. Okay, that used to be attractive but now it merely becomes disgusting. I rolled my eyes, plopping down the sofa.

“You go and talk to him while I heat up the dinner.” She smiled, patting his head. “Wait up, Ilhoonie.”

“Yes, umma.” I shot a look at him. You dare call my mom ‘umma’ after all what you did to me? Unbelievable— “I miss you.”

I sighed. Hearing that doesn’t make me feel good at all. The old me few months back would be happy and giggly all about it but not now. It just felt too late. “Why are you here?”

He shifted and turned to look at me, patting the vacant seat next to him. “Let’s talk first, okay?” No. I glared as I started to return back to the stairs, ignoring him. “Sena, please.” He pledged. “We should have a good closure.”

Good closure, you say? “Ilhoon, you left me—I mean, literally dumped me in front of the entire school. How could I possibly act nicely to that?” I wiped my still wet hair with a towel which was hung on the stair, probably was thrown away by me after hearing the shocking visit of Ilhoon. Thinking of him here does not make me feel any better.

“I’m sorry.” He trailed out. I stiffened. Why does my heart felt a little tug? The tone Ilhoon working on is his real sympathetic one. I knew him for years and he’s not difficult for me to read. I say, does he really mean that apology? “I should’ve known better. You or fame? I guess I got a bit greedy.”

I stopped in the middle of the stairs, looking at how he’s playing with his hands. It’s true, though. He chose his career over me and I wasn’t actually the one to blame. I can’t possibly hold him back from his dream. Doesn’t that stupid saying goes, ‘If you love someone, let them go. If you were truly meant for each other, he’ll return.’ Is that even correct?

I loved him. I really do but Sehun is the one I truly care for right now. Ilhoon sensed my dilemma and sent me a warm smile. His eyes were still the same like he used to be. Stupid me, how could someone eyes change in just a year? “I miss you. I really do.”

“Ilhoon look,” I darted down the stairs, trying to explain my current relationship status. “I have a b—”

“Dinner’s ready!”

“We’ll talk again later.” He said as he went for the kitchen. I just watched as his back view left me. I really need to call Sehun as soon as possible. If this keeps us, I don’t know if I could get back to my sanity.

 


My baby Ilhoonie~~

How can he so hot and cute at the same time???


p/s : I'm Minhyuk and I approved this fangirlingness *thumbs up!*

*winks*

 


Sorry for the random outburst~ ;)