Soulmate

You Screwed Up, Oh Sehun

Chapter 14 : Soulmate

Sena’s POV

“Morning, sunshine!” a voice woke me up from my slumber. I grunted and rolled around the bed, rubbing my eyes. I thought dad went fishing with his boss every Friday and he always gets up in the dawn.

“Shin Sena,” he shook my body. “Wake up, babe.”

Babe? I rose up from my lying position and fluttered my eyes opened. “What are you doing here, Jung Ilhoon?” my hoarse voice filled my room.

“Don’t you know? I sleep here last night.” My jaw dropped. He’s here since yesterday? “I sleep right here, in your room.” he smiled sheepishly. I looked at his sprawled out comforter and blanket. “Mother gave me the key for your room. You slammed the door right in front of me last night. How could you?” he pouted.

As I was about to open my mouth again, he pulled me up from my bed and threw me into the bathroom. “Go shower and prepare for school. I know there’s nothing to do there anymore since you guys finished studying but still, you have to come with me for the festival’s practice.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that is how I end up riding his car to go to school today. I’m still arguing whether to step out or not. If I do then more gossips will surfaced and people will start talking again. What if it’ll reach Sehun? But he said he trusts me last night. Will this destroy his faith in me?

Ilhoon just chuckled and went to open the door for me. I glared at him. He’s not supposed to do that. Because of this misunderstands, this situation will attract more attention. I sighed, finally gathering my whole pride to just come out of his car. He shut the door behind and grinned. “Just like old days, uh?” He looked at me proudly and scoffed.

“Why are you coming out from there?” Sejin pulled me. She was just hanging out with her boyfriend, Minhyuk, Ilhoon’s BTOB friend. The boys gawked, staring at me in disbelief as they knew; it was already the end of our relationship. The surprised look slowly turned into smirks as they high-fived Ilhoon. I shook my head and walked away straight into the school’s compound.

“I see someone’s still having a bad morning despite my awesome lullaby yesterday?” I turned around almost immediately and the frowned ceased.

“Good morning,” he greeted, pulling me into a big hug. I looked down, feeling guilt since I just came out from another man’s car. “Morning to you too, Sehun,”

Other students were sending glares at me as they passed by. Sehun noticed that and he raised an eyebrow. “Something happened this morning?”

“Promise you won’t get mad,” I grumbled as I walked into the school. He followed behind me as we entered the art room. It was a long silence walk but Sehun understands—or I hope he does. “He slept in my room yesterday. And he sent me to school today…since they still have to practice for tomorrow.” I explained, waiting for his response.

Sehun just closed the door behind him and sat down the stool. I sighed and back hugged him. This is what I at least do, right? “Are you mad at me?”

He snorted and I was really scared that moment. Is he really mad? “How can’t I possibly be mad at you when you’re hugging me like this?”

“So…?”

“Of course, not dummy. I told you that I trust you, didn’t I?”

I smiled, grabbing a hold of his cheek and just pecked a small kiss. “Thank you, Sehun…for believing in me.”

“Sena-ya,” he called as I settled my bag on the table. It was already originally my planned to hang out in here since the class will be too much too handle. The teachers were all busy with the festivals so it’s useless anyway to stay in the class doing nothing. Hm, I turned to look at him. “What’s your locker combination? And that too?” he pointed at my cupboard.

I glanced at the cupboard too. “1004,” I answered, telling him the truth. It’s better to just honestly tell him rather than to lie. “But I can change it if you like.”

“No,” he shook his head. “It’s been like that from the first day you stepped here. I don’t want to ruin it for you. But, can you tell me why it’s 1004?”

“It’s his birthday.” I said after taking a deep breath. “And by 1000, it says ‘cheon’, 4 is ‘sa’ so by combining it, we have ‘cheonsa’, meaning angel. I just thought it sounds cool so I decided to keep it.”

“I see,” he nodded his head. “I guess, you really do—”

“Don’t even start, Oh Sehun. You’re my boyfriend now, not him.” I opened the cupboard and pulled out a painting. “Jjan, a present for the most understanding boyfriend in the world,” I handed him a portrait of himself.

He looked surprised and overwhelmed to take it. “Is this really me I’m seeing?” he caressed the delicate painting. “B-but, when did you draw this? It’s nicely done too…”

“Actually I never knew that I had it there before. This is dated around…” I turned the painting around, looking at the date when I drew it, ah, my first year in high school. I wasn’t Ilhoon’s girlfriend at that time. I showed it at him and he crooked his head.

“There is a boy…I met in Apgujeong street. It was raining back then and I was wet—like literally wet. Despite being soaked in rain, this boy offered his umbrella to me. I refused of course, seeing how drenched he is.” Sehun’s confusion turned into a smile. “He ignored me declining and still held it up, perfectly enough to cover the both of us.”

“When do you realize that it was me?”

“This side profile,” I trailed along his jaw line. “The same as the first one I ever feel attracted to. My imaginary lover as I said. For weeks,” I stressed out. “I had him in my mind until I finally decided to just draw him. As they say, picture lasts longer.”

“So Ilhoon’s not your first love?”

“I guess so since I just remember about it today.” I chuckled. “You can say déjà vu? I thought I had everything cleaned up and organized, but I forgot about this particular drawing.”

I touched the painting too. It never crossed my mind that my Apgujeong boy will be Sehun. No wonder Baekhyun says how much he likes me since our first year. And now that it’s our senior year, it took me long enough to recognize him. It was wrong of me too, when I finally gave up on finding him, Jung Ilhoon came along and distracted me. Well, a good distraction I say.

“Sena-ya, we are…” he trailed off, looking at me in the eyes. “We’re so fated to be one another’s soulmate.”

 


Yeah, Ilhoon, be jealous~ be envious...and come to me! Muahahhaha ^..^

Anyway, thanks for reading :D