MEMORIES

MOONLIGHT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Are you good with this set up of royalties Mr. Cho?” Director Choi asked the young author as they discussed about the contract of publishing the Korean version of his book.

 

Cho Kyuhyun, a young author had made his name on the U.S. market. His book entitled MOONLIGHT: A PROMISE paved his way to spotlight after a few years of sacrifices and determination. Amidst the difficulties he faced for the foreign land yet he was optimistic enough of finding the day people would finally recognize his works and indeed it came.

 

“Yes sir, it is good enough. Thank you for considering my works” he humbly said

 

“We are much thankful Mr. Cho, especially for believing to our company. It is a pleasure to do business with you” Director Choi reached for his hand as a gesture of closing the deal.

 

“Thank you again sir” Kyuhyun accepted his hand and indeed the deal is closed.

 

“It is by the second of winter Mr.Cho. Your book will surely be a hit since Christmas is approaching, a good gift for everyone. Thank you again everyone and this meeting is adjourned.” Director Choi then bid goodbye followed by his staff and Kyuhyun bowed down his head as a courtesy.

 

The meeting has ended earlier than he expected and there is much time left for the day. He also doesn’t have any schedules to attend to either so he decided to take a stroll around the streets of Seoul. After awhile, he ended up resting at a nearby park with his body being laid back to one of its benches. The spot is ended familiar to him, the very same spot he sat five years ago. Flashes of images then rapidly came through him and stuck to a crying lady sitting beside him.

 

“Joohyun” he softly called and the lady cried even more

 

“Don’t cry now Joohyun” he said and reached for his hand to wipe her tears off but he was like brushing his hand through the air. Then he realized it was all a memory.

 

He sighed. A big one and close his eyes as he feels the warmth of the sun and a cool wind of fast approaching winter. But then the memories came again to him.

 

“Oppa, Let us go to the Lotte World please” she pouts like a lost puppy dog as she clasped her hands together “Pretty please” she said again.

 

“Anni, you still have an early examination tomorrow. We need to go home now” he said in a firm tone

 

“Please oppa…Baby… My love please…I promise I’ll ace Algebra tomorrow. I’ll remember all you taught me” she said and gave him a warmest smile that he fell in love with.

 

“Promise me you’ll do great at your exam ahrasso? Aigoo! Why cant I resist you” he scratches his head as a sign of defeat.

 

“Deh oppa. I love you” she hugged him tight.

 

 

“Do you still want to go to the amusement park Joohyun?” he thought “I would love to bring you there whenever you want” he said and creases a smile.

 

Suddenly, a whiny little girl across him interrupts his daydreaming.

 

“Waaaaaaah! Eoooommmmaaa!! I want that pink balloon waaaaahhh!” a little girl in a pink summer dress cries loudly while pointing to a pink balloon owned by another little girl.

 

“Sulli, my child. Let j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter