I Trust You

You Screwed Up, Oh Sehun

Chapter 13 – I Trust You

 “I know right?” Ilhoon’s eyes grew into a tight eye smile as he laughed along on my father’s stupid jokes. I just shook my head, munching on the rice quietly. It’s stupid how I was being forced to have another dinner when I already ate earlier. All thanks to the sudden visit of Jung Ilhoon.

“You have no idea how much I was taken aback when I saw the pair of shoes.” My father chuckled. “I thought it was someone else. Seeing it’s you,” he patted Ilhoon’s shoulder, “I’m so glad. I’ve been missing out on you for so long already.”

“It’s just a year, dad.”

“A year means a lot, Sena.” Ilhoon pouted. “Imagine how many times I can go fishing with father, how many games of Go-stop I could play with you mother.”

“You’re underage to play that game.” And who says you could freely call my parent, ‘father’ and ‘mother’ just like that? I kept the last part to myself as I was trying to close up nicely with him. I grunted as I saw three disappointed faces looking at me. “Don’t be too rude, Sena.” My mother warned. “It’s been so long since Ilhoon last joined us. It’s like the old times again.”

I excused myself and cleaned my dishes before going straight upstairs. Closing my bedroom door behind me, I plopped down on my bed. “Why does he have to be here?”

My phone rings. Oh Sehun! I crawled next to study table and grabbed the phone. “Hey,”

I was greeted with nothing but silence. I sighed, of course, why wouldn’t he be like this? The boy I used to love suddenly return by my side and he was there, unable to do anything about it.

“Sehun-ah,” I tried to coax him. I moved from the bed to the window, staring at the bright stars, hoping that he’s doing the same sky as I do. “Hey,” I can’t push him to talk to me, I’ll just let him cool off by himself. This time, it was him sighing. Bit by bit, his sigh hurt me. I was out of words—sad Sehun makes me even down and it’s not helping with the constant knocks on my door. “Sena-ya,”

“Is he there?” I bit my lips. The three words made me so anxious, nervous even when I’m doing nothing wrong, or am I? Isn’t it painful for him to know that Ilhoon is here, in my house, at this moment? I nodded my head, as if he could see me. That’s the only thing I could do now.

“Sena, open the door. We need to talk.”

“Sehun, it’s not like you think.” I got up and kicked the door with my leg, signaling Ilhoon to take his leave now.

“I trust you, Sena.” Smile crept to me. I felt like I’ve been revived. You do? “But I won’t hesitate to break his face if he ever crosses the line.” I nodded again, completely agreeing with him. “You won’t be mad at me for hurting him, will you?”

“I don’t mind.” I said, finally opening the door. “I trust you too.”

A confused Ilhoon greeted me by the door, caught eavesdropping on my conversation. But I doubt he can listen to anything. “Is he still there?”

“Yeah, he’s here.” I stared right into Ilhoon’s eyes. He mouthed a ‘who?’ at me and was leaning to hear the other line. “Why?”

“It’s nothing.” But yet again, I heard Sehun sighing. I tried to push Ilhoon away but he stayed there, stoned. “Are you talking to a man?”

“Don’t get too close, Sena. I’ll be very jealous.” I chuckled. In times like this, Sehun surely knows how to entertain his heart. But still, I nodded. “And don’t sleep late. I’ll see you tomorrow, kay?”

“I’ll see you tomorrow too.” I grinned, leaning against the door. It’s fun though, teasing Ilhoon like this. He was about to take the phone away from me when my mother suddenly called him. I shooed him and turned inside my room again. “You’re not hanging up yet?”

“Na-ah,” his playful remarks began. “I was about to but I want to hear you snore first.”

“How do you know that I’m snoring?” I snorted, grabbing a hold of a teddy bear he gave me. “You’re a stalker, you know that?”

“Don’t remind me. I got 11 other friends to say that.” Sehun laughed off. “Huh, I miss you already. Do you know how worried I was earlier?”

“Why would you be worried?” I rolled in my bed, savoring my night talk with Sehun. It’s been so long since we last have something like this. I’ll be busy with the application as he’s with the festival’s dance performance.

“At first I thought that you’ll hug him or what—or kiss him? I don’t know, Sena. It’s just that—insecurity.” Ah, I nodded, I’m well aware of that. It’s the same when I see him with other girls, girls like Kyungmi and Lexy. “But then, I was wrong. When I see you…um, kicking him—” he ended up with laughing.

“That was well-done, Sena.” I shot up when I sensed some weight on my bed. Him again—I scooted over and sat, hearing Sehun’s apology along with witty sayings about that kick this evening. “I mean—I’m not celebrating for his pain but, it helps me with my pain…so yeah. He deserves it.”

“I know, Sehun.” I looked at Ilhoon’s face, fishing out his reaction. He seemed curious and eager to find out about that. “Ah, he’s here again.”

“What the—I thought he left.” I could imagine Sehun’s pout as he whined inside his room.

“Sehun? Oh Sehun from EXO-K?” Ilhoon asked again. “I never knew you two were close. In fact, I never know that you’re close with any other men besides us BTOB.”

“He doesn’t know about our relationship?” Sehun butted in.

“No.”

“Why is he calling you so late? It’s not like his your boyfriend or what.” I scoffed and I could hear Sehun’s chuckling too. What if he is my boyfriend, Ilhoon?

“Why are you here so late? It’s not like you’re my boyfriend or what.” I shot him a look and pushed him out of the room. “Goodnight Ilhoon. Go home, I’m tired now.”

Without waiting for his reply, I closed the door shut in front of his face and locked it. I went back for the phone and waited for Sehun.

“You’re tired now?” his voice was gentle. “I’ll hang up then.”

“No,” I stopped him, as I tugged myself inside my blanket. “You said you’ll wait till I snore.”

“Aha, being a baby you are, oh?” I smiled, not feeling a bit shame about that. After all, he’s mine, right? “Go lie down and snug on your pillow. I’ll sing you your lullaby.”

“You’re singing for me? Now that’s new.” I teased, wondering how he’ll carry out all the s syllables in each lyric. It’ll be too cute and funny that I’ll not be able to sleep. Perhaps the first thing I’ll do to him tomorrow is to pinch that plump cheeks of him.

“I can sing too, you know.” He huffed. “But of course I’m not as good as Baekhyun and Chen hyung. I’m quite the multiplayer. I sing a bit, dance a bit, rap a bit.”

“Okay, okay then. What will you sing me?”

“MAMA, I’ll do the screaming parts over and over until you sleep.”

“You’re kidding me, Oh Sehun. You know how much that song scares the wit out of me.”

“Careless, careless, shoot anonymous, anonymous, heartless, mindless…”

 


It was nothing but I want to update… so yeah. I hope it met your expectations. This story will come to an end soon but for now, let’s deal with the ; Sehun-Sena-Ilhoon crisis. If I have some spare time, I’ll do a spin-off with Chen and Jini too. I’m not sure though, I got lots of stories to finish, not mentioning that my Baekhyun feels keep draining up, I barely even have time to breathe. Lol, a bit of exaggerations I guess.

Thanks for those who comment, vote and subscribe. No words can express how much I appreciate it. I’ll just throw a gif of my husband being a handsome derp as a thank-you remark.

Okay, I love you too, Yeol :*

: "Good job, girl! You did well with this chapter~"

Bye, dears, I’ll see you in my next update :)

 

*Gifs are not mine. But Chanyeol is XD