Merry Christmas, Oh Sehun

You Screwed Up, Oh Sehun

The Last Chapter : Merry Christmas, Oh Sehun

Sehun’s POV

“C’mon, Sehun,” Kyungmi sat on the edge of my desk. Oh look, she’s crumpling my papers. I frowned—those are the contracts for the Japan clients. “Come with me.”

I huffed in my seat, still eyeing her. The short skirt she’s wearing barely even covers anything. I smirked; her flesh looked like it’s about to burst anytime. She misunderstood though, scooting closer and played with the hem of my suit. “I reeeaaaalllyyyy have to go for this Christmas gathering and I don’t have a date. Come with me?”

“No,” I stared at her. “Sche—”

“Your assistant told me that you don’t have any schedule for the rest of the day.” She pouted—to me it looked like a sick duck face. I laughed—I mean, ducks are supposed to be cute and Kyungmi is definitely not. How do I even compare these two complete opposites together?

“You know the answer,” I stood up, staking the files into a pile and grabbed my coat. “No, no and NO.”

She stomped her feet angrily and I stormed as fast as I could to the door. Opening it, I could hear my workers’ gossiping about me and Kyungmi. I shook my head; these fools aren’t working and bad-mouthing me instead? I twisted the knob opened and Kyungmi stopped me by tugging the end of my coat.

The workers stopped their work and focused on us. I glared at her hand and she finally retreat it. Can’t she just accept no for an answer? “You’re not working and the gathering with EXO will not overlap with the mine. Why can’t you just give in to me, Oh Sehun?”

I simply stared at her. Those round eyes aren’t as sparkly as hers. That pointed nose isn’t as attractive as hers. The lips—aren’t as alluring as hers. But Kyungmi’s wonderfully bloomed into such a fine woman. Why couldn’t I just give in? I sighed, starting to walk away again. The reason is just so obvious—Shin Sena.

“She left.” The crowd’s heads perked up. I bit my lips and stopped in my track. No one has ever known about me and my past here. To them, I’m just Oh Sehun, the CEO of Oh Enterprise, a mysterious young man with no heart. My heart left—how could I ever feel happy again?

“I was there all along for you, Sehun. This is just a gathering and that also you can’t do for me?” I turned around and looked at her. It’s true though, Kyungmi was there for me when I was stupid enough to almost kill myself, to be a monster but I don’t want her. “Stop it.”

“No, Sehun. This is—it’s been 7 years!”

“Shut it, Kyungmi and leave.”

“She left. Sena left you for Jung Ilhoon!”

“No, she didn’t.” I fired back. Oh great, now we’re creating a scene. The other hyungs will come here soon for our tradition Christmas gathering and Kyungmi is still not leaving. “Now, leave. I have to go too.”

“Sehun,” Kyungmi raced to my side. “Shin Sena is not coming back. She really left for good. What do you think happened when she kiss—”

“Never,” I gritted through my teeth. “Ever mention that to me.”

Kyungmi stayed there and she looked like she’s about to cry. Guilt engulfed me, and I quickly glanced around the room. The workers resumed back their works, probably scared of me. “Kangjun,”

“Y-yeah sir?” one of my favorite workers shot his head up, looking at me with nervous eyes. “Do you have any girlfriend?”

“N-no,” he slowly trailed off. “Do you have plan for today?” Again, he shook his hands. I nodded and looked at Kyungmi again. Kangjun has always stands out for her whenever the bad sides turn on Kyungmi and he would stare every time she comes here.

“Go home early, wear formal clothes and come with Kyungmi here for her gathering.”

“B-but—”

“That’s an order.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What’s with this cheesy place for our gathering, ge?” Tao poked his stuffed panda toy’s eyes. I shook my head. Even when we’re completely adults now, his innocence never leave him. The others were hanging around the entire place and there were more people coming here.

I eyed my coffee—mild and sweet—just like Sena. It’s been a while since I drink bubble tea now, since it reminds me so much of her. Everyone has their dates with them; Kris is bickering with Gaeul, Suho heats up Hanbit’s hands, Chen feeds Jini cakes, and the list goes on. It’s been years since I last saw her and it left me with a pretty bad memory too.

“No dates for this year too?” Luhan’s wife, Hyeju sat next to me. I just shook my head and smiled bitterly. “You know, Luhan told me just recently.” I raised an eyebrow and looked at her. Hyeju is beautiful, a sparkling beauty. Among all the other girls, I’m the closest to her. Of course, Luhan cannot hide anything from this one. I laughed awkwardly and sighed.

“I’m pathetic, aren’t I?” She shook her head and pulled the coffee out of my hands, replacing it with bubble tea…bubble tea? I eyed it carefully, tossing it around. It’s no mistake; my chocolate bubble tea! “Someone gave it to you.”

I turned around and my hopes went down. “I rather not drink this.” I joked as the figure came towards us. “He might poison this, you know?”

“I’m not that bad, Sehun.” Ilhoon rolled his eyes. Hyeju smiled and waved as she walked away. “Merry Christmas, Oh Sehun,” he grinned. “You may be my eternal’s rival but I wish you the best Christmas anyway.”

“Are you here just to treat me chocolate bubble tea and be cheesy with me?” he scoffed. I smirked and took a few sips. Ilhoon and I had been friends after the incident. The next morning after the school festival seven years ago, I found him with red eyes on my front door. We were both having red eyes that day. He took me to the airport where I have learnt that Sena is leaving.

“Nope, excuse me but I have better things to do.” He stuck his tongue at me. “I’m leaving now.”

“So soon?” I asked. The others nodded too—I just realized that they’ve been hearing our whole conversation. Filthy hyungs still don’t believe in me. “You should stay to at least celebrate Christmas.”

“I just came to drop off your Christmas present.” I swore, I saw a glint of pain in his eyes but I shrugged it off. “Merry Christmas again, Oh Sehun,”

I perked up from my thoughts and smiled at him. “Merry Christmas to you too, Ilhoon,” I stopped for a while before exhaling. “And I’m sorry for all the things I’ve done wrong for you.” Ilhoon nodded and left after bidding everyone else goodbyes. I glanced around—where’s this present that he’s talking about?

“Mom?” I stood up from my seat and gawked. God, this is my mother! What is she doing in here instead of eating turkey with my dad? Baekhyun laughed and clapped his hands in delight. “My favorite Mrs. Oh!”

“What are you doing here?” I asked her. The others just watched in silence as they started eating our dinner.

“Oh Sehun,” she smiled. I’ve never seen her this bright in such a long time. After Sena left, well things aren’t going well with my relationship with her. She blamed me for her loss and I too agreed with her on that. That is why I began to make myself busy by getting involved in the family business. “I just want to make sure of something and I’m about to leave now. Don’t worry; I won’t disturb you and your friends.”

“What is it?” I couldn’t help but to feel curious. My mom just smiled and patted my cheeks slowly. I was taken aback by her sudden closeness. It’s been such a while since I experienced this son-mother moments with her.

“Just some stuff with my daughter-in-law.” I crooked my neck. I thought I was her only single son? Am I getting an arranged marriage or what? “Merry Christmas, son. I love you.” With that, she walked away. I was confused. Turning around to see my hyungs’ reactions, they simply shrugged and I noticed some things off.

“Okay, boys. What is this?” I stared at them. Chanyeol seemed the most anxious and excited so I kept him in my gaze longer. “Keep it cool, Chan—” Xiumin was at lost when Chanyeol looked even more nervous. “Don’t tell him just yet.” He hissed but I overheard it. I smirked, knowing that soon, everything will reveal itself.

Their dates looked confused and so was I but I maintained to hold back myself. I turned around, and the next person I saw was an angel. My breath hitched and I bit my tongue to control myself.

Sena was looking around, still in her amazingly beautiful state. Clearly she hasn’t seen me yet and I don’t want to give in just yet. Kris smirked at me and I found myself struggling not to smile back. I sighed and again stole a glance back.

“What is he looking for?” D.O’s fiancée asked as she tried to see behind my back. “I thought Sehun doesn’t like girls.” I shot her a look before rubbing my sweaty palms. “Someone’s getting giddy?” Lay wiggled his eyebrows and laughed.

“About that,” D.O tried explaining to his girl. “Sehun here really likes girls. But I say he particularly favors one the most.”

“I don’t know Sehun has a lover.” Sena peered into the crowd and finally her eyes landed on me. I smiled and the urge to wave is ruining the mood. Wave—like how old are we? It’s not like we’re in high school anymore.

“Hey,” I tried to act cool when she—at last—is in front of me. I heard the wolfing sounds the other made and not to mention the suddenly pang of thud thud my heart is having. “Merry Christmas.”

Sena laughed and shook her head. She faced the others and bowed—waving at Jini for the last one. Wave—it’s not childish at all, just very cute. I specially corrected myself as she introduced herself in front of the others. And soon, they were fully engulfed in a conversation. We all sat down, eating and talking. I learnt that Sena is now a vice-director of a gallery—which the girl I had turned down for my arranged marriage last year—I shook my head; thinking about the fact that I screwed up when I could already be married to her by now.

“So that what you do in Italy?” Kai joked. “I know you were very busy an all but you could at least call. You hurt me.” he pouted. Sena merely chuckled and finally, her attention is now back on mine. She tilted her head—perhaps thinking about how I was not uttering a single word during our dinner.

“Sena-ya,” She looked at me again. “I’ve screwed up didn’t I?

“No, I did.” She played with her hands, trying to get off a stain of paint on her thumb. She must’ve been painting before she came here. I took her hands in mine. “I did wrong and every single day I thought about you. I could’ve imagined how you would’ve felt back then and it hurt me just so much. And now—now that I’m finally back—”

“Can you just kiss me already?”

“Excuse me?” she stopped in the middle of her words and just stared at me. Seeing her like this today, I’ve felt like I’ve traveled back to the year where I first had the courage to confess to her. I smiled and stared back.

“Sena babe, I know I’m attractive but won’t you just stop staring at me already?” Sena scoffed and the others just watched in amusement. “You know?” I tugged her hair behind her ear and caressed her cheeks. “I’m really into you.” I kissed her softly but Sena is just there—stoned.

I pulled back and pouted. “I don’t like taking things slowly. So, wouldn’t you mind to just kiss me back already? I prefer it to be—

Sena’s lips felt just as soft as it was 7 years ago. I’m Oh Sehun and I’ve screwed up many times. But every single mistake I made takes me a step closer to Shin Sena. This Christmas, I know, I won’t be lonely, I won’t be pathetic, because I have my Sena here with me, my dearest soulmate.

Thank you God, for this wonderful Christmas present.

 


Finally the end! I really want to thank every single one of you who read this story. For the awesome votes, entertaining and motivating comments, my subbies, everything; Thank you!

For those who've shown interest since the first oneshot, I couldn't thank you more. This story has come a long way (Sena and Sehun just got into more fights ever since) and I really going to miss it.

Merry Christmas, everyone. I'll try even harder to bring more good writings to you and I wish you all a wonderful Christmas. May God bless all of you~ *winks and hold hands with Chanyeol, walking into the sunset*

Love, yeol-byul2711 (10star) :)