I.3

Makoli

Sung kyu had really come over to Myungsoo's to advice him not to hurt those two people. But Myungsoo had such a calm, comforting aura about him. he found himself going on and on and Myungsoo doing all the listening. It was so late at night and he lived so far away, Myungsoo convinced him it was better to spend the night in his present state of mind.

The following morning, Myungsoo did not bring up the subject at all, for which his hyung was grateful and after breakfast, he took his leave.

The concert was coming up and the group had to return to the dorms, so they locked up their respective homes and moved back in. Rooming arrangements had changed with Dongwoo rooming with Myungsoo, Sungyeol with Hoya, Sungjong with Woohyun and as leader Sung Kyu had his own room. All were unpacking, when Myungsoo casually walked up to Sung kyu and handed him an undershirt.

"You forgot this" he said. "Oh thanks" the older one replied gratefully because this undershirt was one of the few that did not irritate his skin in heat. Both resumed unpacking, neither aware of three pairs of eyes looking at them.

They knew the routine and dived into it. Practice, practice, practice. During rehearsals, Sungkyu became very professional and ran s hard. At one point, Sung Jong burst out, "I bet you wouldn't run Myungsoo this ragged if it were only him"

"I would run him just as hard" Sung kyu snapped, "because I want our come back to be the best". Sung Kyu never realised how revealing his reply was. In a way he was saying Myungsoo had a special place to him.

"Now get up!" he barked at Sung jong who had sunk to the floor on his haunches. Sungjong took his own sweet time but Sung Kyu refused to rise to the bait. He just stood there watching him, arms crossed, feet apart and eyes slitted. This macknae was getting on his last nerve! Just as he was going to give it to Sungjong, Myungsoo exclaimed, "Oh look! Manager hyung bringing snacks". It was enough to divert everyone's attention. But noone noticed Woohyun who had been silently watching the byplay.

Sung Kyu gave Sungjong one last black look before walking off to welcome their manager. As he passed Myungsoo, he gave him a look full of gratitude. Myungsoo simply nodded in acknowledgement.