Ignoring Him

You Screwed Up, Oh Sehun

 Chapter 3 – Ignoring Him

It’s Thursday and I’ve been ignoring Sehun for the past few days. Even when he tries talking to me in school, I would walk the other way, avoiding him. All his texts and calls I ignored. I’ll let him feel how he makes me feel all this time.

I was in the library, skipping my Math class since Sehun will be in the class too. I huffed, letting my head resting on the thick dictionary. I hid myself well; in the most secretive table at the end of the library. Only old books and lame dictionaries are found here so the teacher won’t be able to found me.  This place has been my hiding place for the past years I’m studying in this school.

I checked my phone which is in silent mode. 10 new messages and all of them are from Sehun. 2 missed calls too? And this is all from this morning. Our Math teacher must’ve been pestering about my sudden absence. I told Jini and Sejin about this. They understood and promised to make notes for me. I was dozing off—it’s the best thing I can do right now. 30 more minutes until the class is over. It will be enough time for me to rest.

“Why are you here?” a voice called. Damn, I’m in trouble! Is it my Math teacher? I looked up and saw Baekhyun. My mouth formed an ‘o’ and he quickly grabbed the seat in front of me. “I’m skipping class too, so let’s keep it down.” He winked as his voiced whispered slowly.

I’m facing my right as I continue lying on the dictionary. But I could still sense Baekhyun’s eyes staring at me. I turned to look at him and I’m right; he’s watching my every moves.

“Do you mind,” I looked at him. “You do know that it’s rude to stare at people, right?”

He shook his head and smiled. Are all of them like this? They’re all stubborn and weird. I grunted, thinking of Sehun again. “Shin Sena,” he called.

“Yes?”

“Come closer, I got something to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“Closer,” he pulled my head. I leaned and tilted my head to the other side.

“I know your secrets,” he winked. I moved back and stared closely at him. My secrets? Is it about me being in a secret relationship with Sehun? He nodded his head and smirked. I never know a cute boy like him would be so sly and evil.

“Are you kidding me?” I snorted. How could he know the truth? Sehun never tell anyone about me. I assume that he’s ashamed of who I am. I cupped my own face, looking bored and I tried my best not to be curious with what Baekhyun just said.

“You’re still in love with Jung Ilhoon, right?” he smiled, proud of his own assumption. I shot him a look and chuckled. “What? It’s not true, then?”

“What makes you think so?”

“Well since you reject Sehun.”

“I reject Sehun?!” I looked at him weirdly. What the heck is he talking about? He quickly covered his own mouth. “I-I don’t mean it that way.” He grinned.

“…..”

“…..”

“……Fine! It’s because you never notice him before, that’s all. Oh Sehun likes you, ever since our first year.” I raised an eyebrow. I couldn’t get even a bit in what he is saying.

“Don’t you know? Oh Sehun would always look at you—from far, admiring you.”

“Really?” I was puzzled. I never even notice him before. He always seemed cold and emotionless. He wouldn’t even look at the girls and only hang out with his hyungs.

“After you were in a relationship with Ilhoon hyung, you have no idea on how mad he was. He won’t eat, won’t talk, refuse to go out.” I nodded; listening to Baekhyun’s every word. “When Ilhoon hyung dumped you, he was furious, worse than he was when you’re still dating him. He would hurt himself every time he saw you crying or hurt.”

I was shocked. I never imagine Sehun being like that. He seemed so cheerful whenever we’re together. But now, why is he treating me like this? Is he bored already with me? I grunted again, this time sighing louder than before.

“A few weeks back, he seems so happy so we thought that he’s over you.” Right, that’s when we started dating. “But then lately, he’s been in a bind. It’s like he changed so much. That’s the reason we thought that you had rejected him.”

“That’s absurd.”

“So you didn’t—,”

“MS. SHIN, MR. BYUN!”

Both of us looked behind. I saw my Math teacher along with Kyungmi, Lexy’s friend from the other day. Damn that ! She must’ve be the one who reported us.

“YOU TWO COME TO MY OFFICE, NOW!!”